SW chips

Hi I am in Italy and would really like to buy this fryer. Is it the tefal one? Here it's called actifryer...with frozen foods no oil is required but with raw pots to make chips a tbsp oil which could be a healthy extra. Also wondering how many syns for frozen chips if cooked with no oil using this fryer? Thanks in advance

Susy75 said:
Hi I am in Italy and would really like to buy this fryer. Is it the tefal one? Here it's called actifryer...with frozen foods no oil is required but with raw pots to make chips a tbsp oil which could be a healthy extra. Also wondering how many syns for frozen chips if cooked with no oil using this fryer? Thanks in advance

The tefal one is called an actifryer but there is also a Phillips one which is the airfryer. They both do the same thing I think.
The chips will depend on which brand your using. I use raw potatoes and spray with frylight in the actifryer. They are yummy!!! :) hope this helps :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you...yes I bought the airfryer as it needs no oil and it makes fantastic chips in 15 mins!! Gnam gnammy!

I too stopped parboiling the potatoes as it takes too long!

Last couple of times I ground salt, pepper and garlic over the chips before putting them in the oven and half way through giving them another light spray - they are delicious!

I've started to part cook them with no water in the microwave in a clingfilm covered bowl, then heat the oven up to max and spray them with frylight, gorgeous! Don't take long at all!

Here are my chips done with the airfryer and no oil with eggs..absolutely yummy!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111104_184009.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111104_184009.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 167
They look Yummy x

Hi Susy

I also have the airfryer. Did you spray them or use no oil at all? I find 2t (4 syns) makes perfect, crispy chips.

Susy75 said:
No oil!! just popped in 17 mins later..the result..just used oil from Hex for eggs :)

Are they homemade chips (hand cut), or oven chips? They look so PERFECT!!

Mmmm

cut with that potato cutter that looks like a masher. They cut them perfect. In the airfryer you can put oven or frozen chips and do not need the tablespoon of oil. 2.5 syns per 100g bloody worth it. Tell you what I spent a bomb on the airfryer but in 4 weeks since I have bought it I have used it almost everyday. yummy chips...felt guilty when I got it being expensive but don't regret it at all now!

Back