SW Chips

Hiya i usually boil them for a few minutes 5-10 at most , drain well then spray with frylight and pop in the oven lovely good luck on your slimming journey

They are lovely aren't they - I have them with everything!

I don't bother with the 10 min drying though and they still come out nice and crispy!

I always leave the slim on mine, I think they taste nicer and it means extra fibre.

I'm sure I've seen somewhere someone saying they MICROWAVED them instead of boiling them first and them still being lovely...would that work?

Hi all, I do mine in the microwave like a jacket potato (whole and pierced with the skin on) about for 3 - 5 minutes depending on their size. I then slice it into chips or wedges and cook in my airfryer. I'm sure that this method would work just as well in an oven though.

OOO I could kiss you!! I've tried doing SW chips twice and both took SO long to cook so surely the microwave trick would make it much quicker? Thank you!! xx

ps, whats a airfryer?!

Hi Milkshake, airfryers are made by Phillips, and they're like a deep fat fryer without the oil. I love mine, but then I love my kitchen gadgets. They only take 15 minutes in the airfryer.

I microwave mine first and then spray them with frylight before putting in the oven, they are lush x

I also boil my chips first, then leave for 10 minutes - then bake in oven covered in frylight. nom nom.
Also - if you like the chips, deffo try the crisps! OMG - sooo nice. only been on slimming world a week, never thought i could eat crisps on a diet! x

Texty how long do you microwave them for then oven them for? I've been wanting a bowl of sw chips and beans!

I do mine for about 4.5 to 5 minutes depending on how many im making hun
I peel mine i dont leave them in the skins

DRIBBLE!! Thank you for the tips I certainly will be having a go tomorrow!...Will attempt a photo!

That really looks yummy I'm jealous!

I LOVE the Sw chips... Have them 3/4 times a week with different meals... Steaks, bacon+egg, bolognese etc.

In making mine though I just preheat the oven, slice the spuds+put them straight onto the baking tray+spray with fry light... No boiling before hand+they turn out so good, lovely+crispy. When I first started making them I did boil but I actually find they cook nicer+easier when I skip that part out... Plus a time saver too :) xxx

OOO I could kiss you!! I've tried doing SW chips twice and both took SO long to cook so surely the microwave trick would make it much quicker? Thank you!! xx

ps, whats a airfryer?!

You only have to boil them for like 4 mins though? Just skip the drying! :)

Back