Extra Easy SW Curry Book

CHRISR

Gold Member
I have most of the SW recipe books except for The Curry Book. I don't know whether to buy it on Thursday.

Does anyone know how much it is.

Do u think it is worth getting?

What are your favourite recipes in the book?

I bought this a few weeks ago, it's £9.99. I've done quite a few, the veg biryani is good to take to work for lunch.I like the turkey shami kebabs,Jalfrezi chicken is good too, but I increase the timings as I feel the spices need alot longer to "cook out" and lose the raw flavour. Jingha Balti (prawns),beef madras ,Elaichi gosht (lamb) and the stuffed aubergines are good too and thepork vindaloo. They don't taste like you get from a takeaway, and sometimes if I'm strapped for time I'll use pataks curry paste, but it's rather high in syns!
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Patak's Madras Curry Paste 1 level tbsp[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original 4 Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 4 Syns
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

The lowest synned Patak's curry paste is the tikka one It's only 1 syn per tbp. I don't like using curry powder as it tastes nasty if not cooked for long enough and I'm not sure on timings so go for the paste.

Hope that helps x

I prefer to use the paste too had vegetable curry tonight used 1 tbls between the two of us so only 1.5 syns for me.

I think i will have a look at the book before i decide to buy
Thanks

Back