SW not working?!?

jillrob

Hi everyone,
I've been doing SW now for about 4 months, most days I do it right, but of course I go off track now and then. When I do, I make sure I get back on it the next day, however, it started off really well and I lost about half a stone, and now I seem to be putting weight on and getting bigger!!!

I'm eating the same things, mostly green days, and have around 12 syns a day, and lots of fresh fruit and veg, so I'm not sure whats going on. I'm also exercising twice a week so should be losing. Any ideas???

:cry:

Do a food diary - be totally honest about everything that passes your lips, including drinks - and speak to your C about it in class. She/he will be able to advise where you could maybe change things around to your advantage.

^^ exactly what I would suggest - also note the quantities you are eating

When you say you are putting weight on and getting bigger what exactly do you mean? can you list your week by week losses/gains?

How long have you been exercising by the way?

Also variety in all things is really important so if you really are eating the same things all the time I would shake things up

Thanks for your replies. I don't go to a class, I got the information from a family member, so I can't chat with a consultant. I haven't been weighing myself for a while but I can tell from my clothes that they're getting tighter, not looser!!!

I do have a mixture and try extra easy days sometimes, but I have never tried a red day - that sounds far too confusing to get my head round.

In terms of the quantities, I don't measure, but I do eat a lot of the free foods, for example, potatoes, pasta, pulses and cous cous.

I have been exercising for years - usually power yoga and aerobics a few times a week.

In that case, it can still be done :) I follow SW from home, with some books I've had a while, and minimins. I find everyone so supportive on here and they are here every day not just once a week.

I'm not saying one shouldn't go to class, I can't afford to at the moment and I'm happy following SW from home.

Have you read this thread?

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...d-advice-new-comers-including-extra-easy.html

Its very very helpful and worth a read.

I also think its worth starting a diary, on here if you like in the diary section, then others can help you if you get stuck or go wrong. I am a private person but having my SW diary on here makes me feel i am accounting to someone or some people :D I couldn't manage without them, they are fab :D

Red days aren't as hard as they sound. It took me a few days to get my head around it but I like the extra HEXB and HEXA and I find my ibs is better on red days.

So basically we can't be sure you are following the plan properly or know how it is affecting your weight.

My advice would be that before jumping to conclusions that SW is not working you should start keeping a food diary on here as it will give a record of everything that crosses your lips and highlight anywhere you might be going wrong.

Also if you want to be sure the plan is or is not working then start weighing in every week. Not weighing works for some people but it sounds like it is not helpful for you at the moment. Seeing some movement on the scales would be good motivation as well as confirmation that is is working.

it also struck me that we didn't ask how much you wanted to lose and whether that was a reasonable target for someone of your height.

Do a food diary - be totally honest about everything that passes your lips, including drinks - and speak to your C about it in class. She/he will be able to advise where you could maybe change things around to your advantage.

A food diary is most deff the way forward, and speak to the consultant at class, good luck !!!!

Back