SW -online membership

Does anyone use the online membership with slimming world?
I can't get to group due to working shifts and not driving! I just wanna know whether it is actually worth the money for the benefits you get!
I'm extremely tempted by it but it's alot of money. Need to convince my h2b it's worth it!

Thanks in advance! xx

I do. I live abroad so really helped me get my head round it although it could really be a lot better.

I find now I have this forum, friends in uk who have done and are doing it. I really don't need it as much but it does help for calculating syns and the food diary. It also has lots of good recipes but I have found loads more recipes on blogs etc

Summary it helped me. But I think a month subscription would have done the trick. Wish I could get into slimming world hq and get their site and mobile apps upto scratch. 21st century slimmer!

Thanks!!

I have the food optimising book but it's probably out of date now as i got it in 2009!! So would definitely be handy for syns etc. I think it will definitely benefit me for the first 3 months! I would of paid out so i should definitely use it or i'd be fool! Can you do monthly subscription after or do you need to do it 3 monthly?! x

I do online as well - classes don't agree with me, and find it very helpful. After your initial subscription fee/period it will automatically renew at a monthly rate.

Also if you order books they arrive v. quickly (within 3 - 4 days)

Long story short I like it.

£20 if memory serves rightly (my first monthly payment goes out tomorrow so should be able to confirm then)

When you renew you are often offered a deal. I've renewed 3 times now and have only ever paid £15 per month. Good luck x

I have literally just signed up and have written to them to ask them to cancel my membership.

Until I actually committed I did not get to see the food diary and how stuff is entered. I found it really awful, for eg today I had 50g of tesco finest coleslaw on my salad at lunch, this I wanted to syn but when you search it comes up with 100g and does not allow you to edit the qty.

I also wanted to put my own recipes on and syn it up.

Really disapointed with it or am I a missing something.

When you go to the syns section there is a bit where you can manually add syns. This is what I do when necessary. If you are only having half a portion then you just put half the syn value in there (so if 100g is 5 syns you put 2.5 syns in that section)

I do tend to round up a little (to make a half syn or whole syn) where necessary.

Hope that made some kind of sense :D

Last edited:
Thanks Lizie, I am sure that the lifeline online (where you get a password each week) was much better than this, bit of a cheek really as it seems to work out more expensive than actually going to class.

Well I am really upset because I was expecting something similar to the group online support and its nothing like it. I will be really upset if they don't allow me to cancel the membership.

It is definately beneficial if you are new to slimming world and don't know how the plan works, but once you have done the initial 3 months subscription the only real incentive to keep you paying is the syns calculator which isnt the most user friendly.

It is such a shame really, as they could do so much more with the site. Relevant information is seriously lacking too for overseas members and it is definately overpriced, as you are paying exactly the same as someone who can go to group, if not more.

Weight watchers in comparision is cheaper and their site is brilliant. They also provide a huge amount of information relevant for overseas members.

I have sent many an email to slimming world putting forward suggestions, so I think anyone who has problems with the site or ideas should do so also. Hopefully they will eventually listen and give it the total revamp it needs.

The Slimming World plan is brilliant, they just need to get up to date on the technology side of things if they want to be a success worldwide, as most of their overseas memberships will go through their website.

I signed up recently, having previously attended a group. I used to find the group really helpful, but then moved & the local group is huge & just took way too long each week so I decided to try on line.

Basically, I think it may be useful to someone new to SW, but otherwise it seems grossly overpriced, with no online forum, hence me joining this one which is great. I'll probably use the syn checker fairly regularly whilst I get back on track, but as I tend to be a bit of a creature of habit I don't have many new things & most that I do I could find on here; about 40% of the things I've tried to check the syns of were not on SW site anyway.

Really not worth the money, which is a great shame.

Thanks ladies! i'm still torn! I wouldn't class myself as new new. Last time I did SW was 2009 so it's literally only the syns calculator i'd really need. Maybe I will bite the bullet and go to group, I just have other commitments on a weds (which is when the only group is around here!!) GAH! What to do what to do!!!??

Back