Sw or ww

Mandy123

O god i cant make my mind up! Evrytime i do sw i want to do ww and when im on ww i want to do sw! Whats wrong with me! And of cours cuz the kids are at home weve been making cakes and im eating them as we r making them! Ive got no self control what so ever, i can hav a few good weeks then completely cum off the rails big time!:cry:

If you want to eat cakes do ww, if,not do sw :p.
I start off great but one bad day leads to one bad week and on x

i have done both and I find ww far easier to combine with everyday life. Eating out etc is far easier although i do have to have some control so that I don't eat all my points on rubbish.

have you tried doing simply filling? it is very similar to sw and then if you need the points for anything use the weeklies?

Mandy123 said:
O god i cant make my mind up! Evrytime i do sw i want to do ww and when im on ww i want to do sw! Whats wrong with me! And of cours cuz the kids are at home weve been making cakes and im eating them as we r making them! Ive got no self control what so ever, i can hav a few good weeks then completely cum off the rails big time!:cry:

I could have written this myself!! I'll be on SW for a couple of days and get sick of no flexibility ie difficult to eat out, can't use exercise pts, get bored and sick of cooking everything from scratch. Then I'll do Ww and get hungry and eat more crap than on SW!! I go round in circles!! But I've decided WW is the better plan for me. If I'm hungry I need to fill up on more fruit and veg, and limit treats till the weekends so I'm not eating crap all the time...

Also take some of the things from SW that I like, like try to have a third of my plate as fruit and veg, and some of the recipes are virtually fat free and filling ie spinach, cottage cheese lasagne

I am thinking the same,have got a vouchert for free registration and a free week,so might go along tonight,a question, do you get all the books on the first visit or do they keep some for next week? need to see the plan before I make my mind up.:confused:

II'll be on SW for a couple of days and get sick of no flexibility ie difficult to eat out, can't use exercise pts, get bored and sick of cooking everything from scratch. .

Forgive me for butting in but I feel I have to correct some misconceptions.

It is absolutely possible to eat out on SW, that's what your syns are there for after all. it just about making sensible choices which surely WW also encourage you to do

No you don't get extra syns for exercising on SW. You need extra calories when exercising that's why you get them on WW but on SW you have hundreds of free foods to choose from so you don't need them. And actually rewarding you for exercising by giving you more syns so you can eat more 'naughty' food is pretty counter intuitive.

And you don't have to cook everything from scratch - there are loads of low syn or syn free ready meals should you want to use them

But to the OP, both plans will work well if you follow them and are prepared to make some lifestyle changes. Think how much weight you could have lost by now if you had just stuck with one plan instead of hopping back and forward between the two. From what I've heard the simply filling plan might be a good choice. But sit down and think about what it is that makes you fall off the wagon. Come up with a strategy for how you are going to stop that happening again. Because until you do that you are not going to succeed whichever plan you do.

Good luck!

I have moved from SW to WW and both plans are excellent.
I think the bigger question is why do you come 'off the rails' after a few weeks. If its boredom then it doesnt matter which one you choose, but you will need to keep the 'fire and entusiasm' in your belly going to keep on plan.

Good luck x

Forgive me for butting in but I feel I have to correct some misconceptions.

It is absolutely possible to eat out on SW, that's what your syns are there for after all. it just about making sensible choices which surely WW also encourage you to do.

No you don't get extra syns for exercising on SW. You need extra calories when exercising that's why you get them on WW but on SW you have hundreds of free foods to choose from so you don't need them. And actually rewarding you for exercising by giving you more syns so you can eat more 'naughty' food is pretty counter intuitive.

And you don't have to cook everything from scratch - there are loads of low syn or syn free ready meals should you want to use them

But to the OP, both plans will work well if you follow them and are prepared to make some lifestyle changes. Think how much weight you could have lost by now if you had just stuck with one plan instead of hopping back and forward between the two. From what I've heard the simply filling plan might be a good choice. But sit down and think about what it is that makes you fall off the wagon. Come up with a strategy for how you are going to stop that happening again. Because until you do that you are not going to succeed whichever plan you do.

Good luck!

Good luck!

Its not a misconception that you get only a maximum of 15 syns per day on SW and if I was to for example go out to say Pizza Express and have a pizza (lets just say a margarita for example) that would be 18 syns, I would automatically be over my daily limit, no room for a glass of wine (175ml), as that would be another 6 syns, so now that is two days worth of syns, and they dont recommend saving syns but using them daily.

You pretty much need to do body magic (exercise) as your losses are smaller from the amounts of food you are eating, you can also fill up on 0pt foods on WW, rather that eating rubbish. If you can have the occasional treat from working out, I wouldnt call that counter intuitive, but rather it makes you realise what you need to do in order to earn those treats, and makes you understand why you gained weight in the first place was from eating to much food and not moving enough, and that in order to have these treats you need some control in your life. Also you are less likely to fall of the wagon if you know you are allowed to go out with your family on the weekend to pizza express and still stay on plan. Theres no way to pull back on SW, so if you have had a little too much the day before you cant get those syns back through exercise or your weekly points, and for alot of people, once youve blown it, you think why bother and eat even more!

Yes there are loads of syn free ready meals you can buy but most are all processed!! All the bachelors rices, Ainsley harriot couscous, mug shots,,, have you read the ingredients on these?

No misconceptions here, just less choice for me on SW. I know the plan inside and out, but it gets boring and restrictive.

I still agree both plans work if you just stick to them, but its what fits in better with your lifestyle, as if it doesn't you wont stick to it..

Mandy123 said:

I'm same! I'm currently doing slimming world and constantly think ww will be easier x
SW is ok for planners ( which I'm not) and ww is for quick on the go people. X which I am???

Yoyo dieter said:
I've had slow losses with SW and I can't help but look with envy on friends who are having regular weekly 2lb losses on ww. I personally find SW more relaxed and easier to follow but wondering if the results will only come with a more restrictive approach like ww

I'm the same! My sis in law is doing so well and Ive not seen her suffer or moan once x I love SW but on a day I want a McDonald's it's just not doable.
I love SW but I am beginning to question it x WW literally calls you of the shelf when shopping x

I'm the same too I love sw and have lost over a stone on it but I'm stuck and I think its time for some portion control. I've also done ww previously after the birth of my oldest and lost 38lbs so I know both work. You just need to do what's right for you at the time :)

Just had to reply, I am exactly the same hopping from one to the other! I also have slower losses on SW, so yesterday decided to point up what I'd eaten in a SW day and was well over my points surprisingly! So I have now decided that WW is the way forward for me, but I'm also going to use the SW principles and recipes as they are based on healthy eating - the main disadvantage with SW is it doesn't teach me about portion size and having always been a comfort eater, I know that's where I'm going wrong, WW can help me with that x

Andreasquires said:
Just had to reply, I am exactly the same hopping from one to the other! I also have slower losses on SW, so yesterday decided to point up what I'd eaten in a SW day and was well over my points surprisingly! So I have now decided that WW is the way forward for me, but I'm also going to use the SW principles and recipes as they are based on healthy eating - the main disadvantage with SW is it doesn't teach me about portion size and having always been a comfort eater, I know that's where I'm going wrong, WW can help me with that x

Could of written this myself! Got a free registrstion and free week voucher off ww site and went a long and joined! Will read it all and give it ago,I have 6 weeks if a sw countdown left so will ww and wi with sw seen as I have pd my money.I think 6 wks is giving myself time to adjust!:-/ I have lost wt doing both plans so now they work:-D good luck on whst you all decide and we have minis for all the support we may need.c

lozzie84 said:
After a week of no syns and perfect food and 3 previous good weeks a poxy STS x I'm over with SW x WW here I come x

Good luck hun I've just changed over tonight. Just needed a new start and a new plan :)

Back