Green Day sw soups help me plzzz

lynnb68

hi can any one help me i would love to do some sw soups but i dont know of any good recipes and would be greatful for your help.

Hi!

There are so many options, soups are just yummy and easy to make completely free! A couple of my favourites are:

Vegetable Soup

Chop up some leeks, carrots and potatoes, sweat them down in some fry light, add some stock, either chicken or veg diluted in water, salt and pepper and cook until the veg is soft, add a handful of baby spinach or rocket, stir in (they'll wilt instantly) then puree with a hand stick.

Spicy Cauliflower and Broccoli

Chop up an onion, a head of cauliflower and a head of broccoli, sweat down in some fry light, add chili powder, tumeric, salt and plenty of black pepper, add stock diluted in water and simmer until cooked, then puree.

Let me know if you have any specific veg in mind, I've probably got a recipe that goes with it! :)

Kay x

Beetroot soup
Done in slow cooker!
Serves 4
syn free

1lb raw, peeled and diced beetroot
3.5oz potato, diced
1 onion, diced
1 3/4 pint veg stock
seasoning
7fl oz from frais

Put everything apart from from frais in slow cooker, cover and cook on High for 4 hours
Liquidize
Cool for 5 mins, add from frais and blitz again.
Season to taste and serve

This can be done in pan on top of oven, just simmer til all veg are soft

Sorry, forgot to say fat free from frais!

The first time I made soup I made spicy carrot and ginger soup froze the leftovers which I've just had for my lunch today and can honestly say it is the best soup I have ever eaten. I've also just made spicy tomato soup to use up half a tin of tomatoes I had left over and that tastes pretty good too and they are both syn free on both days! There are a couple of threads on here full of recipe ideas and tips, just do a search but here are two of them;

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/114649-soups.html

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/160675-free-soups.html

Let me know if you want me to type out the recipes for my two soups, I can't remember if I got them from on here or by googling it.

ETA: here's the one for the Carrot soup, I just modified it so it made a bit less and used a vegetable oxo cube for the stock. Oh, I also added one small potato chopped in half to thicken it up a little as I like Carrot soup to be quite thick and chunky :)

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/84400-carrot-ginger-soup.html

I just look up normal soup recipes from cook books/internet and adapt them to make them SW proof. Mostly if the ingredients suit the day your on, its normally a case of not using oil to soften onions with for example, and using FF fromage frais instead of cream etc

Butternut squash soup

This is my fav as it is really filling and tastes creamy.

Roast a chopped up butternut squash with frylight for about 30-40 mins in the oven at 200c till cooked. You can also use flavourings of your choice. I use chilli flakes, garlic granules and thyme. Then simply put in a blender with about 1 pint of chicken or veg stock and blend! I normally add the stock bit by bit until i get the right thickness. Delish!:p

Super Speed Soup

1 can mixed bean salad
1 can green lentils
2 cans chopped tomatoes
1 can baked beans
Handful of split lentils
2 large leeks
1 large onion
4 large carrots
2 parsnips
Green, red or yellow pepper
2 beef stock cubes
Salt & pepper
Mixed herbs
Water (enough to cover all ingredients)

Chop all veg and put everything in pan, cover with water bring to boil and simmer until veg are soft.

Can be left chunky or blended.

Can be frozen

Enjoy

Hi Lynn,

I've just posted this on a separate thread - free soup & really tasty & nutritious :)

I'm sure there's lots of versions of tomato soup, but I made this yesterday & I think it's yummy :) Try the Chunky Corn Chowder on the SW website too, that's delicious.

Ingredients
750g of tomatoes
2 red peppers
1 yellow pepper
1 medium red chilli, chopped (optional)
1 stick celery, finely chopped
1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
1 onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
Handful basil leaves
1/2pt chicken stock

Method
1. halve the peppers and grill under a high grill until the skins begin to blacken. Set aside to cool.

2. Place tomatoes in a bowl and cover in boiling water for 30 seconds. Carefully remove from water and remove the skins. Chop the tomatoes and discard the skins.

3. Peel the skin from the peppers when cooled. Remove all skin and seeds and chop roughly.

4. Spray a large heavy-bottomed saucepan with fry light and place on a medium heat hob. Fry the onion, celery, carrot, chilli and garlic until softened. (3-5 mins)

5. Add tomatoes and peppers and cook for a further 5 minutes over a gentle heat.

6. Add the chicken stock and roughly tear the basil before adding to the pan. Cook for a further 10 minutes.

7. Remove the pan from the heat. Blend ingredients using a handheld blender until smooth.

8. Serve with a spoonful of fat-free fromage frais.

Carrot and coriander soup is yummy and a speed food.

Roughly chop 1kilo carrots, 1 large onion, garlic. Add stock cubes to taste. Simmer for about an hour in 1.5 litres of water. Take off the heat and add a handful of fresh coriander then blitz with a blender. Makes loads and it's really yummy! Also suitable for freezing.

Back