SW Strawberry Dessert Flan

lt52

Silver Member
Ok so i made a 'SW version' of a Jaffa Cake (on another thread if you want to check that out).

Felling a little daring with my 'cooking' skills (this require zero cooking! Get in!) i have adapted it in a kind of strawberry way lol. So its just a normal flan base (bought from morrisons - i can't be cooking that kinda business!), there is strawberry jelly on top with strawberries in it.
Taking the chocolate out (from the Jaffa Cake one) this one has lower syn values. Overall it is 3.5 syns for a quarter of it! Not bad in my books!

I'm thinking of having some later and using my 'choc shot' from H&B for an extra 0.5 syns, could even get some whippy cream or syn free yoghurt on the go too.

Enjoy!

Lee

DSC_0002.jpg

Lee, that looks lovely.

Im glad you have moved on from trying to make cardboard muffins more appealing....;)

Oh, and what size flan base do you use?

Oh, and what size flan base do you use?

Its a medium one, so not massive but still quite a decent size - i reckon a bigger one is a syn more so quite alright i reckon

Had my piece not long ago - 4 syns in total for mine as i had some 'choc shot' on it to make it a tiny more exciting..

Can't complain :D

Lee

DSC_0001.JPG

How many syns is the flan base? I have this strange fantasy about producing a syn-free pavlova using only egg-whites, granulated artificial sweetener, a silicon baking sheet and a very forgiving oven. You'd fill it with fresh fruit, Fage 0% and drizzle some sort of sugar-free coffee-flavouring syrup over it and people would kneel before you to beg for a completely-syn-free portion.

Sadly, it remains a fantasy. Perhaps you're the man to give it a go?

How many syns is the flan base? I have this strange fantasy about producing a syn-free pavlova using only egg-whites, granulated artificial sweetener, a silicon baking sheet and a very forgiving oven. You'd fill it with fresh fruit, Fage 0% and drizzle some sort of sugar-free coffee-flavouring syrup over it and people would kneel before you to beg for a completely-syn-free portion.

Sadly, it remains a fantasy. Perhaps you're the man to give it a go?

The flan base was a medium one from Morrisons and its 3.5 syns for 1/4 of it. I couldn't do that - my baking/cooking skills are few and far between... i've tried syn free meringues - they were rubbish!

I need to try this, looks right up my street. Where can I locate the recipe?

You can get it right here.....

Buy a pre-maid flan base and mix one sachet of sugar free jelly (any flavour of your choice). IMPORTANT: You must let the jelly set a little bit so its a little gloopy and not watery otherwise it soaks into the flan base and is a soggy mess! Once it is a big slushly and gloopy pour it on over the top - you don't need an entire sachet (so some spare!) and then wack on any toppings you like - i've done a jaffa cake style one (on another thread) with orange jelly and chocolate bits, this one was strawberry flan and strawberries. Next, i'm thinking of a berry one with raspberry or blackcurrant jelly and an assortment of berries. You could syn it all out and have melted chocolate, white chocolate with a b option of bran flakes and some form of sugar free low syn jam for an almost bakewell tart thing. The possibilties are endless!

I reckon a nice selection of photos of people's concoctions should be encouraged on this thread!

(P.S - i understand that words like gloopy, slushy, wack and mess are not typically words associated with cooking and recipes - however they are with mine lol!)

You can get it right here.....

Buy a pre-maid flan base and mix one sachet of sugar free jelly (any flavour of your choice). IMPORTANT: You must let the jelly set a little bit so its a little gloopy and not watery otherwise it soaks into the flan base and is a soggy mess! Once it is a big slushly and gloopy pour it on over the top - you don't need an entire sachet (so some spare!) and then wack on any toppings you like - i've done a jaffa cake style one (on another thread) with orange jelly and chocolate bits, this one was strawberry flan and strawberries. Next, i'm thinking of a berry one with raspberry or blackcurrant jelly and an assortment of berries. You could syn it all out and have melted chocolate, white chocolate with a b option of bran flakes and some form of sugar free low syn jam for an almost bakewell tart thing. The possibilties are endless!

I reckon a nice selection of photos of people's concoctions should be encouraged on this thread!

(P.S - i understand that words like gloopy, slushy, wack and mess are not typically words associated with cooking and recipes - however they are with mine lol!)
thanks very much, will try it out and let you know the results :D

Looks good, i have found out to follow you now,by clicking on your name x

Yeah it was nice - ok cool, you can follow me - shows how much i know lol

1skx8i.jpg

Finally got round to it, this was 5 syns per 8th! Had to make do with a huge flan base from the co-op. Left out the strawberry's because the kids were having it as well and they dont like them. Grated 3 cubes of Dairy Milk over the whole thing.

I enjoyed it, was lovely! Thanks for the recipe! I had to pop out after making the jelly, when i got back it was completely set, but just stirred it all up in a jug and spread it over. Worked fine thankfully!

Finally got round to it, this was 5 syns per 8th! Had to make do with a huge flan base from the co-op. Left out the strawberry's because the kids were having it as well and they dont like them. Grated 3 cubes of Dairy Milk over the whole thing.

I enjoyed it, was lovely! Thanks for the recipe! I had to pop out after making the jelly, when i got back it was completely set, but just stirred it all up in a jug and spread it over. Worked fine thankfully!

Wow that looks delish!!!! I love the grated choc idea - easy way of getting choc on easily, i tend to over indulge lol. 5 Syns not bad at all.

Yeah you have to watch your jelly ... blink and its set lol

I love your terminology Lee! 'gloopy, slushy, wack and mess' make me know what I'm looking for ;) lol

I love this idea! I'll give this a go this weekend I think! :D

I love your terminology Lee! 'gloopy, slushy, wack and mess' make me know what I'm looking for ;) lol

I love this idea! I'll give this a go this weekend I think! :D

Yes i love it too..... i aint not a fancy chef so those terms really help me out :p lol

Back