SW style mince and dumplings?

fennerxo

anybody have any good ideas of how it can be done?
just the dumplings really as I know about mince and gravy xxx

I use packet dumplings and syn them. Can't beat a propper dumping I'm afraid!!

Last time the packet was 30 syns and made 7 portions so not many really.

A decent dumpling has to be synned. There's no way round decent dumplings. Its like trying to invent fat-free scraps :D

If you search for cous cous dumplings, they are really nice

I don;tlike couscous, sorry. I've tried variations, but for me a dumpling is a dumpling and worth saving up for a real one occasionally :D

I don;tlike couscous, sorry. I've tried variations, but for me a dumpling is a dumpling and worth saving up for a real one occasionally :D

Yup - I like cous cous, but there are things you would never get me making out of it. These include Cous cous cake and definitiely dumplings. All sorts of wrong.

Tescos own make dumpling mix is 20 syns for the whole pack so between 4 of you its really good syn wize for propper dumplings :D

Ohhhhhh I am drooling for stew & dumplings now...
gc-drool1.gif
:(

I have never heard of dumpling mixes - I have always made mine from scratch. What is in a dumpling mix?

I always used to use suit and flour but I have started using the packets for ease and they taste just the same. The ones I currently have are Goldenfry original mix and its ingredients are:

Wheat Flour, Beef Fat, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Raising Agents (Disodium Dihydrogen Diphosphate, Sodium Hydrogen Carbonate), Whey Powder, Salt.

Just found this list of ingredients for the Aunt Bessie dumpling mix:
Wheatflour, Vegetable Oil, Whey Powder Raising Agents (Potassium Hydrogen Carbonate, Potassium Monophosphate, Disodium Dihydrogen Diphosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Monocalcium Phosphate), Rice Flour, Salt.

Good grief!

The Goldenfry one sounds a bit better.

I've tried a few of them including sainsburys and I like the Goldenfry one best plus its only about 50p for the box so not a bad price too

Back