Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

switching back to ww....i think!

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by spring-sunshine, 9 March 2011 Social URL.

1. spring-sunshine

spring-sunshine Member

Start Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12lb
    Hi was doing ww then fell off the wagon, gained loads and decided to go back to doing sw which I lost alot of weight on a few years back. But am not getting on with it at all, 2 wks in I've only lost a pound and am bloated and tired. Need to make my mind up though as I am just gaining weight and getting really unhappy. Don't know what to do! Would like to do ww as feel it's healthier but I do find it hard to have to count everything I eat! Any advice or help welcome.

Thanks x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Tonic

Tonic Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(16%)
    Diet:
    ProPoints
    I never got on with SW - the "free" food was just a licence to overeat!!! And trust me, I'm an overeater!! lol

I have found that i've got on really well with WW - i thought the whole counting foods etc would be a pain but i'm using the iphone app and its been my saviour - I just type in what I eat and it works it all out for me! I've cut out bread and pasta and am no longer bloated!

WW has really been great for me - I have tried every diet under the sun but this is the only one thats worked for me! 20lbs lost in 8 weeks!!!

Give it another go hun.... treat as your "last chance saloon" and I think you'll surprise yourself!

4. spring-sunshine

spring-sunshine Member

Start Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12lb
    Thanks, I think I might try it again. Your weight losses are amazing by the way!

5. pixar

pixar has to be done this year

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(25.67%)
    Diet:
    did fl4i, then exante now back on WW
    sunshine yr story sounds like mine, just recently i was on the sw and just couldn't get on track with it. I did sw 4 years ago and lost 4 stones so I know it works, but this time round I couldn't stick to it, I find the free foods are too convincing and I end up eating food enough for 2 people and then feel more heavy and bloated which makes me feel sad. I then think if i am to lower my portion sizes, i mite as well do ww, at least that way i can have a sandwich on the grab... i fink ww is alot easier, welcome back:)

6. spring-sunshine

spring-sunshine Member

Start Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12lb
    Thanks pixar, here's hoping it works for both of us this time around!

7. pixar

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(25.67%)
    Diet:
    by looking at yr goal weight, u really don't have a lot to loose, lucky u:) not like me who wants to loose 60 pounds:(

8. kagome75

kagome75 WWer

Start Weight:
    92kg
    Current Weight:
    61kg
    Goal Weight:
    55kg
    Lost(%):
    31kg(33.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Pixar you can do it: I've lost 63 lbs in 10 months to get to goal, and have followed WW to the letter. I know you can do it. Just take it one week at time and one silver 7 at time :)

xx

And to you, sunny-sunshine, welcome back to WW! Go on, you'll be back to goal in a second :)

9. pixar

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(25.67%)
    Diet:
    thanks for the support kagome75, do u think i could loss my 4 stones by December? I was planning to go away in Oct but doubt i will loss 4 stones by then, mite be pushing it...My target date is mid Nov to loose 4 stones but i'le be ok with December as Im planning to go away, i cant believe it the day when i get on the scales and see 9 stones, im gonna cy i swear:)

10. spring-sunshine

spring-sunshine Member

Start Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12lb
    You can do it Pixar you'll prob get to goal before me I tend to take the scenic route lol - about a 2 yr route so far :(

11. pixar

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(25.67%)
    Diet:
    sunshine your not far from your goal, how can I get there before u:)) I'm sure u can loose them extra few pounds in no time, I'm calling them few because they are few compared to mine:p

12. kagome75

kagome75 WWer

Start Weight:
    92kg
    Current Weight:
    61kg
    Goal Weight:
    55kg
    Lost(%):
    31kg(33.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Don't put yourself high targets. When I joined on the 26th of July 2009 I wanted to get back to goal for my graduation in September of the following year, 12th of September 2010. in the end, I reached a lowered goal on the 20th of June 2010 and I maintained and lost some more also before my graduation. But probably if I had planned to lose weight by the 20th of June, I wouldn't have done it. It was the relaxing attitude and the experience I had already with WW that helped me. And the focus on what I was doing obviously. My target wasn't unreachable, I knew I could do it and I knew I had plenty of time to reach it, so I went straight to the target and achieved it. Give yourself a too tight deadline and if you miss it, you'll feel that you've blown it and you'll dump the diet!

Why don't you give yourself a target for June next year to be at goal? Then if it comes earlier it's a bonus, and it could well happen before Christmas!

13. pixar

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(25.67%)
    Diet:
    June seems so far away:cry: but i know what u mean kagome75, when u set a target u don't always reach it and that ruins everything, Ok ok im done with all this calculating months and stress, I'm just taking it as it comes, enough stress....I just hope when I get there to 9 st u guys are here still so I can laugh back at my inpatient behavior xxx thanks guys x

14. lisa2

lisa2 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(21.05%)
    Diet:
    Sw
    I have just made the move from sw to ww and i'm finding it so much better! Not saying that sw isn't good cause i do like the diet but felt i did go over the normal portion sizes.

I'm on day 3 at the moment and the best thing i've done is track and check the values for everything..... i found i was picking up things that are low syn but not low pro points

Good luck

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.