Switching from classes to online?

cerries

Hi everyone!

I'm new here, so pleased to meet you :)

I have gone between SW and WW for the last 6 years, and never really get very far. I've really tried to look into why this is - I don't particularly like WW as a plan, but I love their online community, and I do like SW as a plan but I really really don't like going to group...

My mum has just lost 6.5 stone over the last year at our local SW group, so I know it works. I just find it so tedious sitting in group listening to what everyone had for tea this week...especially with a one year old at home and a business I run from home.

When I actually look at the plan though, I think I can make it work for me. Does anyone else do SW online? Or from home?

C xxx

Hi everyone!

I'm new here, so pleased to meet you :)

I have gone between SW and WW for the last 6 years, and never really get very far. I've really tried to look into why this is - I don't particularly like WW as a plan, but I love their online community, and I do like SW as a plan but I really really don't like going to group...

My mum has just lost 6.5 stone over the last year at our local SW group, so I know it works. I just find it so tedious sitting in group listening to what everyone had for tea this week...especially with a one year old at home and a business I run from home.

When I actually look at the plan though, I think I can make it work for me. Does anyone else do SW online? Or from home?

C xxx

Hi Cerries, I am exactly the same as you . I went once to the group and personally, it was not for me. I found it very americanised and it made me think that it was like what an alcoholics anonymous meeting would be like. I would be mortified if someone told everyone what I had lost and found it very boring and tedious listening to everyones losses.

However, what i did take out of that meeting was the books and no need to be forking out money online or going to group as we have this forum for free and all the support we could want on here. The plan is excellent and I am losing weight. Just use your books to keep you on track and this fantastic forum.

No offence to anyone who loves the group or who it works for. Its just a personal choice.xx

I don't stay at the groups, the reason I go though is because I know the scales are going to be correct and will show what ive lost or gained etc as I don't trust my scales at home. Therefore I know week in week out what the scales are saying are correct. I find the rest of the time I look online and get information that way, I literally turn up to the class, get weighed and leave and the rest of it's down to me. That's just me though, it all depends what works for you x

Back