Syn Allowance for breaded chicken

m13shl

Hi minimins can anyone help me work out syn allowance for oven baked breaded chicken?
the packet states 297 calories per breast but some of that will be for the chicken, does that make sense?
how do we work out the syn value of the breadcrumbs? as the chicken would be free?
thanks

Hi Shell,

I'm not entirely sure how you work out what the individual syns would be for the chicken/breadcrumbs but the safest bet is to count it all as syns. 297 calories would be almost 15 syns.

The reason why I would count it all is because you don't have any insight in to how the chicken itself was prepared - it could have been pre-cooked in oil for example. And with the breadcrumbs, it's hard to know how they are cooked too.

Play it safe and count it as syns if you really want it, that way you are still in control and you know what you are eating.

Sorry I couldn't be more help :/

Hi thank you for taking the time to reply, yes my thoughts too, I didn't have it and won't be having it in future but it just made me think about how would you go about working it out, Thanks x

Hi, there is a calculator in the weight loss planner bit on the website that allows you to put the chicken down as a free food, then put all the nutritional information in. It asks for Fat, Protein, Carbs, KJ or Kcal, and serving size, per 100g or per serving
Another thing I do is search in the Syns online to see if there is something there. Although not always 100% accurate, sometimes it makes sense to use something similar, eg. the syns for breaded Tesco chicken is likely to be similar to the Birdeyes equivalent.

Back