Syn allowance help

I tend to use mine on ryvitas, cereal bars or honey x

I probably use most on milk, usually I've used something else as my hexA. I like some milk in my coffee! And i like coffee :p

I am somewhat ashamed to admit I use mine almost entirely on wine.

Don't want to offend anyone with this, but I really don't understand how some people don't know what to use their syns on, or say they have trouble using them all? You can have a full sized chocolate bar per day and still lose weight! Or a packet of crisps, or a few biscuits? I find doing that is what keeps me sticking with it. If there was just an outright ban on 'naughty' foods, it wouldn't be sustainable.
Seriously, you could eat chocolate every single day and lose weight every week.
I realise some people find it hard to stop at just one treat and therefor avoid it altogether, but I don't get why some people are scared of using all their syns.
I have 15 a day, sometimes more :) and it's working! X

Don't want to offend anyone with this, but I really don't understand how some people don't know what to use their syns on, or say they have trouble using them all? You can have a full sized chocolate bar per day and still lose weight! Or a packet of crisps, or a few biscuits? I find doing that is what keeps me sticking with it. If there was just an outright ban on 'naughty' foods, it wouldn't be sustainable.
Seriously, you could eat chocolate every single day and lose weight every week.
I realise some people find it hard to stop at just one treat and therefor avoid it altogether, but I don't get why some people are scared of using all their syns.
I have 15 a day, sometimes more :) and it's working! X

Hi Prettykins
I don't think you would offend, I think your post is great, I think as a newbie, it goes against the grain being able to eat everything lol, one of my problems was that I just came off a 650 calorie a day shake diet, so been ingrained not to eat anything else, not fancied anything and am not hungry once I have had my main meals, maybe for me, instead of having an alpen light bar, I could try a bar of chocolate, if I don't buy multipacks then I can't eat it all, I guess it depends on what I have for dinner, sometimes I use syns on sauces like ketchup mayo etc, but now I am more confident I am using more at times, like yorkie puds and gravy :D but now I have slipped up due to a really bad argument with my partner on saturday which lasted hours! and ate a kebab because I was hungry and tired and just really down, but I am pleased to report that I was back on it the next day, and have been good :)
I will take your advice on board because it makes sense :D
xx

Hi Prettykins I don't think you would offend, I think your post is great, I think as a newbie, it goes against the grain being able to eat everything lol, one of my problems was that I just came off a 650 calorie a day shake diet, so been ingrained not to eat anything else, not fancied anything and am not hungry once I have had my main meals, maybe for me, instead of having an alpen light bar, I could try a bar of chocolate, if I don't buy multipacks then I can't eat it all, I guess it depends on what I have for dinner, sometimes I use syns on sauces like ketchup mayo etc, but now I am more confident I am using more at times, like yorkie puds and gravy :D but now I have slipped up due to a really bad argument with my partner on saturday which lasted hours! and ate a kebab because I was hungry and tired and just really down, but I am pleased to report that I was back on it the next day, and have been good :) I will take your advice on board because it makes sense :D xx

Hi grollyzbird,

Glad you're being more adventurous with your syns :) I think some people think they will lose more if they don't have any, or have very little per day, and that's really not the case.
It's good that you're straight back on plan too. I think a big part of doing this is not getting too down on yourself when you go off plan ( I have given up loads of times!). As long as you get back on it, you will get there.
I've had 2 days off plan for my birthday, and know I've put on a couple of pounds but hopefully they will be gone for next week.
I have 3 cakes in the house now though lol x

Ahh cake! One of my downfalls haha :D
Its great knowing that even if you come off plan for parties or a night out etc if you just get straight back on plan you will lose the weight really quick! :D

I gained 4lb after the kebab which shocked the hell out of me! I have lost 3lb of that weight but have weigh in this morning and am hoping I have lost the other 1lb fingers crossed lol no idea if I have because I have been good and stayed off the scales!
Good luck with getting those couple of pounds off, not that you'll need luck on this ;)
Xx

Nothing like a curly Wurly for 6 syns... gorg with a mug of coffee and it lasts for ages.

B

Ahh cake! One of my downfalls haha :D
Its great knowing that even if you come off plan for parties or a night out etc if you just get straight back on plan you will lose the weight really quick! :D

I gained 4lb after the kebab which shocked the hell out of me! I have lost 3lb of that weight but have weigh in this morning and am hoping I have lost the other 1lb fingers crossed lol no idea if I have because I have been good and stayed off the scales!
Good luck with getting those couple of pounds off, not that you'll need luck on this ;)
Xx

Good luck with your WI.. well done on getting rid of 3Lb already !

B

Nothing like a curly Wurly for 6 syns... gorg with a mug of coffee and it lasts for ages.

B

Those thin cadburys choc bars used to be wildlife bars for me...or a finger of fudge.....bliss...the curly wurly sticks to my teeth!!!

Update your stats every little helps!!! Well done ...would now love a kebab

Back