Syn free mayo??

Why not just use extra light mayo? It's that low in syns it hardly seems worth coming up with a recipe for a fake mayo.

I dug this out of a very old (circa 2002) unofficial SW recipe that some girls put together on the old SW forum

Mayonnaise
Mix the following ingredients:
1 egg yolk, 2 tbsp white wine vinegar, artificial sweetener to taste, salt/pepper & 2 tbsp very low fat natural fromage frais.
Blend well and chill - the longer you leave it in the fridge the thicker & nicer it gets.

I found the best VEGAN friendly SYN FREE mayo.. may sound odd to you. You know a tin of chickpeas? drain the liquid into your blender, add a pinch of salt, pepper and mustard powder and a tiny splash of vinegar and blend. The proteins in the chickpea water is agitated by the blender so naturally thickens when agitated.

I found the best VEGAN friendly SYN FREE mayo.. may sound odd to you. You know a tin of chickpeas? drain the liquid into your blender, add a pinch of salt, pepper and mustard powder and a tiny splash of vinegar and blend. The proteins in the chickpea water is agitated by the blender so naturally thickens when agitated.

I recently had to go dairy free, and switch my greek yogurt to mayo, which takes alot of syns up :( I'm very interested in this recipe. It's nice yeah?
Thank you for sharing xx

I recently had to go dairy free, and switch my greek yogurt to mayo, which takes alot of syns up :( I'm very interested in this recipe. It's nice yeah?
Thank you for sharing xx
It is differen't obviously not like proper mayo but it is a good alternative, especially if you add herbs and things to it. I don't do it all the time obviously as mayo goes nicely with some things but when i want to save syns its what i use x

Back