syn free packets, tins, ready meals etc

Hiya

Had a thought tonight (and if this would help others as much as it would me, perhaps it could be made into a sticky?).....

Last year when I used to attend groups, the one thing I can say I picked up which so far I've not on this forum is ideas and tips for what we can buy ready to eat or ready to make with a bit of hot water etc out of a tin or packet.

I'll kick off with what I learnt of

These are all syn free;

Pasta'n sauce tomato low fat packets
Mug shots which are less than 1% fat
Asda tinned chick pea Dahl
Smash (including smash buttery)

Anyone got any others? I will add as I remember them!

Here are some syn free packet/tinned foods which I have:

Batchelors savoury rice, my favourite flavours are chicken and the beef.
Batchelors low fat supernoodles.
New Asda tinned chicken balti is free and really tasty.
Heinz fiery chilli beans.
Heinz BBQ beans.

If I can think of anymore I'll add to the list lol xxx

Some more:
All free on Extra Easy unless stated.

Batchelors pot shots, mild curry & sweet & sour are both free.
Sainsburys vegetable chilli, 400g tin.
sainsburys beef ravioli, 400g tin.
Sainsburys pasta shells in a tomato & onion sauce, packet.
Asda good for you pasta arrabiata, packet.
Asda chill penne pasta, packet.
Asda vegetable chilli, 400g tin.
Asda smart price vegetable curry, 400g tin (1 syn for the whole tin).
Birds eye baked to perfection, wild salmon in a lemon & herb sauce, frozen.
Birds eye baked to perfection, wild salmon in a chilli & ginger sauce, frozen.
Birds eye traditional beef With home style gravy, frozen.

Last edited:
There is a sticky at the top all about low syn ready meals that you might find helpful :)

Thanks I will look out for that :) I do need free ones tho, as I save all my syns for a drink and takeaway every week, that is my weakness sadly and if I don't get it I may just hang myself! I don't miss chocolate and I can cope without syns in the week, but I just want a bit of variation in what I eat during the week as I get bored with the same meals and that's when I get grumpy and give up! I also hate cooking/don't have the time for it so all these free packet and tinned things are great for me! I'm a veggie too, so things like chick pea Dahl are a good quick filler for me, I mix it up with some mushy peas l, curry powder and chopped onion to make a kind of super speed curry then o have that with free supernoodles and some salad bits on the side, nice easy meal for me!

The sticky does include syn free ready meals hun - its supposed to help prevent duplication of threads and make it easier for people to find things. Hope you find something that takes your fancy there or you could just do your own ready meals by batch cooking and freezing portions. There is also a low syn food book you can buy from class that would give you ideas listed by manufacturer :)

ASDA chick pea dahl/tesco chickpea daal
Tesco tinned Irish stew
Pasta'n'sauce chicken & mushrooms/broccoli & cheese (if made up with water)

In the New book it says 'pasta and sauce, all varieties, 4.5 syns.' so i don't think pasta and sauce are free any more. Very sad about this lol xx

So is there no change? As in tomato ones are free and chicken and mushroom are free and then ones with cheese usually synned? It doesn't say "made up as directed " in the book. Although Im hoping u r right :) x

Yes i agree. My sister in law mentioned it and i checked my book and she's right about the New book. Im not sure if her consultant said that or not. I know ours didn't. I can ask next week though for sure.

I've also posted a question in the main forum x

Hi
I'm new to this forum and was just wondering what was meant by there being a sticky at the top?
:)

Hi
I'm new to this forum and was just wondering what was meant by there being a sticky at the top?
:)

I'm new too :) When a thread is stickied, it means it contains important or frequently asked info, so it remains at the top of the forum so it's easily found. Lucy x

Back