Snacks Syn free tortilla chips??

muppsy

I vaguely remember someone posting about syn free tortilla chips (to go with syn free salsa) can't find recipe. Can anyone help?? Ta!

Im afraid I cant advice on the tortilla chips, but for syn free salsa I.......

Skin some tomatoes (optional) & finely dice
Finely dice some red onion & a green chili
Chop up a handful of fresh coriander
Mix all ingredients together & season

Years ago I made tortillas with lasagne sheets, added sheets to boiling water for few mins till soft, then let dry then cut into triangle shapes, baked in hot oven!

The lasagne sheet Doritos are fab I made some the other night to go with my leftover chilli (I was going to turn it into a lasagne but decided to have it this way instead), I also made a garlic dip to go with them from quark and garlic granules, I felt very naughty!

Lighterlisa said:
The lasagne sheet Doritos are fab I made some the other night to go with my leftover chilli (I was going to turn it into a lasagne but decided to have it this way instead), I also made a garlic dip to go with them from quark and garlic granules, I felt very naughty!

Just remember that as yummy they are, you would still need to syn them :)

Lighterlisa said:
I don't syn them as I just used them in a different way (I didn't use them to make the lasagne but kept them separate) x

Slimming world actually regard this as food abuse, as you are not eating it as it is intended. As 'crisps' you'd end up eating more than you would if it was in a pasta dish. It is important that this is pointed out so newbie don't think it's ok. If you chose to tweak then that's fine, but it does need to be made clear that they would not be free :)

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/182283-slimming-world-abuse.html

Last edited:
Thanks for this, I had no idea. I was wondering this last night to go with my chili too!

EDIT: Could you make it low syn by cutting up a tortilla wrap, spraying with frylight, seasoning and baking? Or would that be tweaking it beyond use? Very curious about this.

Last edited:
It wouldnt be tweaking because that only relates to using free foods in that way. Tortilla wraps are quite high in syn anyway so you would probably be better just having the real thing. or I use the WW version that are about 4 to 5 syns a bag iirr :)

Back