Syn Values for Protein... 'PhD Diet Whey' and 'BSN Syntha 6'

KrisKJB

Hey all,

I've been loitering with intent for the past year or so and this is my first post. So, to get the (in)formalities out of the way.... Hi! I've used SW a couple of times before with some success for losing up to a stone here and there... the last time was after Christmas and this time it's prior to Holiday....I'm sure it's the same for loads of you!

Anyway, I have had a little search and not really found the answers I want when it comes to protein shakes. I lift free weights. Not a huge amount, but enough to require a decent amount of protein and other muscle building bits and bobs to aid recovery...

Basically I'm after a syn value for two protein shakes. The BSN 'Syntha-6' has a calorie value of 200 per serving (10 syns on the 20cal rule?!) but it also states that only 50 calories are from the fat content... of course if that was the only thing that mattered it would be awesome.

On the other hand, the 'PhD Diet Whey' (which tastes awesome in Chocolate Orange flavour, for all you lifting types!) is coming in at 199, with no calorie count on the fat but it's only 3g of fat per serving.

Any point in doing the full calculations, or can anyone point me in the direction of it?

Thankyou :)

Hi and welcome to minimins. I'm afraid to say that protein shakes are usually high in syns. They are`just a straight 1 syn per 20 calories as you have said.

I'm afraid I'm hugely sceptical about protein shakes and think lots of people take them when they really don't need to. If you want to boost your protein intake then you could always eat those free foods that are high in it :)

Hey Patch, thanks for the quick reply! I usually eat a tin salmon and an egg or two (or something to that effect) between 45 minutes - 1 hour after my work out, with some carbs to help me recover, and it does work well. I would also agree on the skeptical view on shakes. It took me a long time to even consider taking protein but after a lot of research I settled on these two. I basically use them when I am in a bit of a rush (take them with me to work etc) in order to make sure my body still gets what it needs.

I guess I'll just have to suffer with synful days when I'm on them, and just cut all my other syns on that day (My syn level is set at 10!)

Thanks again :)

Back