carb 7.4
- of which sugars 2.2
fat 3.8
- of which saturates 0.5
fibre 4.0
sodium 0.4
salt equvalent 1.0g

98g per servings

can someone tell me how to use the calculator on the slimming world site and if its not too much trouble how many syns for a red an green day are in these?

Thanks xxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishfairies
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Quorn Peppered Steaks, Surprisingly Tender, twin pack, chilled 98g each[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original Free [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green Free
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Yea I seen them, but these peppered steaks arnt suprinsgly tender, just 2 peppered steaks, and just wandered if they were the same?(just copied this from another thread, hope it helps)

When you're looking for a syn value always check syns online first rather than use the calculator. You'll find most things listed there.

If you have to use the calculator you have to say if the food has a free-food allowance (if the main ingredient is syn-free) as this will affect the syn value. For instance if you were working out the syn value for a ready meal pasta bake, pasta is the main ingredient and therefore syn free on certain days. Your quorn steaks would have an allowance for "vegtarian food" and then you have to specify what it is, in this case "vegetarian alternative, raw". There are some foods that you're not allowed to include a free food allowance for and these are listed on the website, but mostly snack foods.

You then enter the kcals per 100g, protein per 100g, carbs per 100g and fat per 100g as found on the nutritional info on the packet. Then the size of the portion you want to calculate the syns for. Then bingo, bango, bongo it work's it out for you.

Back