Syns in Hummous???

Hiya,
I know I've already seen this information on here somewhere but I can't find it again :eek:! Could anybody let me know the syn value for hummous please, and can it be counted as a healthy extra? I'm doing green days only as I'm veggie. I had it in a pre-made sandwich from Boots today with salad and a chutney. I was hoping to have the bread as a healthy extra and syn the chutney. But I'm unsure of the hummous too, I know it's reduced fat because it's one of the new low fat/calorie shapers sandwiches.

Thanks in advance :)

I know tesco's reduced fat hummus is 1 1/2 sins per portion as stated on the back of the tub.

However I found a sin free recipe online!

Ingredients

400 g chickpeas (drained)
1/2 lemon, juice of
2 minced garlic cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cumin
2 tablespoons very low-fat plain yogurt
water, to thin down

Directions

1put the chickpeas, lemon juice crushed garlic cumin and yoghurt into blender and bled until slightly chunky, continue pulversising adding a little water to get to desired consistency, i like mine chunky pastey.

Last edited:
Brilliant thank you!!! I'll syn the hummus that I had yesterday, and I'll definately use that recipe, I love hummus!!! =D
Do you know how long it keeps?

OMG just made the hummus but halfved the quantities! Its sooooo lovely but very garlicky...

Just dipped some some veg sticks in it but might save some for tomorrow and take a small pitta for lunch....

Yum yum ...

just bumping this post as was looking for snack ideas and thought id give this syn free hommous a go. thought someone else might be interested.

Does anyone know syn value of a tub of Tesco reduced fat Red Pepper and Piri Piri Houmous?

Red Pepper 100g
energy - 930kj/225kcal

Piri Piri - 100g
energy - 855kj/205kcal

Thanks

Piri Piri Houmous, Reduced Fat, chilled, 1 level tbsp

Red Pepper Houmous, Reduced Fat, chilled, 1 level tbsp 2

Shop bought hummus is heinous in syns IMO, theres no way I could manage on 1 or 2 LEVEL tbsp :rolleyes: Youre way better off making your own Free stuff.

Back