Syns in Mcdonalds

cw_249

Hi,
I wondered if anyone could help me. I've tried sw before, but never been able to lose weight on it as i did only green days and think i have carb issues. So i have just started it again, doing red days, and so have done alright this week. I have 2 questions though, firstly, i feel like i have been eating loads and loads, chicken, prawns, healthy stuff, salad, and mullerlight yoghurts etc. Can i really lose weight eating this much???

Also, i wondered if anyone could tell me how many syns there are in those little packets of special k bites?

Also, got caught out in mcdonalds today, i tried to be as good as i could be, and i had chicken selects, but how many syns are there in those?

Thank you!!!

chicken selects
bag of 3 12.5
bag of 5 20.5

hey hun, firstly good luck with your sw journey.. i wish u all the best..

im not too sure about maccies.. but the special k bite things.. 98% they are 5 syns a bag. . might aswell eat a proper bag of crisps for that.. ( i got caught out on that one ) ... and yes.. aslong as all your meat ahs no fat on it.. then eat away. I eat bloody loads..

today iv eaten 2 alpen lights, 2 muller lights, 1 syn free pancake, 2 chicken breasts, baked potatoe, peas, chilli con carni with rice and nat yog with sprinkled cheese.. and had BBQ sauce and onion rings as syns ..

yum yum yum... thats a typical day for me.. so thats how much i usually eat.. so dont fret :)

all teh best x

Hi,
Thanks for that. I'm gutted about the chicken selects, i might as well have had a burger for that lol! i'd thought cos it was chicken it wouldn't be too many. And the special k things i thought would count as a b choice cos so many similar things do, oh well! i've lost a bit, but you've gotta learn haven't you!!! Thanks for you replies though...

Btw Fern, what are syn free pancakes? they sound nice..
Thanks again xxx

Dont worry about today, at least you can safley say your way of thinking is in the right place.. you tried hard to make good choices.. dont fret too much..

well i nicked the recipe off someone else on here...

seperate 1 egg.. and add sweetner to egg white to taste.. ( i put LOADS in otherwise can be quite plain) .. and wisk tis all white anf luffly and meringe like.. then, mixed some vanilla essence to yolk and then fold into egg whit, fry light a pan and scoop into pan.. spred out (very gently!) and leave well alone untill you can flip it over properly.. then cook otherside and wack on a plate with what ever u like..

iv tried.. strawbs and squirty cream... frozen muller light.. and today i crumbled up my alpen light on it! .. always add extra sweetner!! LOL x

Thank you, i'm gonna try that, gonna get to supermarket soon to buy stuff for it! Do you know, can you buy scan bran from asda, or is there something equivalent that you can put in the recipes? thanks again, i really appreciate your help.. xxx

errrrmmm.. i think scan bran is one of those silly things your only likley to pick up in a health food store (unless im wrong here, anyone else feel free to correct me) but i think its cheaper via your consultant....

the pancakes are yum. its just somthing to vary your breakys.. after so long i need a change evry now and then :)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

iv just noticed your diet thingy says your on cambridge? have you switched or doing both or?? xxx

Thanks again for that! It's really nice to have somewhere for support and to meet people doing the same.
I decided in about February to try Cambridge, but i only lasted 2 days, i wasn't hungry or anything else, i just couldn't put up with the headache for any longer, in the end i got up at 3am to eat carbs to make it go away!!!

I've tried sw before but only on green, and i have some kind of issues with some carbs, so just couldn't lose weight on it at all. Then decided a few weeks ago to try sw but just stick to red days. I joined a group and lost 4lb in first week, which was great cos i just haven't been able to lose weight for the last couple of years no matter what i've tried. But then i couldn't get to class a couple of times cos of work and just stopped following diet cos if they weren't weighing me they wouldn't know i'd cheated!! So now, i've decided to try going it alone, cos then if i cheat its only me i'm cheating. I'm really motivated, but can't understand how i could lose weight by eating so much!! I've had a couple of mishaps this weeks with my mcdonalds and stuff, but have still lost 2 lbs, so i'm quite happy and going for it big time this week!! How much weight have you lost on it?

Back