SYNS IN MEDICATIONS?

soapyliz

I take two 20ml doses a day of Lactulose, which is a very thick sweet runny honey-type liquid. When I've maintained or gained I wondered if that might be high in syns due to it's sugary tasting content, and piling on hidden syns. But my wonderful consultant did some research on my behalf and discovered that it is actually syn free. Hooray!
This information might help anyone else out there who takes similar medication. And it could be worth checking with your consultants with any queries you might have about any other medications you suspect might have syns in.

soapy x

As far as I'm aware sw don't Syn any medication even if it does contain calories.... Basically because medication is a necessity it's pointless synning something you have no control over whereas you have control over your syns.

Hope this makes sense.

As far as I'm aware sw don't Syn any medication even if it does contain calories.... Basically because medication is a necessity it's pointless synning something you have no control over whereas you have control over your syns.

Hope this makes sense.

Of course, Claire...lol lol.

soapy x

Lemsips are half a syn a sachetand I found that on sw app so sw do syn some meds

Hmm suppose so but wouldn't consider lemsip and strepsils as essential medication.

When I started slimming world I was on 2 sachets of fybogel a day which would be half a Syn but my c said it wasn't synned.

Who knows but I would never Syn something that was required everyday.

Ps soluble paracetamol and sugar free black currant made with hot water is a good sub for lemsip if you don't want to spend the syns, I'm not convinced lemsip works beyond easing the headache tbh though.

clairebrookes said:
Hmm suppose so but wouldn't consider lemsip and strepsils as essential medication.

When I started slimming world I was on 2 sachets of fybogel a day which would be half a Syn but my c said it wasn't synned.

Who knows but I would never Syn something that was required everyday.

Ps soluble paracetamol and sugar free black currant made with hot water is a good sub for lemsip if you don't want to spend the syns, I'm not convinced lemsip works beyond easing the headache tbh though.

Bet scanbran works way better than any fybogel lol ..... It does with me :/

cat yoyo greaves said:
Bet scanbran works way better than any fybogel lol ..... It does with me :/

Haha can't stand the bloody things.... Thankfully the change in diet alone has meant I've stopped the wretched fybogels..... They used to go all thick and gloopy in the bottom of the glass eugh!

clairebrookes said:
Haha can't stand the bloody things.... Thankfully the change in diet alone has meant I've stopped the wretched fybogels..... They used to go all thick and gloopy in the bottom of the glass eugh!

Neither can I but when I tried them they didn't stop in my tummy for long lol

soapyliz said:
Hi Cat. Never heard of scanbran. Tell me more, and where to buy them please.

soapy x

You can get them at slimming world meetings they are like cardboard but some seem to like them you get 5 as a hex b and are about the size of a ryvita they speed up weightloss and travel through your body at speed because they are v high in fiber

You can get them at slimming world meetings they are like cardboard but some seem to like them you get 5 as a hex b and are about the size of a ryvita they speed up weightloss and travel through your body at speed because they are v high in fiber

Oh lovely, thanks for that. I'll get some on Tuesday evening at my meeting. I recently bought some All Bran (which I do like) in a bid to help. Thanks again.

soapy x

soapyliz said:
Oh lovely, thanks for that. I'll get some on Tuesday evening at my meeting. I recently bought some All Bran (which I do like) in a bid to help. Thanks again.

soapy x

There are 2 types scan bran and oat bran I think

Back