Syns?

*angela*

Silver Member
Just wondering what you use your daily syns for?

Up to now I've mainly been using mine for treats in the evenings? I find on average I use between 5-7 syns treating myself to a bag of Quavers in the evening? Before I started sw I could have munched on crisps all day but would it be best to just have my crisp syns a couple of times a week instead of more often than that or is it ok as long as I'm within my value? Is it recommended that syns are used elsewhere or does it not matter what they're used on?

Thanks in advance :) x

I have to have a sweet treat in the evening to look forward to, so sometimes I'll have a syn free day, then use my syns for some chocolate in the evening. If I need my syns for meals, then I'll save a HE for the evening and have a lemon Hifi bar. Sometimes I'll use 15 syns a day, and other days I may have as few as 5. I try not to 'bank' my syns, unless I know I'm going out for a meal where it won't be easy to choose syn free options.
It doesn't matter what you use your syns on, as long as you stay within the allowed amount. So, if you really enjoy those Quavers every day, then munch away! Don't forget that you are allowed 5 -15 a day, so even if you do have a daily bag of Quavers, you still have some syns left over.

I tend to use about 4 syns a nite on something tasty, like a biscuit, or 5.5 syns on a kit kat 2 finger bar, but remember you must also count any butter, mayo, sauces, anything else that's not free, these are syns, so make sure you count them too.:eek:

I love Roast Beef monster munch when watching TV at night, great way to use my sins and feel as though I can have a treat

mainly i use mine on a night in front of the tv, a sw bar and a bag of sunbites usually :)

I'm another one who saves her syns for little treats :) I've gotten so used to preparing vry low syn or syn free meals now that I just don't need them for tht - so if I'm going to use my syns, it tends to be on a small chocolate bar, or the odd biscuit etc. That way I can feel like I'v been a little bit naughty without having to feel guilty. Part of why I love slimming world!

I do a mixture - some of my syns go on additions to my meal, for example using Light Salad Cream or Extra Light Mayo, and the rest goes on treats. It helps keep me on the straight and narrow!

That makes me feel alot better coz i was thinking to myself that I should be using them more in meals instead of snacking on treats but like Heyxtara said I've got so used to making meals that are low or syn free. In the instance where I would use syns for meals then I just cut back on treats but I like to use only half of my daily allowance of syns then at the weekend me+the hubby get a curry from the local Chinese, the one luxury meal I treat myself to if I have a loss at WI, have my 5th WI tomorrow and so far so good :) x

I always use my syns for chocolate in the evenings. This was always the time when I overate before and I find I don't need or want anything extra during the day, but in the evening I need that sweet fix. The difference is that now I can control how much I have and stay within 10 syns each night.

The Cadbury Light Mousse left overnight in the freezer, only 3 syns+coz it's frozen it takes ages to eat so ya really feel like ur being naughty when ur not at all :) x

*angela* said:
The Cadbury Light Mousse left overnight in the freezer, only 3 syns+coz it's frozen it takes ages to eat so ya really feel like ur being naughty when ur not at all :) x

Sounds delicious, I've tried frozen muller light so can't wait to try this thnx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I mainly use mine for wine on a Saturday night and save the rest for things like LF salad cream, sauce, gravy, butter buds, snack a jacks and the odd curly wurly

BeckyT said:
I mainly use mine for wine on a Saturday night and save the rest for things like LF salad cream, sauce, gravy, butter buds, snack a jacks and the odd curly wurly

I'm convinced that Curley wurleys were bigger when I was young, maybe my mouth was smaller. I have been eating go ahead yoghurt covered biscuits with some syns but I always need to use syns for extra milk as I'm a tea/coffee lover

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I only started sw last month so still getting to grips with it but I find I use my syns mist days in either an extra slice of bread or a little treat after dinner. I'll have to use some of them at times on cooling oil

Hi, i'm on my 14th week, and 1stone and 9lbs down....now yrs ago when i was with SW we lowered are syns to lose a little more weight...but my consultant, said i can use all 15 syns a day if i wish and still lose weight!!?...would i lose a little more weight using less syns do you think?...this week i have been very good, but used between 12 and 15 syns, and maintained!!! so not very happy, any ideas please? thanx

Back