Syns

ksty

Hi,

I'm very confused I have never been to a group and only done sw online and therefore have never really had anyone to ask. I read that you should have between 5-15 syns a day, so I assumed that have only 5 would speed up your weight loss and that there was always up to 15 there as a buffer. But I have read some posts that say ppl lose better when they have the full 15. Is this a personal thing or a rule? If you get better losses when you have all 15 whys this?

I generally have about 5 and never more than 10 and seem to have had slow weight loss this time around. I would really stuggle to find 15 syns to eat per day or struggle to stick to only 15, I find that once I get a taste for things like chocolate I can't stop so I avoid things like that.

Thanks

I tried the 5 syn theory it did not work for me, though I had a job with 15 syns each day. I was so full with my big lunches,eating brekkie and a good dinner, so I saved my syns for the weekend,also making a few meals that added syns at the weekend I had a few glasses of wine. I lost all my weight in good time and still at target. You can have all 15 syns and you will lose the weight if you stick at it guaranteed. xx

I use mine to make my food more interesting. Such as sauces, or synning some breaded fish/chicken, having extra cheese on pasta bakes, extra milk, etc etc and having super free with it.

Its a very individual thing but a lot of people do seem to struggle if their syns are on the low side. If your calorie intake is too low then your metabolism will slow down to ensure that the body gets the energy it needs, it may be that those few extra syns are all it takes to push people back into the zone. You will need to try and see how it works for you but really an extra 5 syns a day is only 100 calories so it would not negatively affect your losses xx

Back