T-mobile suspending account/bill question (oops sorry meant off topics for this post)

big bear

A bear on a mission!
I owe T-Mobile £23.73 from my last bill as I could only pay them £20 as struggling with money. This months payment is due on the 27th June for £24.70.

They've suspended my account & won't reconnect me until I pay both last months & this months.

I said I'd pay the £23.73 and then pay the remainder when its due (27th) but they are refusing to do so.

I've got 2 small children & my phone is my lifeline if I've any problems, also my H works nights so I like to have a phone just in case anything happens.

Should I call & speak to a different adviser? What can I do as I can't pay all of it till Friday.

Last edited:
Thanks - I'll give them another call

To be honest these people tend to be pretty unmovable, whether its true or not, theyll probably tell you the ban cant be lifted (via the system) until the account is cleared.

I had a similar problem with BT, paid my bill regularly but then pay day date changed and I was a bit late, they restricted my outgoing calls despite the fact I had told them Id be paying later that week.

I'm afraid I can't offer much advice other than speak to a manager, sometimes they can overrule the system & they have more powers than the normal techs. There's not much point talking to the normal techs about this because they physically won't be able to do anything.

Once you've paid it off, is there any way you'd be able to cut your bill down? I'm chopping mine from £35 to £20/£25 in August because I just don't use all of the free minutes etc. I'm not sure if you can do that with T-Mobile, I'm with Orange & they let you do it halfway through your contract. If you explain you have money difficulties, they might do it sooner.

Hope you get it sorted soon! I'd be lost without my phone x

I'm afraid I can't offer much advice other than speak to a manager, sometimes they can overrule the system & they have more powers than the normal techs. There's not much point talking to the normal techs about this because they physically won't be able to do anything.

Once you've paid it off, is there any way you'd be able to cut your bill down? I'm chopping mine from £35 to £20/£25 in August because I just don't use all of the free minutes etc. I'm not sure if you can do that with T-Mobile, I'm with Orange & they let you do it halfway through your contract. If you explain you have money difficulties, they might do it sooner.

Hope you get it sorted soon! I'd be lost without my phone x

Thanks for this hun, I spoke to another advisor & they let me pay £20 and put my phone back on.

My contract finishes in October, I might speak to them & see what I can do. I don't use all my minutes either I've got 600, free texts & 50 texts international as I text my family. If they could change some of the 600 mins into international that would be fab.

I'm starting back to work on monday so should make things easier.

Thanks again BBXXXXX

Thanks for this hun, I spoke to another advisor & they let me pay £20 and put my phone back on.

My contract finishes in October, I might speak to them & see what I can do. I don't use all my minutes either I've got 600, free texts & 50 texts international as I text my family. If they could change some of the 600 mins into international that would be fab.

I'm starting back to work on monday so should make things easier.

Thanks again BBXXXXX

That's brilliant! I'm so glad you got it sorted :)

I hope they can change your minutes for you. T-Mobile can be quite understanding, I'd be with them now if they had packages that suited me :) xxx

Back