Tasty Simply Filling Food Diary

Hello!

I have been doing weight watchers since January and have lost lots of weight :) However the past 3months have been non existent in weight loss terms. I lost all motivation for dieting and exercise and although I have not gained any of the weight back I feel at a low point. It felt like my body took a huge leap in terms of health and I felt fantastic but since I began eating crap again and exercising less I don't feel as confident as I was.

I just want to move forward and start a fresh. I was going to try the slimming world diet, but it did feel rather limiting. The simply filling weight watchers plan seems to suit me better. I will begin tomorrow and although tomorrow may (or may not) be a propoint day instead of SF, I am going shopping Friday night so I can buy lots of simply filling foods.
I have a couple of questions:

Is it only weight watchers bread that is free?
Is there any free pasta sauce? I love to make my own but don't always have time.
Are there any silly rules like at slimming world about blending/cooking fruit?
Do you all eat the full 49 weeklies? I ate most of them when I did pp and always lost.

Okay! Wish me luck for my first day! I'm excited. I'm hoping a new start on a new diet will give me the kick start I need to get to goal.

Hi ChocolateFace! Welcome to this bit of the forum.

A huge well done on your weight loss so far - thats a brilliant amount to lose in a year.

*Officially* its only WW bread products that are free but several people on here have taken a common sense approach to it and compared other brand in terms of fibre, calories, fat etc and counted those that are fairly similar as free as well without it seeming to affect their losses.

There aren't any free pasta sauces that I know of, it might be worth making a big match of homemade and freezing in portions for those times when you don't have time?

There aren't any silly rules about fruit - you can blend or cook it and its still free. You can even have tinned fruit in fruit juice (not in syprup) for free too :)

As for the weeklies, different people do things quite differently with them but if you have always eaten them when pro pointing there isn't any reason to change that on simply filling.

Good luck with the plan. Let us know how you get on.

Thank you for the advice. I really appreciate it. And good idea about the pasta sauce. Do you have a diary on here? I will follow you for ideas.

So today has not been good. I started the day with no simply filling foods which kind of set me up for a fail. I had porridge and then some fruit, then as I took no lunch to work I had to buy some lunch and opted for an egg mayo sarnie. Then I just thought 'I've failed now so I might as well start tomorrow'. I had some fruit and a cereal bar. And a pukka pie, mash and peas for tea. So it hasn't been a disaster day but I'm pretty sure I'm way over my 29 dailies.

So I have been shopping and I have loads of healthy foods and I am confident I can start SF tomorrow. I think it sounds silly I have to start over as I was unorganised but I think there is something to be said about starting a diet in the right phrase of mind. I know tomorrow when I wake I have everything I need to get off to a good start. I need a good start to encourage me to continue.

Okay so I just worked it out and today was 40pp. Not bad for a 'I'll start tomorrow' mentality. I am going to do SF for 6 days and have 42pp for the week.

Wish me luck! Again!

I am having a very productive day so far. I have made a simply filling hummus. Chickpeas, garlic, lemon, low fat yogurt, cumin, olive oil. I was a little bit worried about the taste as I usually use tahini but it tastes delicious.
Tonight I am making prawn and chicken paella. I love chorizo but the fat content is high and I know I can't trust myself to only have a small portion. So no chorizo in my paella. I love cooking and Spanish food is very tasty.

I will post my menu later and maybe even some photographs.

I have also been looking on the boards today and somebody has done a post were you write your height, weight and size. I feel like everyone else that is my height and weight have smaller clothes than me. I am in between sizes and I can fit in a 12 but always opt for a 14 for comfort. But this year I have lost nearly 3 stone and only dropped 1 and a half dress sizes. It is a long slow process and hopefully I will get to where I want to be. Eventually.

Sounds like you are going great guns today :) The houmous and paella sounds lovely. Are you using brown rice for it or pro pointing today? Officially only brown rice is free on SF. I tend to use brown risotto rice when making paella as I have never managed to find any proper brown paella rice. Know exactly what you mean about chorizo. I used chuck a fairly liberal amount into a dish without really thinking, now I find that 10 or 20g is plenty to get the flavour through.

Looking forward to seeing your food diary and maybe even some pictures. I love seeing pictures of what other people are eating.

Try not to be disheartened about the clothes sizing. We are all different and lose weight at very different rates and from different places. Alot of it sometimes depends on the cut and style of clothes we wear (and where we are buying them from!) 3 stone is a great weight loss. That's the thing to concentrate rather the dress size.

I am not sure if brown paella rice exists either. I have a foreign food store near my house and its full of interesting ingredients. They weigh rice/pulses/beans. You just fill your bag and take it to the counter. The wholemeal rice I use is similar to risotto rice but a different shape. I just pretend it is paella rice and it doesn't taste any different to be honest. There are a lot of interesting ingredients in that shop and it is very cheap. I get all my herbs and spices from there. They also have some curries made up. So they have already blended the spices and herbs. All you do is add them to some oil, marinate your meat overnight. Fry the meat and add veg, tinned tomato or coconut milk. It is very tasty. Some curries have so many spices in, it makes sense to buy them as a mixture rather than separate. They also sell vanilla pods at a good price.

I will be back later to update my food.

Breakfast - 2 slice wholemeal toast. Mushrooms, chives, 2 poached eggs
Lunch - 2 x crumpet and homemade hummus. Homemade veg soup.
Dinner - Chicken and prawn paella 2pp, homemade stuffed mushrooms 4pp
Snacks - Apple, Banana, Orange, vanilla yogurt.

I turned down a lovely slice of cheesecake. I may have a glass of red wine later.

I started the day with 42pp. And I have 36pp remaining. Maybe less if I decide on the wine. :)

Unfortunately I can't upload a photo as I have not done 50 posts. I will keep them saved until then.

Sounds like a really yummy day :) Hope you enjoyed your wine if you had it later on.

The shop you mentioned sounds exactly like my kind of place. We don't seem to have any those in Nottingham which is annoying. We have have lots of fabulous ethnic shops though which are great for cheap spices, lentils etc and discovering new things.

Breakfast - 2 x crumpet with egg and mushrooms
Lunch - ham and mustard (1pp) sandwich, banana and broccoli & Stilton soup (2pp)
Dinner - chicken breast in tomato and basil sauce with mash and peas.
Snacks - apple, orange, carrot and hummus. Chilli olives 3pp

Pp = 6

Plus I made some roasted vegetable cous cous for tomorrow and Tuesday work lunch. So I also had a few mouthfuls of that.

I actually feel pretty full so hopefully that is a sign of filling foods rather than eating too much. I've just put my chicken in the oven so looking forward to that.

Is wholemeal flour a free food? I always make my own bread and don't really want to buy any. So I normally have a maximum of 2 slices in a day. Any advice?

Back to exercise tomorrow. I had a good weekend off.

Last edited:
I've had a busy day today. I work 25hours a week in an office. So on afternoons or days off I do design commissions. I've got 3 wedding dresses and 3 party dresses to be done so I'm very busy. I want to do it full time but until I get regular business I need the job as security. So I have a night out this weekend and nothing to wear. I just turned my size 18 party dress into a size 14 skirt. It looks fab. I may start doing that. Upcycle clothing. I'd just have to charge the making cost as fabric would be the old garment. Just an idea of a service I could offer. I think people always have an item of clothing they love the feel of.

I've also done 30mins on the cross trainer and 10mins really fast cycling. Thinking I may start doing a DVD this week. I have 30 day shred and ripped in 30. Any suggestions? I've done them both before and find them easy now. But sticking to a plan like that keeps me motivated to keep at it.

Food to follow.

RESULT! £350 refund from NPower and £1400 tax refund. I'm very happy.

I started with a SF day but I worked out it was best to have a pp day

Breakfast - 2 x crumpet 5pp, egg 3pp
Lunch - Roasted veg cous cous with ham and olives 7pp
Dinner - meat free Lincolnshire sausage x 2 5pp and peas 2pp and carrots
Snacks - apple, banana, orange, grapes, country valley bar 5pp, crisps 2pp

= 29pp

Hi chocolate face (great name) looks like you are making a good start following sf. It's great the flexibility to be able to do pp or sf. Good luck on your journey!

I have a question. In the time I lost weight between Jan and July I never ate my weekly propoints. I ate my activity points instead. So if I earn 5 activity points I'd eat them. Then the next day if I earn 1 I only ate 1. I worked out on average that I ate about 40ap per week. So now i'm in a situation with SF that I have 49 weeklies to use. I'm thinking I may go back to my old way with SF.
I work harder if I know it earns me a treat. So I could do SF but instead of weeklies eat my ap.
Has anyone done this?

I'm not sure if anyone has done this but I think cos generally the food you eat on sf is healthy, you should be fine with the 49pp because sometimes you need to use your weeklies on things to add to your meal. I always used my 49pp and had decent losses on sf.

.....tonight's dinner

Chicken - good
Pepper - good
Mushroom - good
Avocado - 3pp not so good
Dressing 1pp - okay

I was doing so well.

Why o why did I add the halloumi? I need to swap to a pp day now as I already had some pp at lunch. However I never weighed my SF lunch ingredients or chicken. I've messed up again. My weakness for olives and cheese is going to be a problem.

Today is a FAIL.

Today is definitely not a failed day at all! There is absolutely nothing that says you can't use a "chunk" of weeklies in one day on SF, it just means having a few less on another day, or having a pp day to reduce weeklies use. What you have eaten are still healthy options (nothing wrong with a bit of cheese and some olives!) and you as you have done pp for a good while I am sure you can make an educated guess about the points in your lunch. A few points either way is not going to make the difference between losing or not, so I really would encourage you to see the bigger picture.

And cut yourself some slack, getting used to a new eating plan takes some getting used to. We all have days wear points seem to simply jump into our months without being part of our orginal plan but I think its about balancing this out elsewhere in the day or elsewhere in the week. Sounds like you have earnt some activity points this week as well as WW do say we should be eating our weeklies AND our activity points.

Looks like you have had a great week so far, so well done! And excellent news about the bill refund and tax credit :) Got any plans for spending it on?? We are ALL about the vicarious shopping on this board!

Well the money will maybe buy me some new clothes as I am obsessed with shopping. I've been eyeing up this designer http://www.etsy.com/shop/jenniferlillydesigns on Etsy for a few weeks. Might treat myself. I make lots of my own clothes so I might treat myself to some new fabrics.
Then obviously I have some Xmas shopping money. Save the rest as I just had to pay out for my car to be fixed and its nice to have some for emergencies like that.

Looking back at my post yesterday I agree it was a bit negative. Avocado and hollumi isn't exactly the end of my diet. I weighed this morning and I'm already 1 and a half lbs down so it obviously hasn't harmed.

Here to follow.... Im just thinking about throwing in a few SF days to mix things up so I'm here to get some ideas!!

Back