Teaching English as a Foreign Language courses

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by skinnymongoose, 10 January 2007 Social URL.

1. skinnymongoose

skinnymongoose Full Member

Diet:
    undecided
    Has anyone ever done (or taught) a TEFL course? I am starting a part-time Cambridge Celta course soon and am feeling quite nervous about it. Haven't studied for years!! All the stuff they've sent me looks quite daunting :eek: , feel slightly panicky!

Any tips or advice would be very welcome.....:rolleyes:

Thanks in advance.

SM

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up
    I have not done that, but I start an open university course next month and omg the amount of work there is, is quite daunting.....I too feel a bit panicky.

4. Jemax

Jemax Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi SM, I have not done the CELTA course but I am currently studing C & G 7407 in Adult Literacy in the evenings. There is a lot of assignments and yes it is daunting, there's even an additional day for a class placement. I do worry about meeting the deadlines and preparing work for my class, but I do think that this keeps me on my toes.

The group I'm in are very supportive and I think that you will find that you are not the only one with concerns. If you have any concerns do talk to your tutor.

I want to teach, this subject area in addition to IT so I know that all the sacrifice I have to make to complete this course will be worth it.

Good luck on your teaching journey. A colleague, studied this course and he went of to China for two years to teach.

5. skinnymongoose

skinnymongoose Full Member

Diet:
    undecided
    Thanks Sonkie and Jemax for your replies. Good to know I am not the only nervous panicking mature student out there. I guess I will get used to studying again. I am quite looking forward to it though, hope I have a good group and nice approachable tutor! Good luck with your courses too!
    SM:)

Last edited: 10 January 2007
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.