Teeth Whitening?

Maximus

Gold Member
Whilst in Florida recently, I noticed these teeth whitenng adverts and clinics all over the place. Apparently they cost a fraction of the cost of similar work in the UK.

Has anyone ever used them or know of people who have? - apparently the results are guaranteed for 2 years (some form of bleaching or blanching perhaps?) it is non-surgical. I was curious and having quit smoking years ago I quite fancy a flashy white smile.

I assume it is safe to do so but never did it there and then as wasn't 100% sure.

Any comments welcome.

Steve

I've never tried them, but I think if it's allowed in Florida then it must be safe. Can you imagine the payout if it went wrong:eek:

Give it a whirl when you are there in Sept.

It was on International Drive - not a "proper" Orthodontist (sp?) could be a backstreet fly-by-night - might be perfectly ok, hence my asking lol.

Yeah, still give it a whirl:D

BTW did you do an online visa for Florida, I thought the rules had changed & you had to have a visa (not the green card done on the plane) & it was valid for two years, but a friend of mine says you don't need to apply online.

Yes you have to fill in an ESTA online I believe - costs money now but when I did mine they were free - lasts two years and then you have to do another - just google ESTA for info.

You are not allowed in the States without one - even if you do one it does not guarantee entry (criminals etc.) you have to put the address of where you intend staying, so when I go back in September, I will amend the location of where I am staying from Disney property to a villa address.

The ESTA does indeed replace filling the card out on the plane.

Some airlines are not fully up and running so you may still have to fill in the green TWOV as well as have the ESTA, you won't be able to travel without the ESTA.

Lots of people make the mistake of applying for two (ie. They had one last time they travelled and then apply for a new one) this causes a discrepancy and your travel may be held up if your ESTA has not cleared.

Some airlines are not fully up and running so you may still have to fill in the green TWOV as well as have the ESTA, you won't be able to travel without the ESTA.

Lots of people make the mistake of applying for two (ie. They had one last time they travelled and then apply for a new one) this causes a discrepancy and your travel may be held up if your ESTA has not cleared.

Surely they then have to pay twice - isn't it about £16?

Virgin Atlantic are up to speed:cool:

I use Crest 3d Whitestrips and they give me blingin' white teeth :D Not available in the UK though, so I buy them off eBay!

Maximus said:
Surely they then have to pay twice - isn't it about £16?

Virgin Atlantic are up to speed:cool:

Not sure how much they are but when they were free people kept making the mistake of applying everytime they travelled and then Homeland Security had to be contacted to clear it and give permission to travel.

It's good Virgin are now fully up and running.

My mum had her teeth whitened in the uk and it's the non surgical two year one. I'm pretty sure she got hers on an offer but not entirely sure. You could tell straight away she said the only downside was it hurt a bit and she came home and went straight to bed but was fine the next day. I think if anything in Florida the technology will be more advanced so you may get a better result.

The crest strips are great, but OMG, if you've got sensitive teeth they kill!!! I don't even have sensitive teeth usually but I couldn't manage the whole lot of them (use twice daily for 30mins for 7-10 days depending on pack) my teeth feel tingly just thinking about it! They do however work!!

Yes you have to fill in an ESTA online I believe - costs money now but when I did mine they were free - lasts two years and then you have to do another - just google ESTA for info.

You are not allowed in the States without one - even if you do one it does not guarantee entry (criminals etc.) you have to put the address of where you intend staying, so when I go back in September, I will amend the location of where I am staying from Disney property to a villa address.

The ESTA does indeed replace filling the card out on the plane.

We last went in 2008 & complete a green card on the plane. The question rose at work when I mentioned about online visa valid for two years & my friend said she went last year & didn't need one.

We are flying with Virgin & it does mention ESTA. I'll complete ours online, OH wouldn't let me live it down if I didn't & we needed on:rolleyes:

Thanks for your help.

Happy Holidays said:
We last went in 2008 & complete a green card on the plane. The question rose at work when I mentioned about online visa valid for two years & my friend said she went last year & didn't need one.

We are flying with Virgin & it does mention ESTA. I'll complete ours online, OH wouldn't let me live it down if I didn't & we needed on:rolleyes:

Thanks for your help.

If your friend went last year then she definitely needed one, it's been mandatory since I think January 2010, if people turned up at checkin without one some airlines (when it was free) would apply on their behalf for one but they should have been asked lots of questions, ie. the ones they would have answered on green form, have you ever been convicted, been involved in terrorism etc.

You'll be fine doing it online, it's quite easy but remember to check your details are correct and you haven't done a typo before hitting enter!

Yes you will not get entry into USA without a ESTA. You only need to record the number (serial number) no need to print it out, though lots of people do. When you arrive at immigration in US and hand our passport over your ESTA details are brought up on file etc.

The only thing to do is change the address where you are staying if you use it more than once or stay in different places.

For example, I stayed on Disney Property at 2201 New Orleans Drive and will be staying at a villa at Casterton Circle in September so will change the ESTA online. No charge to do this as ESTA still valid for the remainder of the 2 years.

You MUST fill out an ESTA or expect loads of hassle and a long wait when you get there!

My mum had her teeth whitened in the uk and it's the non surgical two year one. I'm pretty sure she got hers on an offer but not entirely sure. You could tell straight away she said the only downside was it hurt a bit and she came home and went straight to bed but was fine the next day. I think if anything in Florida the technology will be more advanced so you may get a better result.

Oops - forgot to mention, thanks for that. Can you ask her as to approximate cost?

Do you have to change the address on it where you are staying ? I thought that bit wasn't essential ??

Gail x

Hi maximus
I asked her cost for you and she said she got it on a special offer for £99 but has seen one on groupon this week for £79. Hth Kelly

Do you have to change the address on it where you are staying ? I thought that bit wasn't essential ??

Gail x

Heard conflicting reports Gail, but it costs nothing to change an exisitng ESTA (just go online and do it). I happen to witness someone who hadn't filled the ESTA in correctly - I know this as I was help up as had to wait until he was "processed" before I could go through. It seems to me like he didn't have the address where he was staying and had to go to another desk where a bloke had a huge list (presumably of addresses) he then cam back and updated.

Hi maximus
I asked her cost for you and she said she got it on a special offer for £99 but has seen one on groupon this week for £79. Hth Kelly

Thanks very much reptara.

Blimey what with this and the tummy tuck/surgery questions anyone would think I was turning vain!

Anyhoo, anyone know a good source of hair transplants.....? ;)

Back