Tesco veg bake

Lisa Mardle

I bought a vegetable bake from Tesco which is cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, potatoes and spinach with a cheese sauce and breadcrumbs. I thought it would be good seeing as it was mostly speed food but when I ran it through the calculator it was 17.5 syns!! Is that right? Some of it should be free surely? Or could I use some of the cheese sauce as a HEX B?

Ingredients:
Vegetables (Cauliflower Florets, Cooked Potato, Carrot, Broccoli Florets), Cheese Sauce, Cheese and Breadcrumb Mix, Spinach, Cheese Sauce contains: Milk, Water, Mature Cheddar Cheese (Milk), Cream (Milk), Wheat Flour, Cornflour, Rapeseed Oil, Onion, Medium Cheddar Cheese (Milk), Salt, English Mustard, Dijon Mustard, White Pepper, Nutmeg, Cheese and Breadcrumb Mix contains: Mature Cheddar Cheese (Milk), Wheat Flour, Palm Oil, Salt, Parsley, Yeast, English Mustard contains: Water, MustardFlour, Salt, Sugar, Wheat Flour, Acidity Regulator (Citric Acid), Turmeric, Dijon Mustard contains: Water, Mustard Seed, Spirit Vinegar, Salt, Wheat Flour contains: Wheat Flour, Calcium Carbonate, Iron, Niacin, Thiamin

I checked the app and it's 16.5 syns. It does sound high to me too, but essentially half of it is the sauce which has a lot of high syn ingredients.

You could maybe offset some of it as your B, but I know that's not recommended in ready meal type foods as there's no way of determining how much of it is actually there.

Back