Tess' Cambridge Diet Journey to a healthy me

Hi Tessie
Sounds like you are really determined :D
You can lose so much weight between now and your friends wedding that you will be unrecognisable and hope we get a pic of you looking great ?
I know its early thinking about it yet but this will be the first summer in 10 yrs that I will be able to wear pretty, lightweight dresses and so will you. Isn't that a lovely thought ??
What day is your weigh in so I can cheer you on ?
xx

Aaah, thanks Farmgirl. Yes, I am determined this time. I very rarely wear dresses, and I'm determined to wear nice clothes this coming summer instead of covering up like last year!
I don't have an official weigh in day at the moment, as I am using up my "stash" of CD products still at the mo. Will be seeing my CDC at the end of January. I usually don't have a fixed weigh in day either, as I work shifts.
I lose weight slower than most people due to my almost completely underactive thyroid, but I'm aiming to lose 2st at least by my friends wedding. :) I will definitely be posting some pics.
I'm sure you're going to look absolutely beautiful in your summery clothes this year. Can't wait to get down to that size myself. Will catch up with you soon. x

The combo of 810 and ss+ sound brilliant!!! I've had great losses excgpt god crimbo and new year blow out!!!
I shall be checking in on you xxx
Loves ya x

Thanks Kirsty! Hope you're ok. Yes, Christmas was pretty bad for me too. Went completely and utterly overboard. Glad to be back on CD now, though. Look forward to catching up soon. x :)

Well, the last couple of days have been a bit bumpy, to be honest, but I've started today with my banana shake and a cup of coffee. Going to start glugging my water now too. Waited till 11am to have my first shake, so that should help a bit.
I watched The Biggest Loser UK last night, and then Britain's Fattest Man, as inspiration for weight loss. My hubby and I had a chat about addictions, etc as he's going to try and quit smoking this year. We're going to be supporting each other, as I really need to break my addiction to junk food. We're both determined that we're going to turn our lives round this year. So, I'm going to be listening to my Dr Becks Diet solution CD's from today again, and I'm going to dig out my Paul McKenna CD's too. Hopefully that will help me with the mental aspect of being on this diet.
I have been on the WII yesterday and played Just Dance 2. It's really good and they now have a workout session as part of the game. OMG, it's hard! It's called Sweat, and guess what! You really do sweat! LOL. Feel a bit stiff this morning, but planning on doing it a bit later today again. Going to stay with my mom for a few days as I'm working dayshift tomorrow and Thursday, so won't be able to exercise for those two days. I've told my mom not to even offer me any of her lovely food, as I'm determined just to have four packs a day. I know it's generally easier to stick to CD whilst I'm at work and at my mom's as I don't have the temptations that face me at home.
So, anyway.... sorry for rambling on.
Hope you all have a good day, and I'll catch up soon. :)

Hi Tessie, hope your having a good day. I watched the biggest looser last night I need all the help I can get at the moment :D I sometimes wish more was done for people who have food addictions, if it was just a case of not over eating we wouldn't all be trying to loose weight. I hope in time I can just learn to be relaxed around food :sigh: I might get Dr B's cd or book, I have read good things about it.

Enjoy your time at your Mum's and remember to keep glugging :tear_drop: x My Mum's is a danger area she always has so much stuff, she can open a packet of biscuits and have one or two, hmmm need to look further into this. Take care and catch up with you soon x

Hi Tess!!! Glad to have you back :) well done for not putting much on in the last 5 weeks. You'll probably lose that plus more really quickly :)

I watched biggest loser last night too haha. I would love to go on it but the exercise would kill me lol.

Hope you're all good and feeling lighter already :D

Hi Tessie, hope your having a good day. I watched the biggest looser last night I need all the help I can get at the moment :D I sometimes wish more was done for people who have food addictions, if it was just a case of not over eating we wouldn't all be trying to loose weight. I hope in time I can just learn to be relaxed around food :sigh: I might get Dr B's cd or book, I have read good things about it.

Enjoy your time at your Mum's and remember to keep glugging :tear_drop: x My Mum's is a danger area she always has so much stuff, she can open a packet of biscuits and have one or two, hmmm need to look further into this. Take care and catch up with you soon x

Hi Sarah, thanks very much for your message. I've been doing ok, although yesterday was pretty hard. I'm feeling very hungry this morning, as I've been up since 4:30am, but I'm trying to wait till a bit later to have my first shake of the day. My mom's been fine with me saying that I won't be eating, or if I do, it will be an omelette from the SS+ plan.
I would definitely recommend the Dr Beck's diet solution. It's definitely helping me, although I need to still do some of the activities which are mentioned in it.
I am watching the Biggest Loser UK and USA, but I do prefer the USA one. The stories really make me cry, possibly because I identify with how they're feeling. I agree that more should be done for Food Addiction, because I think that it's worse than other addictions in many ways, as you can't stop eating.
Anyway, hope you're doing ok and have a great day. :)

Hi Tess!!! Glad to have you back :) well done for not putting much on in the last 5 weeks. You'll probably lose that plus more really quickly :)

I watched biggest loser last night too haha. I would love to go on it but the exercise would kill me lol.

Hope you're all good and feeling lighter already :D

Hi Felix! Nice to hear from you again, girlie. :D It's nice to be back, to be honest. I've struggled a bit to get back on plan, but it's a battle I'm winning at the moment, so I hope to feel lighter soon. ;)
Yeah, I know what you mean. I would love to do the Biggest Loser, but firstly I'd be too embarrassed to be seen wearing their outfits on tv (my friends, fam, etc seeing me like that), and secondly I would collapse with the exercise, I think. I wish there was somewhere you could go to isolate yourself for a few weeks and just concentrate on your diet....:rolleyes:

Anyway, have a great day. :D x

Hi lovely people! It's almost 3pm and so far I've had a really good day. I'm on my 3rd litre of water. So far I've had:
Breakfast: Cranberry bar (my last one! :eek:)
Lunch: Strawberry Shake
Tea: CD810 meal.... not sure what yet.. maybe omelette.?
"dessert": Hot choc mint shake.
Anyway, hope you're all having a good day so far.
Chat soon. :)

hi tessie - great to have you back and you seem to be doing really well.

Hey Beautiful, it's good to have you back with us and it's fab to see you back on track and in the zone. Sending positive vibes your way - have a great day 4 xx

hi tessie - great to have you back and you seem to be doing really well.

Thanks Leeds! Hope you're well, Hon. On nights tomorrow, so will be able to catch up with everyone's diaries then.
Have a great day. :D

Hey Beautiful, it's good to have you back with us and it's fab to see you back on track and in the zone. Sending positive vibes your way - have a great day 4 xx

Hi Sharon, nice to hear from you again! Thanks very much for the positive vibes. They'll come in very handy. :D Hope you're ok. Will catch up soon. x :)

Good morning all, I'm feeling extremely tired at the moment, and can't wait to get home and jump into bed.

This nightshift has been long, and my tummy's been playing up. Firstly gurgling away merrily, then suddenly I had to rush to the loo! (Sorry if TMI :eek:). I followed the 810 plan yesterday, and I've had my omelette yesterday afternoon about 3pm; my last cranberry bar @ 8pm; Veg soup @ midnight and I've still got my choc mint shake to go. I'm going to try and wait till I get home before I go to bed with that.
I've had 3 litres of water so far tonight, and I've also had a Coke Zero tonight, as I've been feeling very hungry today. Not sure if it's mental or physical at the moment, though.:rolleyes:
All in all it's going ok, and I'm pleased that I'm still feeling positive and managing to stick to my plans (more or less!).
I've been going through Dr Becks Diet solutions as you know, and I've also just purchased Marisa Peer's You Can Be Thin. Apparently it's really good, so thought I'd give it a try. I'm willing to try anything to get my head sorted so that I don't put on the weight after my weightloss journey again. I don't want to be a yo-yo dieter anymore.
I will let you know what it's like as soon as I receive it from Amazon.
Right, best be off. Sorry for rambling...:eek:

One more nightshift to go, then off for four days! Yippeee! :D

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've had a really rough few days, which came to a head last night when my hubby and I had a huge argument, and my 3-year old daughter asked me why I have such a fat tummy. :cry: I am completely ashamed to say that I cracked and had a HUGE meltdown. I won't mention everything I've eaten, but believe me - it was carb overload.
So, today I realised that I can't do this without the support of my CDC. I still can't afford to see her till end of the month, but I phoned her and have now made my appointment for the 1st of February. I can't wait to start again and properly this time.
I'm glad it's after my birthday (end of Jan) as some friends and I are going out for a meal and possibly bowling or cinema for the night.
I'm still going to try and have two shakes a day, and a meal in the evening just to try and do some damage limitation in the meantime.
There, that seems to have helped a bit. Feel much better now that I've written this all down.
Sorry to have rambled on. Hope you're all ok.
I'm off to go and make my hot choc shake.
Bye for now.
x

oh tess!! you sound sad in your post. hope things are better today and you are feeling more positive. CD is a hard diet emotionally so any time you need to offload or vent write it all down, it really helps. sending you positive vibes!

Hi Tess. Sorry to hear you're having a rough time :( Glad to hear you'll be seeing your CDC at the start of Feb though!!

You're doing well with the 'damage limitation' at the moment, it's a good idea for until you see your CDC again.

Hope you're feeling in better spirits soon xx

oh tess!! you sound sad in your post. hope things are better today and you are feeling more positive. CD is a hard diet emotionally so any time you need to offload or vent write it all down, it really helps. sending you positive vibes!

Hi Leeds, how are you doing, Hon? I'm so sorry I've been a bad friend and not been here much. Thanks for your post though. Yes, I was very down and sad in my last post and I've put on a bit of weight since then, but I'm working through my cognative behavioural therapy CD trying to get control of my issues with food. I will catch up with you very soon, I promise. Take care. xx

Hi Tess. Sorry to hear you're having a rough time :( Glad to hear you'll be seeing your CDC at the start of Feb though!!

You're doing well with the 'damage limitation' at the moment, it's a good idea for until you see your CDC again.

Hope you're feeling in better spirits soon xx

Hi Hon, thanks for your post. I'm really looking forward to seeing my CDC in Feb, coz my life (and weight) has gotten completely out of control at the moment. I try very hard every day to have a couple of shakes, but towards the end of the day I just end up messing up. :( Hope you're doing ok. Will catch up with you soon, I promise. x

Update:
Well, things haven't quite worked out as I've planned, and for that reason I haven't been on mini's much this last week. I just don't want to be negative around people whilst I'm trying to sort my head out. I'm now completely off CD until the 1st of Feb, and will be enjoying my birthday on Saturday (my hubby, friends and I are going out for a meal and a few drinks).

I am currently working through the Hypnodiet self-hypnosis CD (no, it's not a different diet, it's just called that to make it enticing to read). It's a really good book and makes sense. There is a CD to listen to on a daily basis till you reach your goal weight too, so I'm hoping that by the time I start back on CD I will be more focussed and will have managed to get control of my cravings,etc.

I do keep an eye on mini's although I haven't been posting much. I will be back with a vengeance soon enough though. I hope you are all doing well and that you are all losing weight.
Take care and chat soon. x

Well, countdown has now begun. As of tomorrow morning 10:30 I will be back on the Cambridge wagon. Really nervous and excited, but ready to give this a proper go this time. I will be posting quite a bit, so chat soon. Off to bed as I have sore throat and cold! G'nite all.x

Back