Tess' Cambridge Diet Journey to a healthy me

Hi tess, how is it going??
Hope you are having a good week. Good luck for your weigh in!!
You are doing so well.
catch you soon xx

Hi Miss-R, I'm ok thank you. Working nights at the moment, so I've still gotta catch up with everyone's posts for the last few days. How are you doing, Hon? Looking forward to catching up. Take care. x :D

Hello lovely people! How are you all? It's been a pretty hectic day today. I'm on nightshifts as you can probably tell, but I've been to weigh in this morning at 9am and I lost 1.5lbs!!! Really pleased as TOTM turned up this morning. (sorry if too much info :eek:). My CDC is on holiday from tomorrow for 9 days and I really want to surprise her with a good weightloss when I see her again on the 20th. So, here's Tess on a mission! LOL.
I got home about 10:30 and had to catch up on a bit of housework as I've been at my mom's for the last few days. Got in bed about 12-ish, then up again for 3:30pm - got ready for work, and here I am! :D
Feeling very positive at the moment, and I'm hoping this feeling lasts to get me through these 9 days.
I actually have 4 days off after this set of shifts!!! The first time in two months and I'm really looking forward to it. My hubby and I have decided that we'd like to go somewhere Sat afternoon (he's working till 2) and go out as a family. Maybe stay over at a Premier inn or Travellodge and come home on the Sunday afternoon. I don't really know where we can go coz we don't have a lot of money, tbh. We're in Bedfordshire. Does anybody have any suggestions where my hubby and I can go with our 2-year old that's no more than a 2h drive away? I'd appreciate your imput.
Anyway, I've got absolutely LOADS of work to do tonight, so I have to get on with it now. Will definitely catch up with you all later though. Have a good evening, my friends. xx:)

I needed a boost of motivation so thanks for being so positive!

I hope you and hub have a good time away. Sometimes even a night away is like a holiday. I could certainly use a few days away from the grind, but I'd rather go to a posh hotel...just me, lots of telly, the fluffy bathrobes, big bathtub with lots of bubbles, my hand mixer and packets. Throw in a few dozen gossip mags an Bob's your uncle.

Bliss. (No kids, no hub!)

I would love this for me, right now. Just to be away from the housework, nice smelling foods !!

I needed a boost of motivation so thanks for being so positive!

I hope you and hub have a good time away. Sometimes even a night away is like a holiday. I could certainly use a few days away from the grind, but I'd rather go to a posh hotel...just me, lots of telly, the fluffy bathrobes, big bathtub with lots of bubbles, my hand mixer and packets. Throw in a few dozen gossip mags an Bob's your uncle.

Bliss. (No kids, no hub!)

I would love this for me, right now. Just to be away from the housework, nice smelling foods !!

Hi Hon, yes that would be absolute bliss, I think! Oh well, I'm sure I'll still have a good time with hubby and Jess. Last nightshift tonight, and I'm feeling EXTREMELY tired.... hope this night flies by.
You are doing really well, Hon. Thanks for saying that I gave you some motivation. It really means a lot.
Have a great evening. x:)

Good evening, Lovely people! How are you today? I am at work and have just started my last nightshift. Can't wait for my 4 days off now! Yippee!

I did have a bit of a rough day today, to be honest. I was very tired this morning and when I got home my little girl was already awake! I then had to stay awake till 12:00 when I took her over to the childminder. By this time I was seriously stressed and tired. It didn't really help when the childminder told me she was pregnant either - baby due in May. I am very happy for her, don't get me wrong, but that means I now have to try and find alternative care for Jess from April onwards. :( I basically went home and I don't know why, but I had a good cry ( and I mean a GOOD cry). This was ok, but unfortunately Evil Saboteur Tess surfaced again and ate a couple of crisps that were still in Jessie's crisp packet. :cry: How embarrassing is that! I'm quite upset with myself, but I have learnt to not let this little blip ruin my diet. I've managed to get a few hours sleep and feel much better. I am armed with my CD packs and my water and ready for the nightshift ahead. Bit gutted that I have probably ruined being in ketosis, but hey-ho.
Sorry to ramble on so much. I'd better get back to work. I will chat to you all later again. Have a good evening. x

Hey Tess hope you are good! A night away sounds nice, I could really do with that right now. Do you know where you're going to go yet? Make sure you all wrap up warm haha :)

Just realised you posted when I was writing this lol. I had a bit of a cry the other day too and I dont know why! Dont worry about the crisps though!

Haha, hi Felix - how strange! I just posted in your diary too!

No, I don't know where we're going yet, to be honest. The weather does tend to put a damper on things. Would've loved to go to Woburn Safari park, but it's no fun when it's all muddy. I reckon we should just get in the car and drive and go round all the small picturesque villages doing a bit of sightseeing, then stop for a small (non-carb) meal and possibly stay over somewhere..... mmmm, who knows. I'll let you know what happens.
Have a good evening, Hon. x

Well, I'm almost at the end of my nightshift and I can safely say that I feel absolutely shattered. All I want to do now is curl up next to my hubby in bed and get some sleep. However, I still have an hour's drive ahead of me. :(
Anyway, I just wanted to say - have a lovely weekend everyone. I will try and catch up over the weekend, but if not, I will chat again on Monday.
Determined to stay strong this weekend!
Bye for now, lovely ladies. xxx :)

Hi Tessie,
You sound very positive:)
Hope you get that 3lb loss...I'm sure you will.

Am looking for a CD counsellor this week, can't wait to get back with the CD girlies, it's sooooo lonely on the diary page I use !!!:wave_cry:
Have a lovely weekend.

Jax

have a good weekend Tess. Dont know how you cope with CD and nights, but well done girl.

Hello lovely ladies, thanks very much for all your posts. I will catch up with your diaries a bit later.

Well, we didn't go away for the weekend,but we went out yesterday - just did a bit of sightseeing really - nothing too fancy. It was just nice to spend some time together as a family to be honest. However, I have been feeling increasingly ill and I woke up this morning with earache, sore throat and aching muscles. Not good. I started feeling bad yesterday already, and I'm very ashamed to admit that I COMPLETELY and utterly fell off the CD wagon. :cry: I didn't even feel any remorse yesterday either, which makes it worse. My hubby took us out as a treat to the Little Chef, and I ordered scrambled egg on toast, although I didn't eat the toast. I did have two cups of "normal" tea with milk in them - although they were disgusting really. That was for breakfast, then on our way back we stopped at Nandos and I had a plain chicken and cucumber/lettuce wrap. I didn't have any CD products yesterday at all. :(
This morning, although I'm still feeling bad and ill, I'm determined to claw my way back onto the wagon. I've already had my coffee, pint of water and my banana tetra. I'm still lying under the duvet feeling sorry for myself, but at least I have no desire to eat anything at the mo.:eek:
Hope you are all well. Have a good day. Have just taken my "Day nurse" medication and I'm going to try and have a bit of a nap - if Jess lets me!

Will catch up with you all later. Sorry for disappointing everyone....:(

Well, after my disasterous weekend, I'm back on the wagon. Still feeling a bit bleugh, but I am going to Zumba tonight to try and burn off the extra calories I had over the weekend. I've saved my bar to have before the workout. I've had my banana tetra this morning with my coffee and pint of water; veg soup for lunch with some more water; 2 cups of Rooibos tea and a tiny bit of cooked chicken for my SS+ meal. Feeling a bit more positive again. Have been listening to my Dr Beck's diet solution CD's again for motivation. I have 4 more days to get myself properly into the swing of things and hopefully have a really good loss this week. Hope you're all well.
Chat soon. :)

Well done on getting back on the wagon! It can't be easy! Glad you got out for the day even if you didn't go away for the night :)
Mmmmm I love nandos though it's my favourite place ever hehe.

Thanks Felix. :D Hope you had a good day too.

I'm just been to Zumba class, and believe me I've worked off those calories. Have also managed to do an "easy" version of the 30 Day Shred today, so I'm feeling much more energised and not so ill at the mo. :D I am ready to collapse at the moment though and the muscles in my arms and legs are literally shaking. Time for a nice soak in the bath (hubby's busy running my bath water for me, bless him) and then BED!!! Hope I won't feel too bad tomorrow. My hubby has said he's going to get me weigh training with him in the evenings too, so I can tone up!:eek: My sister bought me a Winsor Pilates set for Christmas too (she told me as she wanted to make sure I'd like it. :rolleyes:). Think I'm definitely back on track. Have worked out my "menu" for tomorrow already too:

Breakfast:
Strawberry Tetra
Lunch:
Choccy Bar (as I have doc appointment and will be out)
Dinner:
Potato and Leek Soup
"Nightcap"
Warm choc mint shake.

Good night, my friends and sweet dreams. :)

Hi Tess, well done, I hope you enjoy your well earned bath, zumba and 30 day shred in one day, thats very good!!
Sorry you've been feeling under the weather, i'm glad you feel abit better tonight, hopefully after a night sleep you'll feel even better.

You are very organised with your shakes, I should think about what I am going to have alot more, I will think about tomorrows packs tonight.
Thanks for inspiring me :)

Hi Tess, well done, I hope you enjoy your well earned bath, zumba and 30 day shred in one day, thats very good!!
Sorry you've been feeling under the weather, i'm glad you feel abit better tonight, hopefully after a night sleep you'll feel even better.

You are very organised with your shakes, I should think about what I am going to have alot more, I will think about tomorrows packs tonight.
Thanks for inspiring me :)

Hi Miss-R, thanks for popping by. I had an absolutely lovely bath and slept like a log last night! LOL. Not feeling too bad this morning, actually. My legs are a bit stiff.
I try and be organised with my shakes otherwise I might just have all of them at once! LOL. It's like planning the days' menu. I feel better once I know what I am going to have and it usually helps me keep on course.
Hope you have a good day, Hon, and I hope the planning of your menu helps you too. :)

Hello lovely ladies,
I've just written a long post and deleted it accidentally! Typical! :eek:

Anyway, I have to do the short version now as I have to get back to work.
I've been at my mom's the last couple of days, and I must admit that I'm finding sticking to CD really hard at the moment. My motivation seems to have vanished and I'm not sure how to get it back at the moment. :(
I'm feeling a bit under the weather too at the moment, still with Totm and after having the flu jab, and all I want to do is curl under a duvet and not surface again.
Anyway, I'd better get on with some work. It was sooo manic yesterday that I didn't even have time to have all my shakes!
Going home tonight and looking forward to seeing my hubby. Gotta get my butt in gear as my CDC is back from holidays and I have my wi on Saturday. She's going to be so disappointed in me. :( I'm GOING to have a good day today and tomorrow. No compromise on that. Maybe miracles can still happen....

Chat soon.xx

Aww sweetie sorry to read you have been poorly. It's really hard doing cd when you feel ill. I am sure the cd feeling will come back.. I lost my way for weeks stopping, starting wondering if I could do it?? I think it's hard doing it this time of year as well, especially when the weather gets cold, it's natural to want food :D

I do 810 for medical reasons but at least I get to have a little something in the evening or I take something to work if I am really organised! which is rare :)

Take care Tessie and catch up with you soon x

Hi Tess
How is it going?? Hope you've had a better day today.

Sorry you've been feeling under the weather. The weather doesn't help does it. Its very foggy here today and I was half tempted to stay in bed today.
I hope you've managed to find some motivation, it is tough isn't it.
Somedays I really struggle and others I find it much easier.
Just wanted to say I had a look at your pics and you've done so well!!
Sending some good vibes your way xx

Back