That nervous/excited feeling.

Addibelle

A happy downward spiral
I had mentioned recently on another thread about an interview I was going too. Turned out I got the job and I start on Monday and I am SOO excited.
At the same time I am kinda worried about how its going to affect SW.
Its Monday to Friday, 9 to 5 and I am used to shift work.
Plus dont know if they have somewhere I can heat/make food, if I can stay in to have lunch or have to leave and eat out (which will be a nightmare). Do many places close at lunch and make you leave?

But anyway. SO excited to start on Monday. Its something I never thought I would get a chance to do and I cannot wait! =D

Well done on the job front Lila, do hope it turns out well!
If I were you I would go prepared with your own meal ready as there are not many places these days that don't have an area or canteen for having your lunch.

Here's wishing you all the very best!!...:)

P.S. I lived in NI at one time - Lisburn to be precise, and worked at Barbour Threads, wonder if you know it?

hi hun well done on the job front, on monday take a packed lunch and fruit and a mugshot they should have a kettle that u can use, cuppa soup? have a good breakkie b4 u go it will be a case of looking on monday to see :)what they have eg fridge etc good luck

Was that in Hilden?
Im from Lisburn! Lovey little place that it is =)

Thanks. I think your right.
May make a sandwich for my HEB which ive never done before.
Even just for the first day til I see what its like.

hi hun well done on the job front, on monday take a packed lunch and fruit and a mugshot they should have a kettle that u can use, cuppa soup? have a good breakkie b4 u go it will be a case of looking on monday to see :)what they have eg fridge etc good luck

Yeah, mugshot and all should be fine.
Think Im just worried I will get there and they will tell me I have to go out and then will end up at a cafe and then off plan. Eek.
Thanks for the luck, gratefully taken! =D

Congratulations Lila. :)

Monday is bound to be a bit of a gamble but I'd be surprised if they didn't have somewhere for you to get lunch sorted. Who can afford to eat out every day after all?

Go prepared. Once you re there you can see how the land lies and plan accordingly.

Congratulations !!!

I think, as the others have said, Monday is a case of suck it and see.

I can not imagine a work place that doesn't have some sort of facilities for their employees.

Good luck, and remember " think thin "

hugs xxx.

Hi lila - congratulations on the job, I hope you love it!

I am also from Northern Ireland and have always worked 9-5 hours (except for when I was a student) and I have always been able to spend my lunch hour in the office, and have always had access to a fridge, kettle, toaster and microwave in the work kitchen!

I would have my breakfast in work in the mornings, which is normally some toasted Nimble with Laughing Cow, and then at lunchtime I heat up my Speed Soup.

I actually think you might find it easier to follow the plan in this job than you did when you worked shifts :D

Hi everyone =)
Thanks to everyone.
Its going BRILLIANT so far.
Really happy and I can just sit at my desk to eat which is fab.
Packed lunches are saving me money too! haha

=D

Thanks for letting us now. So often we never see the end of story.

Glad all is going well

hugs.

So glad it's going well for you, well done X

Back