The Bars

i cant stand the soft bars but would happily live on the peanut ones for the rest of my days, cant wait for the tomoto soup to come out now.

WHAT!! I can not stand the Toffee one, out LLC didnt give them to us last week and thought that must be because they were so yummy and in high demand. So I ordered 2 this week and had one this morning and I was almost sick, it was afull!!!

I love the peanut though! I cut it into squares and enjoy every bit!! MMm cant wait until tmrw to have one for breakfast!

I like them all - the cranberry one being best very closely followed by the peanut one.

The other 3 don't have much taste to them but they have just enough (and I need the different texture it provides - same reason I make a "muffin" with a milkshake every night).

What is this about tomato soup? I'd love a new soup as only like the thai and "new" veg ones.

Hi Lynn... I am with you - us with our great taste buds, hehe...

I love the Toffee flavour BUT ONLY AS WARM BISCUITS. I cut each bar into about 5 bits... then microwave for somewhere between 45secs and 1min... SCRUMMY!!! Lemon is ROUGH, even as a biscuit... and peanut is good. I generally get 4 toffee and 3 peanut each week.

Not tried the fruit flavour.

***Is it the same texture as the toffee one? What fruit flavour is it? Berry-y, or citrus-y, or unidentified!?!***

A x

Hi Lynn... I am with you - us with our great taste buds, hehe...

I love the Toffee flavour BUT ONLY AS WARM BISCUITS. I cut each bar into about 5 bits... then microwave for somewhere between 45secs and 1min... SCRUMMY!!! Lemon is ROUGH, even as a biscuit... and peanut is good. I generally get 4 toffee and 3 peanut each week.

Not tried the fruit flavour.

***Is it the same texture as the toffee one? What fruit flavour is it? Berry-y, or citrus-y, or unidentified!?!***

A x
Defintley true the fruit Anna lovely.
I have found my true love the shakes and bars:)

When I first started in March I tried most of the bars, I didn't like toffee or cranberry, but loved the peanut bars. Few weeks ago I thought I'd try the cranberry bars again as your tastes apparently change, I think it is true as I really love the cranberry bars now and don't bother with the peanut ones!
The peanut one's are nice mixed in with a chocolate pack as a muffin!

I Received a phone call from LLC as there was a colour consultancy chat by another LLC and was told that they had the management bars in raisin and choc lower in calories than a couple of the others think they have only just come out, they wer simple to a cereal bar.

She also said L.L are starting something at end of October for people with a Stone to lose so that will enable a lot mor people to participate.
Maria

I have survived the last half of the diet just on the PNut bar and the Cran/Rasp bar. ThHe other ones soon lost their shine.

A couple of things I like to do with my bars: (hehe steady on....)

PNut:

Toast in the toasty till browned and sticky, then lightly sprinkle with salt. The salty-sweet combo is wonderful. SOmetimes I will crumble it up into little clusters and eat from a dish like roasted nuts. One tastly little clump at a time,

SNICKERS BAR: Mix one half a chocolate pack thick - like frosting. Cut your peanut bar into bite size peices....(I still toast mine first - love the carmely flavour it brings out) Anyway - cut into peices and spread the chocolate shake thickly on each peice and pop in the freeer for a couple of hours. Then east!

Raspberry:

Put the whole bar on grease proof paper - put in microwave and zap until you see it start to kind of melt, and puff and collapse - doesn't take long and be CAREFUL not to burn - can go from OK to burnt in half a second!! When its getting soft - remove from oven and put another greese proof paper on top and then roll out thin with a roller - to about 1/4 inch or thinner if soft enough. Then pop in the fridge for an hour or so to let the yogurt coating soldify again - then peel off the paper and break into biscuits.

(you can do this by cutting up first, and flattening each peice right after cooking but gets messy with the melted ygurt and you lose a lot of the yogurt that way - and thats the best bit!)

You can also spread chocolate on it and freeze and have Choccy-Rasberry biscuits.

Pnut: toast half a bar - break into chunks - stir into a thick-ish choclate pack and bake in microwave for a brownie with nuts.

Those have been the ways that got me through.

Funny - when I first started the diet I was forever making s, muffins, I even tried to make pancakes on shrove Tuesday out of a pack :)rotflmao: you notice its not saved as a recipe on the sticky thread!! :D)

I just felt I had to be doing SOMETHING with the packs to feel more normal.

But, I finally went off the crisps. That was months ago. And I could never manage even the thought of one without shuddering.

Its very strange how your tastes change. The end of the diet, I have survived on chocolate shakes and pnut bars and the odd chili soup and thats it. I;d have been screwed if they took any of those flavours away!!!

Your taste really will change throughout this -so if you get bored, try one you didn;t like at the beginning - it may become your new favourite believe it or not!!

:)

x

:rotflmao::rotflmao: That's fantastic BL. Got to love you.

I'm feeling less obsessed by food at the moment so all I want is the liquid form. Weird... Did you got through a stage like that?

Thats exactly it LS - In the early stages I felt obessessed still and felt I HAD to have variety - I HAD to be able to 'cook' and 'create' - it was all these "I HAD TO's" to make me feel normal.

But yes - once that obession was lost, I couldn;t be bothered - and just went to shake and bar form in their purist (easiest :D) form.

Back