The cost of SW

I've been on a tight budget too, finding green days much cheaper, plus if a fancy a 'meaty' day ill have a quorn chilli or something.

great idea about going to iceland for meat, im defo going to do that from now on. then get the rest from my usual supermarket.

one other tip is to never go shopping without a list and stick to it. dont buy stuff that is a 2for1 or on offer UNLESS its on your list. It is time consuming but i make a shopping list then use mysupermarket.co.uk to enter everything in then that tells me the cheapest place to go from Asda/Ocado/Tesco/Sainsburys ETC
luckily i have a good selection nearby so i go wherever it says is the cheapest.

When I started I would buy loads of stuff because it was on the list.... blueberries, strawberries, grapes etc, I now buy bananas and apples/pears and stick to those. I use loads of tinned peas, tomatoes, beans etc and if I use meat for a chilli then I bulk it out with loads of veg and tomatoes to make it go further.
Frozen veg is way cheaper than fresh sometimes, especially peppers!
It takes longer to shop and longer to plan and cook on SW than if you were not following it, but it's so worth it!!

im lucky cos i work for asda and as staff get 10% off.
it really does help...
although i do like shopping around and knowing where the bargains are.
I think i need a trip to Iceland haven't thought about ever getting anything from there!
XXX

I think what made me realise, was paying £3.49 for 500g of extra lean mince in morrisons! I was tempted not to bother, but really wanted to make the cheesy meatballs recipe on here. I think I'll def have a long good look round Iceland and get things like mince and chicken.

Back