The Diary of a Slimming World Veggie

Beth8nne

Hi everybody

I joined Slimming World on Thursday Evening so this is only my 2nd day but I thought I would probably motivate myself more if I got on some messageboards and started speaking to other people who have the same goals :)

So my name is Beth, I had my first baby almost 2 years ago and put on 4 stone. Have lost about 2 1/2 of this but really want to get the last stubborn bit of weight off. I'm a vegetarian and have been for 5 years now so I will be doing the green plan and documenting what I eat here. Any other veggies with recipes please make yourself known :)

I have a husband, a little boy and a Siberian Husky! It's a total mad house

B - 2 Weetabix (HexB)
Milk (and milk for tea) - (HexA)
1 tsp sugar - 1 syn

L - Frankie and Benny's Penne Arrabiatta with no olives extra mushrooms - I estimated 6 syns for the oil in the sauce??

D - Garlicky Mushroom Jacket Potato - Superfree, free and 1 syn for creme fraiche

S - Banana, Apple

Hope to make some friends on this journey :)

Evening All

Today has gone pretty well and my neighbour has been so impressed with how much and what I have eaten that she has decided to join Slimming World too :)

B - 2x Weetabix with Milk and 1tsp sugar (HEXB and HEXA) - 1 syn
L - Pasta with Veggie Bolognese - (HEXB for tsp extra virgin olive oil)
D - Roast Dinner ( Quorn Crispy Fillet, 2 Aunt Bessie Yorkshire Puddings, Carrots, Brocolli, mashed potato made with skim milk and creme fraiche, veg gravy) - 10.5 syns

Feel very full :)

Hi Beth! Looking forward to seeing what recipes you come up with :D SW green days are awesome, I've lost nearly four stone since April and I've loved getting creative with my cooking. Takes my mind of other things and is lots of fun too ;) x

Hi Beth!
Welcome to SW :D I'm a veggie and have a diary going on too.
Wow, a Siberian Husky! They're such beautiful dogs. Willful little critters tho aren't they?! Lol.

Good luck with your first week.
Kelly.x

Hi Beth - found you via fellow veggies Missy and CHeekychinchilla. Would love to see pix of the husky - they always have such beautiful eyes. I have a cavapoo and a greyhound.

Hello all, thanks for the lovely welcomes:)
And yes, Siberian Huskies, what a breed? She is like no other dog I have ever had. We love her to pieces but she is a handful lol
Not sure if I can post pics as a new member, how do I do it?

Beth xx

Today has been another good day so far! I took my son to a new mother and toddler group and they put on a massive big spread of pizza, crisps, biscuits :-( Charlie loved it obviously whilst I was munching on grapes!
In the afternoon I went out and did my first "Slimming World" food shop and stocked up on loads of free and superfree items

B - 2x Weetabix with skim milk and 1 tsp sugar (HEXA, HEXB + 1 syn)
L - Quorn Ham and low fat roasted red pepper houmous sandwich (HEXB + 1.5 syns)
D - Homemade root veg and pearl barley pie (no pastry, topped with mash) (1.5 syns)
S- 1 multipack bag of squares - 5 syns
1 Apple
Strawberry Jelly - 5 syns

The pie was so amazing - yummy comfort food for when it's cold and barely any syns at all! Happy Days!

It was sooooo yummy, here's the recipe

Ingrediants: Serves 2 if you like a big portion :)
1 onion
4 carrots
5 potatoes
1/2 small swede
1/2 leek
1 veg stock cube
4 handfuls pearl barley
veg gravy granules (2-3 tsp)
Herbs (whatever you like really)

Dice all the vegetables up quite small. Fry the onion in the pan with some fry lite and the herbs. Once browned add the leeks and finally the carrot and swede. Cover with water
Add the Pearl Barley and Vegetable stock cube keep stirring as the pearl barley will stick otherwise,, top up water if needed.
Boil the potatoes in a seperate pan and once cooked mash with skim milk (hexa) and I used a tsp of creme fraiche but you could use fromage frais as your other HEXA if you wanted. Season and leave to one side.

The Pearl Barley takes a little while to cook so keep tasting until it's at a consistency that you like. Thicken with the gravy granules and then spoon in to an oven proof dish. Top with the mash potato and bake in the oven for about 10-15 mins depending how crunchy you like the top of your mash.

Then ENJOY!!! So yummy

I'm also vegetarian and just started SW on Friday. Yesterday's dinner was syn free and even my meat eating, non-slimming hubby loved it!

Quorn sticky BBQ fillets, potato wedges baked in Frylight and smoked paprika, and sweetcorn. It was NOM.

That pie sounds lovely! And even better - you don't need to waste a HEX on fromage frais as it's free as long as it's fat free! I often use FF yogurt in my mash, makes it all creamy and lovely :)

Not sure how many syns for the gravy granules - I know that onion Bisto (my fave!) is 1.5 syns per 100ml made up as directed but no idea how that equates when adding granules to a sauce...

Yeah I synned the gracy granules at 1 per tsp and the exta half syn was for the tsp creme fraiche in the mash but I have since bought some fat free fromage frais which I will use instead :) It was lovely, my son had some today for his lunch and he gobbled it up

So I had a telephone interview today and have progressed on to the next stage. My face to face interview is tomorrow and then weigh in on Thursday - stresshead :)

Food today has been good and yummy

B - 2 Weetabix with skimmed milk and 1tsp sugar - (HEXA & HEXB + 1 syn)
L - Homemade pasta salad with onions, peppers, spinach and 2 sundried tomatoes drizzled with 1 tsp basil oil and lemon juice (3 syns)
D - Veggie Stir Fry with fresh rice noodles - (1.5 syns)
S - Banana

Drinks - Tea, water and diet coke

That's it so far but I'm really really full. I still have a HEXA and HEXB to use but I probably won't now seeing as it's 21.12

Beth xx

Evening all!

So had the second part of my job interview this afternoon, I feel it went quite well. I should hear a result tomorrow - eeeeeek

Food has been scrummy today

B - Crunchy Nut Cornflakes with skim milk - (HEXA and 5.5 syns)
L - Quorn ham, reduced fat red pepper houmous and salad sandwich on wholemeal bread - (2 HEXB)
D - Homemade Veggie Chilli with mixed bean, tomatoes, carrots and peppers with brown rice
S - Banana
Salt and Vinegar Squares - 5

Drinks - Tea, Water, Diet coke and 200ml chocolate oat milk - (HEXA)

10.5 syns in all so not too shabby

Beth8nne said:
Evening all!

So had the second part of my job interview this afternoon, I feel it went quite well. I should hear a result tomorrow - eeeeeek

Food has been scrummy today

B - Crunchy Nut Cornflakes with skim milk - (HEXA and 5.5 syns)
L - Quorn ham, reduced fat red pepper houmous and salad sandwich on wholemeal bread - (2 HEXB)
D - Homemade Veggie Chilli with mixed bean, tomatoes, carrots and peppers with brown rice
S - Banana
Salt and Vinegar Squares - 5

Drinks - Tea, Water, Diet coke and 200ml chocolate oat milk - (HEXA)

10.5 syns in all so not too shabby

Looks like a good day! Did you have your hummou as a HEXB? I make my own now with coriander and chillies, not quite the same but still nice and free as well.

Ooooh and I see you've discovered chocolate Oatly - how nice is that stuff?! Mmmmm ;)

Back