The FlabFighters! - August Challenge

Just a quick edit to my target which got mixed up with the quoting malarkey (ignore my ramblings please lol!)

10st10lbs - 6lbs to lose (3lbs lost)
honey74 - 2lbs to lose (4lbs lost)
RubyMoss - 3lbs to lose (5lb lost)
hastalavegan - 2.5lbs to lose (5.5lb lost)
MazzyStar - 6lbs to lose (2lbs lost)
emma-louise - 2lbs to lose (6lbs lost)
chickyb16
AmyToria - 8lbs to lose (4.5lbs lost)
Belfastbabybear - 8lbs to lose (3.5lbs lost)
AlicePalice - 5lbs to lose (1lb lost)
mrsorangecat - 8 lbs to lose
DonnaP - 10lbs to lose, 9lb lost
donnajt - 1.5lbs to lose (8.5lbs lost)
Becca306 - 6lbs to lose (5lbs lost)
Hathor - 8lbs to lose (9lbs lost)
Kaylb - 1.5 inches from my waist, 2 inches from my hips, 1 inch from my thighs (1 inch from my waist, 1 inch from my hips, 1/4 inch from my thighs)
Mocha - 6lbs to lose(3lbs lost)

Don't feel guilty, you've got enough going on at the moment to worry about that... once Ramadan is over, you'll have more time (and energy :D) to get started!

Small change for me this week, but still in the right direction :)

Kaylb - 1.5 inches from my waist, 2 inches from my hips, 1 inch from my thighs (1 inch from my waist, 1 inch from my hips, 1/4 inch from my thighs)

Wow looking through this is impressive, everyone is doing so well :D

Kay x

Guilty feeling effectively stopped :) I will start doing them on my week off, which should start in a few days, fingers crossed! Tummy muscle exercises always help with period cramps, plus it'd be nice to tone up a bit for Eid ;)

Any change in the downwards direction is a wonderful change, well done hun! Are you dropping sizes yet, or feeling any sort of difference within yourself? xxx

Hi Ali - i have lots to lose - so my weight loss should be bigger than you as you are so close to your target.

This is what keeps me on straight and narrow:
* Plan ahead
* Superfree always
* no guestimating
* keep my diary up to date on minimins
* spend as much time a day as possible on minimins (keeps me focused)
* smaller dinner plate
* dish up superfree first so that you get your full 1/3 on your plate

Hey Donna, I don't feel like I'm near target for various reasons, but set an official target of 8st8lbs with my C this morning, which is 120lbs, the same I've set on here. It's giving me something to look forward to and it seems so close now, especially with my loss this week! Scroll down to see ;)

Thanks so much for the tips! I fail on planning ahead - I'm not the only cook in the house and I do like to eat strange combinations of food just to get superspeed in, the others wouldn't touch half the things I come up with! Also, guestimating is my downfall - I think you pointed that out on my diary last week, so I tried very hard this week to use my scales lots and lots and I ate very little of anything that came in from anywhere else, but made sure it was sufficiently synned :) Everything else, I think, I have covered :D So thank you so much for helping me out! xxx

Hey everyone. A STS this week, but tis a miracle after all my getting into uni celebrations :D

Congratulations! On both the STS and getting into uni, woohoo! What uni are you going to? And what are you studying? Watch out for the Fresher's 15lbs - I don't even drink and I managed to put it on! :) xxx

2.5lbs off for me this week :D Absolutely chuffed, you cannot imagine the pitch of the squeal that came out of my mouth when I saw 9:5.5 on the scales!!! My C said the loss was getting really noticable on my body, and then mentioned setting a target, which was brill! Then I went over to speak to another lady who joined 3 weeks ago, she commented saying it was really noticable too! And my size 10 trousers are getting loose around my thighs - nothing has EVER been loose around my thighs! LOL! My jeans too, I am so chuffed you cannot believe it! 0.5lb off my August target, but I think I might pop down to the chemist for my first ever sneaky weigh in on Tuesday, while it's still August, and see how I've done. Although, I really don't want to! Because then if I've gained... or if the loss wasn't as big as I expected... plus it'll be * week... Scrap that, I ain't goin! :D

My aunty told me today to stop losing weight, that I'm skinny enough, that my hips have definitely come in a lot and I really really should stop. And I just said 'well I don't feel comfortable within myself yet, so I'm gonna keep going' and smiled to end the conversation :)

Walked to WI and back today, with a detour, so will be adding up the kms and sticking them on my sig - it seems to help!

Sorry for all the rambling, I have to keep my hands busy somehow as I'm really hungry, lol xxx

10st10lbs - 6lbs to lose (5.5lbs lost)
honey74 - 2lbs to lose (4lbs lost)
chickyb16

honey74 - 1.5lbs to lose (4.5lbs lost)
chickyb16

Only 1/2 off today, but i'm pleased as I thought I wasn't going to loose at all as I feel so bloated (and * week isn't for another couple of weeks).

Although i've missed my target this month if I get that last 1.5lbs next week i'll get my 1 1/2 stone sticker :D

Well done everyone, especially Ali - You go girl. Any chance of "again, again" for next month? I dib my colour again ;) lol

xxx

Only 1/2 off today, but i'm pleased as I thought I wasn't going to loose at all as I feel so bloated (and * week isn't for another couple of weeks).

Although i've missed my target this month if I get that last 1.5lbs next week i'll get my 1 1/2 stone sticker :D

Well done everyone, especially Ali - You go girl. Any chance of "again, again" for next month? I dib my colour again ;) lol

xxx

Again again, definitely! But you can't join if you say 'ONLY' before any weight loss! :p Although you did say you're pleased, so I'll let you off this time ;)

Mmm, I missed my target for the month too :( Teach me for wanting to be adventurous! Oooh, we're losing roughly at the same rate then, cause if I get 2.5lbs off next week, I'll get my 1.5st sticker too :D But you have a few weeks before * week and I'm expecting it any day now.. so you'll get it first, lol :)

I'll get a thread started for September over the weekend! xxx

2.5lbs off for me this week :D

my size 10 trousers are getting loose around my thighs - nothing has EVER been loose around my thighs! LOL! My jeans too, I am so chuffed you cannot believe it! 0.5lb off my August target, but I think I might pop down to the chemist for my first ever sneaky weigh in on Tuesday, while it's still August, and see how I've done. Although, I really don't want to! Because then if I've gained... or if the loss wasn't as big as I expected... plus it'll be * week... Scrap that, I ain't goin! :D

My aunty told me today to stop losing weight, that I'm skinny enough, that my hips have definitely come in a lot and I really really should stop. And I just said 'well I don't feel comfortable within myself yet, so I'm gonna keep going' and smiled to end the conversation :)

Walked to WI and back today, with a detour, so will be adding up the kms and sticking them on my sig - it seems to help!

Sorry for all the rambling, I have to keep my hands busy somehow as I'm really hungry, lol xxx

EXCELLENT AND DESERVED WEIGHT LOSS!

Size 10's, i would never ever ever be able to get 1/2 of one of my thighs into a size 10, so you are lovely and slim (hate word skinny because i think it is always used in a derrogatory fashion) already, just not quite as slim as you'd like, so you keep your head clear and focused on your target, your auntie's comment re "skinny" proves my above point, I shall call you slinky-malinki! and what a fantastic way to deal with those "oh you've gone to far comment i am worried about you!"

GO ALI!

Again again, definitely! But you can't join if you say 'ONLY' before any weight loss! :p Although you did say you're pleased, so I'll let you off this time ;)

Mmm, I missed my target for the month too :( Teach me for wanting to be
I'll get a thread started for September over the weekend! xxx

Well said Ali, 1/2lb seems so small, but if you search 1lb of fat, you realise how much lard you've lost from your body

HOORAY for September challenge will join up asap, you are a brilliant and motivating challenge leader Ali x

Well said Ali, 1/2lb seems so small, but if you search 1lb of fat, you realise how much lard you've lost from your body

HOORAY for September challenge will join up asap, you are a brilliant and motivating challenge leader Ali x

1/2 or 1lb, take a look at this 1lb of human fat, you have removed this from the inside of your body!

View attachment 8874

:talk017:

I know I used the "O" word, but I was pleased with my loss. Like you say, a loss is a loss. Would have liked to have hit my target as it would have been my 1 1/2 stone stickers BUT that will happen when it happens. :D

Thanks for posting the pic. It's amazing to think that over 2 stones of that has come off of me (10lbs before s/w and nearly 1 1.2 stone with s/w):eek: . I can't imagine where all of that was sitting on me....yuck....lol

xxx

I know I used the "O" word, but I was pleased with my loss. Like you say, a loss is a loss. Would have liked to have hit my target as it would have been my 1 1/2 stone stickers BUT that will happen when it happens. :D

Thanks for posting the pic. It's amazing to think that over 2 stones of that has come off of me (10lbs before s/w and nearly 1 1.2 stone with s/w):eek: . I can't imagine where all of that was sitting on me....yuck....lol

xxx

Laura - i hope i haven't offended you or anyone else, it was meant as a well done, i am guilty of saying i only lost 2lb, i kicked myself up the a*** v quickly, i found this pic and posted one similar on my diary as a look how well i've done, apologies for any offence i might have caused, it wasn't my intention, donna x

2.5lbs off for me this week :D Absolutely chuffed, you cannot imagine the pitch of the squeal that came out of my mouth when I saw 9:5.5 on the scales!!! My C said the loss was getting really noticable on my body, and then mentioned setting a target, which was brill! Then I went over to speak to another lady who joined 3 weeks ago, she commented saying it was really noticable too! And my size 10 trousers are getting loose around my thighs - nothing has EVER been loose around my thighs! LOL! My jeans too, I am so chuffed you cannot believe it! 0.5lb off my August target, but I think I might pop down to the chemist for my first ever sneaky weigh in on Tuesday, while it's still August, and see how I've done. Although, I really don't want to! Because then if I've gained... or if the loss wasn't as big as I expected... plus it'll be * week... Scrap that, I ain't goin! :D

)

Well done!!!! I don't blame you for sticking to *your* target either!

Can you believe that some people have said to me that I don't need to lose more? I mean its obvious that I do! I think some people *sometimes* don't like other people losing weight. hmmmm

Considering height, as long as people stay within healthy ranges then its OK. It is a different story when it goes less than that.

Its going to be so great for you to hit target! x

Laura - i hope i haven't offended you or anyone else, it was meant as a well done, i am guilty of saying i only lost 2lb, i kicked myself up the a*** v quickly, i found this pic and posted one similar on my diary as a look how well i've done, apologies for any offence i might have caused, it wasn't my intention, donna x

Hun, there was absolutely no offence taken..lol I'm really glad you posted the pics of the fat. Can you believe the amount of that you lost was ever inside you?

There is one thing that I should perhaps mention, but to say i'm a little embarassed is an understatment especially after such a supporting and helpful post. My name isn't Laura, it's Vicky....lol :eek:

There you go we are now even. Me for making you think I was upset with your post (when I really wasn't and thought your pics were really helpful) and you for getting my name wrong....lol

So, are we even now "Mavis"? ;)

:rotflmao:

xxx

-1/2lb off this week. Better than nothing and hoping it's the start of some good losses again x

I'm actually quite please with my 4lb loss this month. Didn't achieve my target but I actually lost weight this month and kept it off! I'll be trying even harder in September cause we're off on holiday on 1st October - great incentive - really want another award before I go!

chickyb16
Belfastbabybear - 8lbs to lose (4lbs lost)

Last weigh-in of August, and I didn't reach target. But I did lose 1.5lbs - and simply could not be happier! :D

Here's to September, and being 8lb skinner by the end of it! :D xxx

RubyMoss - 1.5lbs to lose (6.5lb lost)
chickyb16

Well done!!!! I don't blame you for sticking to *your* target either!

Can you believe that some people have said to me that I don't need to lose more? I mean its obvious that I do! I think some people *sometimes* don't like other people losing weight. hmmmm

Considering height, as long as people stay within healthy ranges then its OK. It is a different story when it goes less than that.

Its going to be so great for you to hit target! x

Thank you honey!

You're so right about people not wanting others to lose weight, I don't understand what their problem is! If I look good, it's because I feel good. And if I feel good, it's because I'm on SW! I think you have the bestest and loveliest motivator ;)

I'm 5'1" so I'm a bit stuffed with height - in the top half of Healthy BMI even at target of 8st8lbs, though my mum asked me yesterday if I was going to stop when I got to 8st, which got me thinking a bit about how other people see me (in comparison to my two elder stick size 6-8 sisters) At 8st, I'd be just on the other side of the halfway line for Healthy.

Fingers crossed I feel comfortable at 8st8lbs and don't feel the need to drop lower! September challenge, here we come! xxx

-1/2lb off this week. Better than nothing and hoping it's the start of some good losses again x

I'm actually quite please with my 4lb loss this month. Didn't achieve my target but I actually lost weight this month and kept it off! I'll be trying even harder in September cause we're off on holiday on 1st October - great incentive - really want another award before I go!

[/COLOR]

You're right, half off is definitely better than nothing! If you lose 7lbs during September, you could get your 1.5st AND your Club 10! You know where to find the September thread ;) xxx

Last weigh-in of August, and I didn't reach target. But I did lose 1.5lbs - and simply could not be happier! :D

Here's to September, and being 8lb skinner by the end of it! :D xxx

You already know I'm really proud of you :) esp after those pints on Saturday night! And considering you're on at the moment aswell, it's a wicked loss! You're making me want to up my target from 6lbs to 8lbs lol... Let's see how I go on Thursday, then I'll be chasing you! xxx

You already know I'm really proud of you :) esp after those pints on Saturday night! And considering you're on at the moment aswell, it's a wicked loss! You're making me want to up my target from 6lbs to 8lbs lol... Let's see how I go on Thursday, then I'll be chasing you! xxx

I am yet to beat you!
But oh, the race is on my lovely, the race is ON! <3

Hun, there was absolutely no offence taken..lol I'm really glad you posted the pics of the fat. Can you believe the amount of that you lost was ever inside you?

There is one thing that I should perhaps mention, but to say i'm a little embarassed is an understatment especially after such a supporting and helpful post. My name isn't Laura, it's Vicky....lol :eek:

There you go we are now even. Me for making you think I was upset with your post (when I really wasn't and thought your pics were really helpful) and you for getting my name wrong....lol

So, are we even now "Mavis"? ;)

:rotflmao:

xxx
lol where on earth did i get laura from? sorry about that deirdre x

just popping in to say i lost 2lbs this week so hit my august target and got my 2st sticker :D super happy as thought i would be in for a STS!! xx

emma-louise - 0lbs to lose (8lbs lost)
chickyb16

Well done Emma Louise!

I lost 1lb :)

emma-louise - 0lbs to lose (8lbs lost)
chickyb16
Hathor - 8lbs to lose (10lbs lost)

I am yet to beat you!
But oh, the race is on my lovely, the race is ON! <3

*mwah* x

lol where on earth did i get laura from? sorry about that deirdre x

You two absolutely crack me up! :8855: x

just popping in to say i lost 2lbs this week so hit my august target and got my 2st sticker :D super happy as thought i would be in for a STS!! xx

Yaaaaaaaayy! Triple happy dance for you! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: xxx

I lost 1lb :)

Which means you lost 2lbs more than you were aiming to lose this month! Well done hun! Putting us all to shame :eek: xxx

Back