the greens during the induction

pd7707

hi again. it`s my second day on atkins and practically i have put 1 kg instead of losing.
do u think i eat more carbs than the permitted 12 g.

my ownly carbs came from lettuce, onion and green cabbage. i didn`t really bother to weigh my portions of salads.
and there are many different advices when it comes to vegs in atkins plan.
i appreciate your help and support.
thanks

Hey, and welcome to atkins!

I'm no expert, but onions are waaay carby, as veggies go - about 8g carbs per 100g i think. So I'd be inclined to swap them for spring onions because they are about 4g per 100g give or take.

And its only been 2 days and many things can affect your weight, so avoid the scales until your weight in day!

Thats my advice! You'll do great! :)

Agreed! Onions are pretty carby - avoid as much as you can. The rest of the salad is fine though. Don't lose heart tho. I think a pint of water weighs 1lb so it could easily just be daily weight fluctuation. Have you been drinking alot? Eaten lots of salty food etc?

everything as far it`s green and leafy

Agreed! Onions are pretty carby - avoid as much as you can. The rest of the salad is fine though. Don't lose heart tho. I think a pint of water weighs 1lb so it could easily just be daily weight fluctuation. Have you been drinking alot? Eaten lots of salty food etc?
i can`t thank the forum enough. it`s absolutely great to raed and share and feel understood. most people around me would never accept atkins and any low carb diets. but i won`t give up yet.
my concern is about having too much fat. during most of my life i almost avoided any fat. so this is the first time for years i even use virgin olive oil in my salads. before i would go for lemon,garlic or musturd-honey dressing.
more i read here , more confident i feel about my menus.
as most people i really have no time, no patience to weigh everytime i get a salad, so 1 mug is cool. i can`t eat anything without salad. till now i used to eat huge ammounts of veggis,salads,fruits,and what i truly belive is that streched my stomach. so i will take it easy this time. i drink 2 glasses of water before a meal, otherwise i could easily eat 2 big steaks at one meal.
do you think that it could be a reason to not lose weight. i have cravings as my stomach won`t be full without the usual volume of my meals? i am craving carbs probably. i am massive fan of cakes, fruts and all sweet stuff. but now i feel just fine, i have my cofees black with sweetener.
this evening i cooked some homemade meatballs and a mug of lettuce,some parsley and spring onion i used as herbs for the meatballs.
i missed luch, but got fried chicken /not battered/ around 11 am.
and the worst thing about my usual eating habit is that i do feel starving late at night. before i would eat an apple. not sure what i should eat now.
thanks a lot

I know what you mean on the low calorie dressings, I was the same pd. I am fully confident plenty of protein, leafy veg & fat is the way to go now. It will curb your cravings. If you want two steaks have them! Before long our appetite will be curbed & you won't be able to eat so much. Some days I have to force myself to eat now, honest.
If you are desperate for a sweet kick try a sugar free jelly with double cream & there are lots of sweet mims on the sticky at the top of the page.
Good luck hun x

mims and some other treats

I know what you mean on the low calorie dressings, I was the same pd. I am fully confident plenty of protein, leafy veg & fat is the way to go now. It will curb your cravings. If you want two steaks have them! Before long our appetite will be curbed & you won't be able to eat so much. Some days I have to force myself to eat now, honest.
If you are desperate for a sweet kick try a sugar free jelly with double cream & there are lots of sweet mims on the sticky at the top of the page.
Good luck hun x

thanks Cinta.it is encouraging. so i will follow only what i read here. i already saw this nice treats for the egg crepe with sweetener;) i will definitely go for this when i have a real craving. but so far hot black decaf coffee with sweetener and Cig / i smoke/ distracts me completely. i take it as a treat anyway as i don`t smoke anywhere but the kitchen.
so i will wait and see when my hunger will curb? anf keep on greeny leafy salads and meat.
i forgot to mention that i don`t eat so far.
the cheese is my biggest weakness. once i start it i wil never stop eating.i can eat anything if there is cheese in it. so i better stay away, it is kind of obsession. even sweets are not so addictive to me

I love cheese. We have a whole shelf in the fridge for it :) It doesn't stall me thank goodness. My DH used to binge on it if we had any before, but now he can have it whenever he can he doesn't. The diet is wonderful :D

Hi and welcome, no further advice here really. :)

Back