The Haven ~~ Old Bra's

Minimunchkins

Gold Member
Fellow Mims, I'm after your Over Shoulder Boulder Holders / Suppa Doopa Boopa Scoopa's. :girlpower:

Some of you may recall my post on New Years Eve where I appealed for you all to check your boobs regularly - I had just been diagnosed with Breast Cancer.

Anyway as part of the ongoing treatment for this bloody disease, I was directed to a place called The HAVEN. It's a charitable organisation (www.thehaven.org.uk) that helps anyone involved with breast cancer, patients, family or friends. They provide treatments, advice & support but being a charity need all the help they can get. I seem to have joined their throng just when my local centre are appealing for old bras - not exactly sure what they will do with them or where the money comes from but, if they want them, who am I to question it :rolleyes:

I was hoping that if you were considering a clear out, you might consider sending whatever you can to :

The Haven
37 St Owen Street
HEREFORD
HR1 2JB

Very many thanks in anticipation.

Chris :thankyou:

How well timed - I've got a big bin-bag of old underwear that mostly just doesn't fit anymore. I'll have a look and see what I can send over to them.

I believe that they sell them abroad to places where such things are in high demand but cost a fortune new..

Fellow Mims, I'm after your Over Shoulder Boulder Holders / Suppa Doopa Boopa Scoopa's. :girlpower:

Some of you may recall my post on New Years Eve where I appealed for you all to check your boobs regularly - I had just been diagnosed with Breast Cancer.

Anyway as part of the ongoing treatment for this bloody disease, I was directed to a place called The HAVEN. It's a charitable organisation (www.thehaven.org.uk) that helps anyone involved with breast cancer, patients, family or friends. They provide treatments, advice & support but being a charity need all the help they can get. I seem to have joined their throng just when my local centre are appealing for old bras - not exactly sure what they will do with them or where the money comes from but, if they want them, who am I to question it :rolleyes:

I was hoping that if you were considering a clear out, you might consider sending whatever you can to :

The Haven
37 St Owen Street
HEREFORD
HR1 2JB

Very many thanks in anticipation.

Chris :thankyou:

Brilliant, fantastic. Being involved with something like this is so good for you.

Thinking of you.

hugs xxxx

I am having a clear out this week of all my old things. Have gone down 2 cup sizes so have quite a few unwanted bras needing good homes lol :)

Whoop -I have been having a clear out and have plenty of bras waiting to go, as my band is getting smaller and my cup is getting bigger in proportion :p
I kept them on one side as I didn't want to put them in the clothing re-cycle bins as some are new :sigh:... NOW I know what to do with them :clap:

By the way -I hope you are doing well Chris!

I've got loads! I never throw them out as my weight yo-yos a bit.

I will defintiely send them in as it's for such a good cause...also gives me an excuse to shop when I shift the weight ;)

HEEHEEHEE

A very big thank you to all who've posted and to all who haven't but still intend to send contributions. :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Fellow Mims - have been to drop off some bits today and learned that they've had some anon donations through the post. If it's from you - thanks, thanks & thanks again as I learned today that I'll probably have to have chemo so will no doubt be utilizing the Haven's facilities.

Also, discovered that they're going to be pulled apart and recycled by component parts (metal & material mostly). Therefore the condition of said articles is irrelevant. Thanks again.

Back