The joy of changing.....

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by botozi, 3 December 2007 Social URL.

1. botozi

botozi Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Wednesday i have my 4th weigh in and i guess there will be 10 kg off by then (hope some more but we shall see). I see my body change and my belly is really shrinking, my mood is no longer depressed but happy and "charming". Last week i met someone i know, he looked at me and i saw a surprise. "You look different but i can't lay my finger on it". A slightly little smile appeared on my face and i told him i was loosing weight. He didn't see that but he saw a real change and kept shaking his head. I work only with man and when i'm talking to them i see them observing me. They also see a change but what is it? It's definitely the weight loss combined with a change in attitude. I imagine that they see the pretty woman in me coming out. Last Saterday i saw a friend who knows i'm on cd and she was so enthusiastic. I was wearing a very short denim skirt with long boots in which she had never seen me before. She noticed the weight loss and said i looked fantastic. Wow, what a boost!
    For me it's "just" 10 kg (a rough guess) i lost and i'm still a big girl but my self esteam is growing with the day.
    I know it won't take long before the world notices my weight loss and o man, i will enjoy all the compliments which are ahead of me. In the meantime i enjoy looking at all those surprised faces and giving them a big smile back.

Sorry for the long story guys but this is so good for my English:p

Hugs
    botozi

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lil K

Lil K Addicted to Minimins

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(13.3%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Hi botozi

Good to hear that you are starting to reap the rewards from your weight loss journey. From your post it is obvious that it is having a wonderful effect on your self esteem.

Quite recently someone noticed for the first time that I had lost weight - and I was over the moon (and had a silly little smile on my face, and a warm glow inside for the rest of the day).

Enjoy all of the compliments that come your way, and I am sure there will be more and more as you continue your weight loss journey.

Keep up the good work - you are doing so well!!

4. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

it is great that you are gaining such a positive change in your self esteem and confidence. I notice an improvement in mine but because I keep reading of the big changes others have observed in themselves I think I may have too high expectations for myself.

Every now and then I find myself thinking about the changes in my self esteem and confidence and although I have noticed changes I think I have an expectation that I'll be really different when actually I might not be. Noone has made any comment to me about my seeming different in myself. I wonder if they don't notice or if I am not that different.

Hmmm. Enough self reflection. It is great to read your posts botozi and your english is very good (as I have come to expect of those from the Netherlands).

5. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Wonderful to hear you sounding so positive and loving every minute of your journey. You are quite right that the compliments will be soon be flooding in - enjoy every minute and well done on your losses so far!

Georgie
    xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.