The last damn stone!

northernboi

I'm really pleased with my losses so far on Slimming World. I've slipped a couple of times but I've never put weight on or stayed the same. The least I've lost in a week has been 1lb. When I have slipped, I've always managed to pull it back by doing a couple of Success Express days or adding lots of speed foods for a few days.

I've lost 3 stone 2lbs since around September when I started. So I guess I've now got (about) a stone to go. I don't really know how to work out my target, my consultant says it's entirely up to me as long as I'm in a healthy BMI, which I think I'm about 1lb off!

But I'm going to try for one more stone. And everyone I ever speak to about loosing weight says 'it's get so difficult in the last stone'. The target members in my group are always saying 'oh the first few stone are quite easy - but you've got to be really strict at the end to get the last stone off otherwise you just don't loose weight!'.

Even my consultant pulled me to one side this week and said 'this can't go on forever and when you do stay the same or put on a pound or two, don't be disheartened. Stick with it'. Which kinda sounded like a bad omen!

I'm not noticing it getting much harder, my losses have slowed down for sure, none of that 5lb in a week business any more, but I'm still averaging about 1.5-2lb per week.

So: target members or those close - what can I do? Should I think about adding something or doing something different to shift the last stone easier? What did you do?

Personally I would stick to what you have been doing!!
You have done really well with the losses so far and yes ok things will slow down dramatically as you come to the end of your journey, but you may be one of the lucky ones that will be able to loose regardless.
I dont think your consultant should have said that to you either, she should have just prepared you for the fact that things slow, rather than you sticking or gaining.
You know how your body works, so keep at it!

Kerry-Ann

I agree.. keep doing what works. If it aint broke dont fix it ...

Well done on your fab weight loss so far.. you must be very proud :D

There is a man at my group who has lost consistently every single week right down to his target weight which he got on Monday. So you may well be one of those people who will consistently loose the weight right until your target. I would carry on as you are and see what happens.

The only thing you may need to do is slightly reduce your portion size, or add some more exercise into your routine to balance out your calorie intake. My SWC did say that men lose weight a lot easier than women- can't remember the reason why though!

There is also 2 ladies in my group who only had a stone each to lose to get to target and they consistently lost 1.5lbs each week and reached their targets on Monday too. So not everyone will struggle to get to target.

Also, weight is just a number. You may feel that you are happy with how you are from your clothes size and how you look, rather than what the scales say. Just do whatever you feel happy with and I wish you all the best x

Well done an a fantastic weight loss in such a short space of time!

As has been said, not everyone slows right down as they get to target, and I've seen it so many times that men in particular don't experience this. They have a higher metabolic rate apparently, that's why the seem to lose it quicker than women.

I'd say carry on as you are, but if you do find yourself getting a bit stuck, try to have as many speed foods as you can.

I saw the dietician yesterday and he was talking about hitting a plateau. He says more often than not, you can hit a plateau for a while and then all of a sudden your body kick starts again for no particular reason.

If you're having a regular weight loss of between 1 and 2 pounds, and you're only a stone from target, you'll be there in no time and that's the given health guidelines range to lose each week.

Good luck on your trip to target!!

Stick with what you're doing! I would be delighted with losses like that!

I agree stick with it, i lost 1.5lbs a week the majority of the time, occasionally i lost a bit more or a bit less, when i was nearing target it slowed a bit one week i'd lost 1.5lbs the next week i'd sts, i did a week of SE and lost 4lbs, did normal plan for a couple of weeks then did SE again and lost 3lbs, continued on normal plan for the last couple of pounds. You will get there. xxx

Not too bad, dropped my target down another 7lbs as couldn't stop loosing, but this happened last time, my body was finding its natural weight. Its now just finding the happy medium of what extra thing i can eat. Hope you feel better soon. xxx

That's really good, glad it's working out for you. Was your consultant okay with you dropping your target like that? I wasn't sure whether I would get away with doing that as I thought it might look like I was just getting in for free but still loosing!

She was fine about it, I don't think she'd think i was doing that as i wouldn't do that, i did explain to her when i set my original target what had happened last time so we would see how it went. God i hope she doesn't think that i was trying to get some free weeks i would be so embarrased if she did. xxx

stick with it trouble because you know you can do it and looks like it shouldnt take long
Gen xx

Thanks for all your replies!

I guess I'm just kinda anxious because I actually haven't found it all that difficult. I'm also worried about it staying off once I've lost it all - but that's another thread for another day!

Back