The little things that show you care

alexisemma31

Does your hubby/partner do little things that shows you he cares?

Mine does absolutely nothing:cry:

Mine does near enough nothing too, to be honest. Nearest thing is getting occasional emails at work when someone at his work has said something funny... been driven to the point of arguments recently, with me asking him please can he do something, or arrange a date or something, rather than leaving it to me, I fear if I didn't organise things, we wouldn't do anything or go anywhere... his response was "why, you're better at that sort of thing"

Men.....

It's easy to get complacent in relationships and take what we have for granted. Have you told him you feel neglected or a bit out of sorts?

aww u should tell him how u feel. :( i have to say my husband is great he tells me he's proud of me all the time and calls me beautiful everyday and that he doesnt care about my weight he just wants me to be happy and feel good about myself. he eats all the slimming world meals which makes everything easier for me too and doesnt eat sweets, chcolate etc in front of me. im very lucky :)

I agree - you need to tell him how you feel. He may not have realised.

Has it been that way always, or just recently?

How do you show him that you care? what sort of things are you after?

What has made you ask this question? has something happened?

Sending you lots of love x

On my wedding day i walked down the aisle all dressed up after 4 hours in hair & make uo and my OH said ' blimey look at you' - his best mate was crying...... Neither reaponse surprised me in the slightest! My OH has never been the most demonstrative bloke in the world, and i'm happy with that - but if your OH behaviour is annoying you say something. I have had to on occasion over the last 11 years, politely request of my OH that he makes an effort - and he always obliges.
Plus - the boy has fantastic taste in jewellry :)

this post makes me sad :( i hope that you two can discuss it and work it out.

im so very lucky. I could not, possibly find anyone better than my OH who will take me as i am.. i am messy and he cleans up around me, i start bickering and nag him and he doesnt bite, infact he quite often appologises first because i am too stubborn. iv never washed a plate in my life.. he brings me flowers to work because im poorly, he rings and texts me every few hours, to check i am okay.. ask me how my day is.. he constantly praises me or tells me i look great.. he is a diamond with my family and is the only gentleman i know to still kiss a lady on the cheek when he greets her, no matter how many times he's met that person or even a complete stranger and meeting first time.. he does SO much for me, i hate to admit it.. but id be ****ered if he left.

I wouldn't say it was little ;P but he certainly does them for me heehee

[edit]
(my partner took advantage whilst I was afk, me thinks he is a bit of a fantasist ;) )

i think lots of men if not most can get a little stuck in a rut and take there partners for granted. hubby did for a while when he was studying it took me making him move out for a while to come to his senses lol x

What is afk???

My husband is great, he does all the washing and ironing and often cooks.

Men are simple souls
1) they don't get hints no matter how big, if you're upset he needs to be told and why!
2) they aren't very inventive, so if he offers to buy a takeaway then he's trying to help
3) Men respond like with like, so if you want affection, be affectionate

My bf has just told me he isn't going to watch Chelsea play tomoro because he's saving his money to see me next weekend.

That's about the height of our romance, but it works for me :)

awww you come before footie go you hehe x

Maverick said:
My bf has just told me he isn't going to watch Chelsea play tomoro because he's saving his money to see me next weekend.

That's about the height of our romance, but it works for me :)

Ha! That is a real compromise for some men. Good to see you have him well trained:)

I would not know where to start with how considerate, loving and thoughtful my lovely husband is.

He has the knack of knowing what I am going to do next or what I need and providing it for me.

After 26 years he still opens doors for me, treats me like Dresden china and loves me without reservation.

In return I live to love him.

Soppy ??? Yup and it is wonderful.

I would not know where to start with how considerate, loving and thoughtful my lovely husband is.

He has the knack of knowing what I am going to do next or what I need and providing it for me.

After 26 years he still opens doors for me, treats me like Dresden china and loves me without reservation.

In return I live to love him.

Soppy ??? Yup and it is wonderful.

Thats so lovely, i hope me and my husband are like that in 26 years :) x

My OH is fabulous, he does loads for me and is always asking on payday what he can do to spoil me... I'm a huge control freak, so he knows not to do surprises, lol!!!

At the moment to support my weightloss he is putting a pound in a jar for every pound I lose... going to buy something pretty (probably quite slutty) when I get to goal. He's also buying a bead for my charm necklace for every stone I lose.

If he every did stop with the nice touches I'd tell him... he's used to me nagging and is very good about ignoring the horrible tone of my voice and picking up on the content of the nagging, lol!!! x

Mine is a darling, at Xmas because I dont like choc and I was following SW so didn't want my usual jelly baby advent calendar, I asked for a traditional calendar, doors to open with santa/angels/snowmen behind them, what he bought me was a cloth advent with 24 pockets and wrapped me 24 mini pressies diary/earrings/bracelts/knickers etc I was very happy

Back