the newbe....

fatarse

hi everyone have just come across your site and so far so good i have never tried slimfast before so thought what the hell i have 3 stones to lose [im aiming for aug]:(
my husband is off to dubai for a year leaving kids n me here so were spending the school hols over there so im determined not to resemble a beached whale :break_diet:i started on sunday but am suffering really bad headaches could anyone tell me if this is just the body re-adjusting to liquid?????
cheers maria......

Hi Maria
I personally didn't get any headaches but I do drink lots of water. Are you drinking enough? Try to get at least 2litres if you can.

When you change your diet you should expect a few side effects but they shouldn't last too long. It is probably just your body adjusting to the diet. If you aren't drinking much I would guess you are slightly de-hydrated and that may be the reason for the headaches. If they don't ease off soon I would recommend seeing your doctor to be on the safe side.

Hope that helps
BL x

Oh sorry I forgot to say WELCOME and best of luck with your weight loss. With some good losses I would hope you could reach your target by August (if not you should be close). You have a great motivation and that will really help. The people on here are great and so supportive. We will be starting a new May Challenge soon where we all set targets and post our weigh in results every week. Join in if you want. We all encourage each other and help with motivation.

Good luck!

Hey Maria Welcome to slimfast!

I got headaches and light headedness when I first started so had to up my water intake to 2 Litres a day (at first I spent a lot of time on the loo as the water went straight through but now Im used to it!)

Hi Maria

I got bad headaches to begin with but think that was because of the cafine intack (use to drink about six/seven cans of redbull on a bad day). I now don't drink redbull (well have had one can since January) and feel so much better for it.

I don't drink that much water anymore as to be honest I got bored with it but am sure I will up that in the summer.

Take care
FF

Good luck Maria, As BL said drink plenty and hopefully that should shift the headaches.
Keep us posted on your progress xx

hi... thanks everyone for the welcome and advice i kind of wondered about the water i don,t tend to bother so yesterday filled a massive jug with sugar free squash(do i have to count that???) and spent ALL eve you know where!!!! good job ive been done or my hubby may have wondered bout little feet pattering.... ha ha and yes today no headache... i would like to take up the may challenge how do i do it, and those charts you all have????

Hi again

I will start up a thread on Monday called MAY CHALLANGE. Simply go in there (it is under the other diets, slimfast section) and pledge what you wish to lose.

We all add something to our signature which says what we have lost and when we weigh in.

Good luck

i see..... thank you hopefully i should get some good results that will be my 1st weekly weigh in in my diary... m

Hi Maria
Glad to see the headache has gone. I personally wouldn't count the squash. You will get used to the fluid and will find you wont be rushing to the toilet quite as often!

Heres a good guide as to how to do a ticker
http://www.minimins.com/w8-formerly-weight-matters/31764-ticker.html
Simply put; if you click on one of our tickers it will take you to a website where you can set up your ticker. Then copy and paste the BB code into your signature and hey presto its done. Every week when it needs updating just click on your own ticker and change the numbers. Easy peasy! And great motivation top see your progress.

Hope that helps
BL x

Back