The power of perfume!

Isis

Ancient Egypt Nut!
Hiya Folks :)

Thought I'd share this.

Just been off having a shower etc and getting ready to nip out. Feeling a tad glum today but trying hard to ignore it so when it came to putting a squirt of spray on just now I thought...mmm....fancy a whiff of one of my fav smells....Armani Elle:)

Usually in the day time I will just use Impulse body spray. Goddess and Siren being 2 of my favourites:cool::D and my special smells for evenings.

Anyway, putting on my Armani just now and soaking up the smell has made me feel better, lifted my mood and I will shortly float round Tesco's wafting it everywhere....lol

What's your favourite perfume to lift you and make you special?:D

(and if you hate Armani Elle, don't tell me today please....;):D)

Lacey..xx :D

My favourite is Issey Miyake, Eau d'Issey. I keep it for 'good'

Actually I usually tend to wear it when Im meeting someone in particular, as a result the smell of it now has the association with them and always makes me feel better :) (just like they do :) )

i totally know what you mean.. like.. totally.. whenever i smell ultra violet.. i just smile.. cos it means happiness to me.. :D

x x x

My favourite is Issey Miyake, Eau d'Issey. I keep it for 'good'

Actually I usually tend to wear it when Im meeting someone in particular, as a result the smell of it now has the association with them and always makes me feel better :) (just like they do :) )

I adore this smell too Sandy :D

i totally know what you mean.. like.. totally.. whenever i smell ultra violet.. i just smile.. cos it means happiness to me.. :D

x x x

..and definitely this one as well Cat..!! :D

I associate Versace Diamonds with some "special" and very pleasurable times..:eek:;):D

Clinique Happy never fails to work for me:)

I love vera wang princess im a perfume addict u name it i have it!! cant leave the house without spraying perfume

I love vera wang princess im a perfume addict u name it i have it!! cant leave the house without spraying perfume

You lucky girl then!!...lol They ain't cheap are they but there again WE ARE WORTH IT!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

My Fav is Chanel Madamoseille..love it.

Hedgemag, this is my favourite as well:)

But felt I needed a change for the summer and I am using Shiseido Zen and I am growing very fond of it.

Totally agree with you Lacey how perfume lifts the spirits.

Favourite perfumes

OOOH... i am another fan of Chanel Mademoiselle and spray it all over (blow the cost, im worth it too!!!) probably my favourite favourite!

I love Clinique Happy, Aromatics (wintery fragrance to me), most of Estee Lauder's range - white linen, beautiful and even youth dew;

Versace woman is gorgeous to me too - my husband came home once and told me a 'woman' he met was wearing it - not quite sure what to make of that - draw your own conclusions when he asked me to have it too.... hee hee hee.... (think he just liked it!!)

I recently sprayed Dior J'Adore and hated it, but later in the day i kept smelling it as it was gorgeous!

Does anyone else have perfume 'moods' - i have to be in the right mood to wear a certain perfume! Elizabeth Ardens cheapie green tea is fresh and light and i love acqua di gio -

oooh, i am sounding like a boots counter......
so i will stop now!

Smells - gorgeous way of lifting your mood or sending subliminal messages - :rolleyes:

Mikki xxx

Love Issy, Chanel Allure, Chanel coco, Clarins eau dynamisante

Hate Chanel no5

:)

Sorry, I'm a cheapie!

For work I wear Body Shop White Musk. We aren't allowed to wear anything strong or overpowering.

For karate/kickboxing I use Body Shop Vanilla cus it's very strong and sweet so if I get a little too hot I won't be overpowered by BO!!!

In the evening and at weekends, just for general going out I love CK Be. It's been my favourite for years.

For special occasions I just adore CK into U. I bought it for my wedding so I think of that amazing day everytime I smell it.

I love this years CK one Summer and I plan on getting some on payday.

Other faves are Polo sport for women (no longer available unfortunately) and Tommy Girl but that is quite girly so I have to be in the right mood for that one!

Was getting ready to go out the other night, and my son walked in, he is 19, where you going? he says, out I says. He then said do you know what mam, when your dead if I smell that smell I will think of you! he is reffering to "Nina Ricci Premier Jour" I love it! but not as much as I love my son... LOL

P.S During the day time everything is Dove, and thats what I will be when I am dead!!! floating about keeping an eye on my boy, he he!

I love perfume and only ever have 'expensive' ones....:eek:

At the moment I have on my dressing table.....

Ralph by Ralph Lauren (obv!!)
Burberry London
CKin2U
Escape by CK
Eternity by CK
Cerrutti Image

mmm think that's it....

I am a bit sad and wear perfumes associated with colours....:eek: for example Ralph - I would wear with blues/pinks/whites it's light and fresh so summery type perfume....

Things like Burberry and Escape are heavier so I wear them with darker clothes....

(Does that make me sound mad.... well I am anyway...lol)

I wore Eternity on my wedding day and always associate that smell with my special day....

When I was younger I wore White Linen by Estee Lauder and loved it but tried it a few months ago and it was vile.... Also wore Opium and Coco and I loved Samsara too.....

I love perfumes in general but not very brave to try different ones.... I like what I like so to speak....:D

Hey we should do an aftershave thread.... what get's us going.....;)

Mine would be old fav's like

Jazz
Kourous
Aramis

New ones

Hugo Boss (not sure of the name but it's in a sphere type bottle - OMG it's lush!)

I love "hot" by Ralph Lauren (if you love coconuts and tropical smells this is incredibly lush).
I use to love Chanel No5 but that many old grandmas wear it at my place of work it now reminds me of old ladies.
Princess by Vera Wang...very sweet and almost like Palma Violets.
And finally Elle by YSL - fresh and clean but with seductive undertones.

Lol I used to love Samasara too but when I smell it now it reminds me of all the late nights and hang overs I used to have as a whippersnapper. Brings back fond memories.

I'm a Clinique Aromatics girl (I've worn it since i was 17...I've never gone off it).

I've got quite a few other bottles on the go at the minute, and one had the potential to be a favourite but they've discontinued it! (typical really...)

Loulou reminds me of school, Chanel No5 reminds me of my mum, and Harmony Hairspray reminds me of my first kiss!

xxx

Back