The Sinful Vegan

Hi there! Sorry to hear about your scale malfunction.

I really like the vegetable korma, and the laksa. Both really tasty. I have the korma on top of a jacket potato instead of rice sometimes, so filling and proper stodgy comfort food!

I am also a cook book junky. I REALLY want the new Ms Cupcake one, but probably not the best idea while I'm trying to lose weight. Vegonomicon is also good, but would need more tweaking than AFR to make the recipes more SW friendly.

One thing I haven't tried making yet is tofu scramble - may attempt that for brunch on sunday.

Hello, another vegan here! :)

I have the Ms Cupcake Book. It's awesome, but definitely not much use for following SW!

I love tofu scramble. Vegan Brunch by Isa Chandra Moskowitz has a really good basic recipe I use, just without the oil. It uses thyme, cumin, tumeric and nutritional yeast to season it, along with salt. I often add onions peppers and mushrooms as well, in any combination, it's really tasty!

Appetite for Reduction is one of my favourite cookbooks (I'm a bit of an addict too :) ) - I haven't tried the korma or laska though, I must give them a go!

Hello, another vegan here! :)

I have the Ms Cupcake Book. It's awesome, but definitely not much use for following SW!

I love tofu scramble. Vegan Brunch by Isa Chandra Moskowitz has a really good basic recipe I use, just without the oil. It uses thyme, cumin, tumeric and nutritional yeast to season it, along with salt. I often add onions peppers and mushrooms as well, in any combination, it's really tasty!

Appetite for Reduction is one of my favourite cookbooks (I'm a bit of an addict too :) ) - I haven't tried the korma or laska though, I must give them a go!

I actually have the Vegan Brunch book, thanks for the heads-up, I'll try that recipe with your tweaks on Sunday. I'm terrible, I often buy cook books just to read them. I absolutely LOVE Isa. Apparently she did a signing at Ms Cupcake's shop a while ago, but I found out too late to go :(

So happy about the growing number of vegans, on here and in general. Yippee!

I actually have the Vegan Brunch book, thanks for the heads-up, I'll try that recipe with your tweaks on Sunday. I'm terrible, I often buy cook books just to read them. I absolutely LOVE Isa. Apparently she did a signing at Ms Cupcake's shop a while ago, but I found out too late to go :(

So happy about the growing number of vegans, on here and in general. Yippee!

Hehe! There are lots of variations on the scramble in her book too.

I was tempted to drop everything and go to London for the signing too - I have all her books except the newest one, they're pretty awesome! :)

I've decided to just update my diary on my weigh in day, Tuesday, or report on any new recipes. It seems a bit boring to write down every day as I often eat the same foods.
I missed going to class last week as I had a nasty accident with my pressure cooker and didn't leave the house for over 10 days. I was very upset not to go as I am so new to SW. However, it was great to get back this week and have lost 2 1/2 lbs and got my first half stone award. My class is very nice and the ladies are very supportive and give lots of ideas about new recipes to try.
I had another disaster this week too as my scales stopped working and I was without any for almost a week whilst waiting for some more to arrive. I really do like to weigh each day, although some people say it's a bad idea. I find I do very badly if I can't weigh in each morning.
After my accident I also couldn't go to the gym or out for a walk every day, so missed all my usual exercise and I did get stressed out one day in the middle somewhere and had quite a severe binge on Muesli. However, it only lasted one day so didn't do much dammage.
We are eating winter foods now, lots of stews and curries. Today I have had the slow cooker on. I put wheat grain in it today, but my hubby didn't like it, so I will be eating the rest of it on my own. It was syn-free though.
Today I picked up my 100 Green recipe book from class. It has some lovely looking recipes in and I'm hoping to try a few out this week. I wrote to SW customer services to ask if the magazine is available in an accessible format. It really should be in this day-and-age. If not I may have to get out the scanner and read it that way.
Looking forward to another good week.

I love all Isa's books too. I have all except the new one, but am looking forward to owning that one soon. The cupcake book is absolutely fantastic! I have struggled to make nice cakes ever since being vegan. They always went wrong and I did not have the baking knowledge to understand what was going wrong. At the beginning of the book we are told that the instructions might seem a bit odd, but to follow them anyway. Ever since then I have been able to make the nicest cup cakes I've ever tasted and they turn out perfect every single time.
I haven't eaten one since starting on SW, but plan to sort out how many syns are in each cake this week so I can maybe have one. I also thought about trying to SW them a bit, but will be very cautious as I'm not very confident. I can't think of a nicer event than having Isa at the cup cake shop. I also like Lindsey Nickson's books but the recipes aren't always SW friendly, but can take some tweeking.

This week went really well, though it was very busy. I didn't get to try any new recipes and for a couple of days we ate our way through a huge roasting tin of mixed vegetables and red kidney beans.
I made a big batch of fairy cakes from the Naughty vegan cupcakes book and I did clean the bowl out after baking and ate one cake too.
At class I lost 3 1/2 lbs and was join slimmer of the week. I don't think I'll lose that much very often. I only need to lose 2 1/2 lbs now to get my first stone award Would be thrilled to do it this week, but being realistic, I think It's going to take 2 weeks.
Slimming World is offering a Christmas countdown in a couple of weeks, which I think gives 2 free classes. This will be worth doing and will ensure that I keep coming through the festive season.
I have a bag of fresh sprouts in this week and want to try a recipe which involves frying cooked ones with some maple syrup. Will have to carefully syn the syrup first though.
I actually rang the syn line this week to find out officially if there is any syns in gluten flour. I have seen in a few places on the net that it is free on a green day, but I want to know for sure. It took me a while to explain the difference between gluten flour and gluten-free flour, but the lady said she would find out and put it on the official website. I haven't seen it there yet and am not sure how long to leave it before finding out about it. It costs a few quid to ring this line and I'd be disappointed not to get a result. Will leave it one more week.

Usual oat groats and lentils for breakfast, these are really so filling and my favourite way to start the day.
I was quite hungry at dinner time, so I had a piece of wholemeal toast [hex B] with tofu on. Real comfort food.
In the afternoon I made 2 big batches of fairy cakes, one plain and one chocolate as the boys are watching the football here tonight and they love cakes. I can't make cakes without licking the bowl out afterwards. I can avoid the made cakes, no problem, but I just simply can't not clear out the bowl with my finger. I have no idea how many syns that would be, but it looked like about half a cakes-wort to me and as I've got 26 syns spare, I just enjoyed it and haven't eaten any of the actual cakes and won't either.
Comfort food again today as it's a bit cold and miserable. Baked potato and beans.
Supper Kellogg's F&F and 2 lovely little English apples which I had to share with the parrot. Oh, and not to forget the 2 syns of whiskey.
As I don't know how many syns the cake mix was, Ive just decided to write off the whole 26 and start a fresh tomorrow, won't do any harm and I don't need a s-load of syns for anything this week.
Hiya,
Are you counting oat groats like a whole grain ( free) or sunning them? Thanks very much 😀

Back