The Spoon and Me -- Bronski's Diary

hey you. found you!! :)

good luck with your driving test today. can't wait to hear how it goes :D

abz xx

Just popped in to say hello :wavey:
Hope you have a nice day hun!

morning bron

Good luck with driving test look forward to hear how u done,,,, on teh dried fruit front yeah is a brilliant way for upping fruit intake and for little nibbles when u feel ur gonna waste away from starvation.

Best of luck on the driving test! I bet you kicked butt!:D

Hey everyone!

Rori: I'm very glad I did this test in secret! I'm definitely going that route next time. Oo, yay for trying all the veggie stuff! I love my veg :D Erm... iron and protein, about that... Nah, I tend to do OK. Dried fruit tends to be quite high in iron, and protein I get through nuts, seeds and pulses. Though my iron intake probably leaves a lot to be desired, considering over the counter supplements.

Abz: You caught me :D Thanks for luck, babe!

Silence: Thanks for swinging in! *big waves*

Kazzy: Thanks for luck! Mmmm... I love my dried fruit, especially dried banana! More expensive than banana chips, but so much tastier!

Caz: Thanks for the luck :D

Welp, I didn't pass my test. Just the one major this time (first time was two) I didn't leave enough room between me and another car. I just kinda freaked out because I'd been waiting to go for ages and felt like I was missing too many opportunities. Never mind, better luck next time!

Food today has been spot on so far: porridge and maple syrup for breakfast; apple, vegan cheese, two slices of bread with marmite and a handful of dried sultanas for lunch.

Going to have a slice of toast with maple syrup about 6pm, then tea later. I'm running a race tonight, only about 4miles, and will need something to be going on with.

Cheers, everyone :)

Bron

:cry:for not passing your test this time but you will have learnt from it and pass it next time,

:D for having a good food day and enjoy your race tonite

Kazzy: Totally, I try and take every mistake and learn from it so next time I know what to do. Next time, in theory, I shall pass! :D

Abz: Thanks, babe. I'm dead set on passing third time. I'm very much like my mum, and she passed third time. Hopefully there's something in the genes...

Race went really well! It involved the dreaded Spout Hill, which everyone has been talking fearfully of for months! About 70% of runners walked up, but I managed to run the entire thing :D Did the course in 34.10, which I'm quite happy with considering I only got back into training last week.

Rest of food has been pretty good, just having tea now. Had slice of toast with maple syrup pre run, handful of grapes post run, leftover wedges and falafal with noodles, veg, beans and soy sauce and green beans. Will have some dried fruit after.

So far so good, finger's crossed for weigh in at the end of the week :D

Bron

ETA: I left half the noodles!! There's dinner tomorrow :D So pleased! Had some dates after. Joyjoy :bunnydance:

Last edited:
well done babes!! walking up hills fills me with dread. let along running up them!! ha.

abz xx

Hey bron! Don't fret it about the test. I took a few times to pass as well but got there in the end!

Well done with your weight loss so far, and you're so close to your wedding now!! All ready now? I admire you making your own dress: are you quite sewing proficient then?

well done bron walking up hills kills me never mind runing up then i get to top and am looking for the oxygen lol when none handy its the old inhaler out to try revive me ahh the joys of being fat pmsl.

your getting good at leaving some tea over well done.

Hey sorry to hear about the driving test! But never mind, you'll be hitting that frog and toad in no time! I had to sit 3 times to pass mine and yet I had been driving since I was 13! Bush bashing mind you but still, behind a wheel as far as I am concerned. lol

Fantastic job on the food intake and exercise! I am going to start to walk a hill here. It is one metre short of a mountain, so it should be interesting. The last time I attempted it, I too, like Kazzy, needed oxygen!! It was really embarrassing actually, I only got half way and ended up curled up on the side of the road hyperventilating. My daughter had to run down the hill and get hubby to bring the car up to come and get me. I only lost a few brain cells that day, thank god, but I will attempt it again soon.

Good luck with your next test! Bat the eyelashes here and there, hey nothing wrong with using our womanly ways to get what we want! :sign0151:

Abz: Thanks babe! In the words of the great fell runners, going uphill is the easy bit ;)

PurpleButterfly: Thanks for the test reassurance. I know a lot of people can take a few attempts to pass; my fiance did on his 5th try. But on the otherhand, about three quarters of my friends passed 1st time. Smart alecs! Haha! Sadly, I'm not that good at sewing, really, but my future MIL can't do beading (her eyesight's not that good) so I've been deligated to the fiddly parts!

Kazzy: Hehe, thanks sweetheart! I think some days I could use a magic inhaler, especially when the pollen's up! And that's the joys of hayfever ;) Thanks for the encouragement on leaving the food behind! It's getting to a point where I know I'm satisfied, which is ace!

Caz: Heh, I like that: frog and toad :) Third time's the charm, that's what I'm thinking! Oo, good luck with the mountain! Take it easy, tackle a little bit at a time, and you'll soon be able to do the whole thing in one swoop! Ahaha!! Womanly ways, I did debate stroking the examiner's knee whenever I reached for the gear stick... and wearing a low cut top, mini skirt and suspenders!!

Went for another run this morning, about 4/4.5 miles. Up another hill, I'm a glutten for punishment!! Food's going well so far too:

Breakfast: sultanas with 50g dry maple and pecan cereal
Snack: handful grapes
Lunch: apple, two slices of bread with Marmite, vegan cheese, some kind of dried fruit.

One thing you will all steadily learn about me; I have a very samey diet!

Thanks for visiting, everyone :)

Bron

nothing wrong with having a samey diet i think most people generally do ,,, i know sometimes when im shopping im like i want something different then come away with the same things lol

I just like what I have I guess; Marmite's incredibly low in kcals, vegan cheese is much lower in kcals than regular cheese, an apple a day... Anything different feels like it wouldn't hold out 'til tea or would be too high in kcals.

Rest of the day has been spot on! Held off on the dried fruit so it was more of a late snack before I went out (I'm a leader at a local Guide unit - don't laugh!!) and had cous cous, vegan fish cakes and med veg for tea, with sultanas and three dried apricots after. Left two of the fishcakes.

Tomorrow is going to be an interesting day. It's the vegan society meal out, so probably won't end well. It'll end tasty though, the restaurant is truly incredible! So because of this, I'm pushing weigh day forward to tomorrow, but I won't post my weight until friday in the friday forum. Finger's crossed though!

Bron

I almost bought marmite last night, and couldn't reason why it was suddenly on my to-buy list, especially as I've never even tried it before. I think I just figured out where it's come from though! lol Anyways, I put it back because it was nearly $6 a jar!

Random question of the day.... have you ran treadmills before? If so, is it much more difficult to actually run out on the streets? I can hold my own pretty well on a treadmill but then I'm worried actually getting out on those streets is a whole different ball game and i'll end up falling flat on my face in a wheezy pile!

Good luck at the vegan society meal, at least be encouraged that whatever you're eating isn't processed-full-of-crap-crap!

Enjoy the vegan society meal out hun!!!

Enjoy the meal out ,,, and dont beat yourself up about it your doing well

Yeah exactly, just go and enjoy yourself you can always just cut back as necessary if you need to..... The advantage of doing CC is that you can still go and have whatever once in a while. :D consider it learning healthy ways of dining out :D

Rori: I am so a lover of Marmite!! Though at $6 a pop... man, not sure if I love it that much... What you need is a Brit pack sending; Golden Syrup, Angel Delight, Marmite and Worcestershire sauce... all the stuff that's unavailable or mega expensive! Oo the food at this place is definitely free from any kind of crap, it is *amazing!!*

Silence: Thanks babe, I certainly will :D

Kazzy: Hopefully I won't do anything too silly to beat myself up over :) Though generally, the food is very veggie filled so if anything I'll have my five a day for the next two weeks!

PB: Thank you, and you're so right about CC! It's magic for budgeting around what you want :D A learning curve, totally. A tasty one at that! Hehe! I'm going to try learn from previous mistakes, I usually end up eating so much that it hurts, and I don't want to do that tonight.

------------------

OK, weigh in was not good. Worse than what my worst possible scenario would have been. As I'm too lazy to open the advanced edit page, just imagine a crying smilie --> here <-- I'll reveal tomorrow, and let in some dancing bunny squatters.

I think my weight's gone through a bit of a rollercoaster; 2 weeks eating fast food nearly every night in the States, then almost a week of barely eating while I was ill, then a week of partying, drinking and eating random rubbish because I was well enough to. Also, I'm pretty certain I'm due, which probably won't help.

Maybe it'll take time, maybe once TOM hits the squatters will go. We'll find out though, and I'm damn set on working harder at getting rid of this weight!

On a random side note, the actual link to my diary in the URL bar has shortened The Spoon and Me to "spoon-me." That's made me smile!

Bron

Back