The Spoon and Me -- Bronski's Diary

your bodys been thru alot so maybe its rebelling a little bit against it all give it time to settle and obviously totm will make a difference

I think you're right, Kazzy. It's been such a turbulant time, and I have a feeling I did gain quite a lot whilst I was away. I could sense it, so maybe I still have that weight to lose too. And curse that TOM! I think everyone around me is cursing it too!

Bron

2 weeks of fast food wil have made a huge difference to you but at least your aware of it and can work on it life is a rollercoaster as they say and as gem always says life is still for living

The fast food wasn't my idea. My friend and her mum just eats out like that every night. Personally cannot stand the fast food corps, I felt so dirty for supporting them.

Man, did I feel that difference! My skin just flared up in spots, I felt so lethargic, bloated... I swear, if I never see a Burger King again it'll be too soon...

Oo, by the way, this is the restuarant I'm going to tonight, Hitchcock's! Check out the sample menus, they're fantastic! It's Bob Marley Night tonight, I can't wait!

Back to drawing board now, will catch you guys later!

Bron

Oooh fast food is not good!

I reckon you'll lose the squatters easily once you get settled in a routine again.

How was the meal?

im not a huge fan of fast food either certainly not on a regular basis,,, tho occasionally i do crave a mcdonalds normally when im really hungover need to invest in bananas in future for the old hangover i think lol

Restuarant looks really good, not been in the old town for years last time was walking thru going to court pmsl ahhh well another story there

Wow! That restaurant looks amazing! We definitely do not have anything of that sort around here! Though i'm sure back in London they will have.

Don't worry about the weigh-in, I usually find the run up to totm worse than the actual time itself. My eating goes haywire, I get moody and want to comfort eat...just generally blah! But never fear, because next weeks weigh-in is a whole week of sensible eating, exercise and the occasional naughtiness away!

*now...if only I could swallow my own advice!*

Kazzy: Not a hair of the dog person then? :D You were at the Magistrates? How come? That's quite a way to go to court from Clydebank, isn't it?

Rori: Hitchcocks is amazing! London will probably have something close, London has everything! But Hitchcock's, however, will always be a product of the North :D I don't know anywhere else that does a different menu every night!

-----------------------------------

Time to reveal the weigh in... I gained 2kgs. Or, at least, I'm 2kgs heavier than what I was before I went to America. Which is a bummer, to say the least. I've put up some squatters - Evil, dancing, mocking bunny squatters - and hopefully, once TOM's been and gone, I'll see the safer side of the 60s again.

Hitchcock's was, as always, beyond awesome! I ate a lot, and can never turn down the vegan chocolate cake... But even though I ate 'til bursting (again) I did leave things on my plate that I knew I couldn't manage, which is an improvement.

On a slightly personal note, I went to family planning clinic today to go on the pill in preparation for wedding. Because I have a family history riddled with cancer and DVTs as a result of cancer, the nurse had to refer me to the inhouse doctor because I was - I quote - "interesting." But I have pills (can't go on the more common one, I'm in too high a risk band) which is good! I'm just a little concerned about the possible weight gain. Anyone got any advice on it?

Bron

I lived in hull with ex hubby and when we split he took it to court for the kids so was there for a custody battle all good fun pmsl.

No advice for the pill im on the implant so cant help there.

Dont worry to much about the weightgain as you know where its come from yes its a step back but at least u can take the next step forward so be positive and keep going

AWESOME!! You were a Hull girl! Sucks that your ex put you through so much agro though, though it sounds like it's ended OK, as I've heard mention of your kids in your diary.

Heh, I should probably practise what I preach, because I say to everyone else not to worry about gains. But I sat moping about mine yesterday! I know I shouldn't, I always say that once you've reached a weight once, there's no reason why you can't get there again. You're right, I will definitely make every step from now a positive, sunshine filled one with my head held high. It's a new week, and I have every chance to drop at least one of those squatters off a cliff.

I looked at the implant (they were keen to not put me on any pills at all) but I marked it as off limits as it involves anestetic, and needles give me the willies :)

TGIF everyone!

Bron

I also can't help you with the pill thing. I did used to take them for a while (the mini pill anyway) it didn't affect my weight though.. I just have a coil now though, it suits me.

Oo, mini pill's what they've given me for now! That's good to know it didn't affect your weight, that's a relief!

The nurse talked about the coil as well, what was that like for you? They said it was painful if you hadn't given birth... Sorry, just tell me to bugger off if that's a bit personal!

Bron

I didn't gain any weight on the pill Bron, I think it's a side effect that only effects certain people. Hopefully you will be one of the lucky ones too!

:wavey: morning bron! hope you have a nice weekend my lovely.

:) no problem bron.

The coil is the best solution for me personally. I have this thing that I don't like putting drugs and artificial hormones and stuff in my body unless I really have to. That's why I wanted to come off the pill; the coil I have is not one that has artificial hormones as well; just the coil.

When they actually put the coil in, it was not particularly painful just uncomfortable. I did my very best to relax because that makes a big difference for them being able to put it in (sorry if tmi!). It then was probably painful for about 12hrs. After that it's been absolutely fine, had it in for about 3yrs now and I have it checked every year or so. No other side effects for me, really, I'd recommend it.

Bet you're sorry you asked now, tmi lol!

can never be tmi info on any issues that affect womans lives i say ..... keep smiling bron you can do the weightloss

Happy Sunday All!

Heartbeats: Awesome, that's great to know! And such a relief; one of my friends put 2 stone on :eek:

Silence: Hey lovely! Thank you for the well wishes :)

PurpleButterfly: Hehe! Nothing phases me, no worries! Thanks for sharing! That makes sense, I'm not big on taking something everyday that alters my insides, and I'm not big on how the pills are likely developed (animal tested, most meds are.) But thanks for the info, that's really helped :) I'm going to see how the pill goes then decide.

Kazzy: Totally! I don't think there can ever be too much information, it doesn't bug me. Aww thanks babe :) I appreciate that!

---------------------

Urgh... Thursday - Saturday were not good at all. Thursday was Hitchcocks; Friday I had treats from the America box, flapjack in town, as well as a massive plate of chips and veggie cornish pasty for tea.

Yesterday was going swimmingly - ate right, went for a 6/7 mile run - then we had our Eurovision party... had 2 slices of garlic bread, 4 mini veggie spring rolls, loads of carrot sticks (good) with looooooads of houmous (not so good), 3/4 of a tear and share flatbread, small handful of chips, then chocolate gateaux after :copon: Major d'oh!

Today's had a better start: dry granola and sultanas for breakie; apple, vegan cheese, bread roll with marmite, dried fruit and a caramel Snack a Jack for lunch (which I'm just having now.) Tea TBC.

My fiance's sister had a baby this morning!! So we have a little nephew :D Probably won't meet him until the wedding - sis-in-law-to-be lives in Bristol - but at least most the crying/liquid pooing/vomiting phase will be out of the way!

Making dry run origami bouqets for my bridesmaids... need to buy paper later...

Have a good last of weekend all!

Bron

Congratulations on having a nephew,,,,,,, on the plus least u had a good run to help counteract all the food lol

Kazzy: Thanks :D I can't wait to meet him! Haha! Hopefully that run'll have made some impact, finger's crossed!

-------------------

Yesterday ended wonderfully! My dad made this very fancy, "floofy" dish! My brother said it was floofy, which did describe it well! Hehe! It was stuffing burger, mashed spuds with beetroot and spinach, all neatly layered, with a little pasta with tomato sauce. Then some dried fruit, mais oui, after!

Had a good start to today too; dry granola and sultanas for breakfast; handful of mixed, dried fruit before run; apple, vegan cheese, breadroll and marmite, dried fruit and a caramel snackajack for lunch; stuffing burger again for tea with something on the side. Ran for 7 miles this afternoon too, which was good.

Hitting the drawing board hard today. I'm taking some time out tomorrow to go to job centre and make my step mum a birthday cake, then wednesday I have a meeting with Prince's Trust. Finger's crossed they give me a business grant, then I can get a proper website built, get more work and then - with any luck - not have to sign on! Joy joy!

Bron

Back