The Spoon and Me -- Bronski's Diary

WWWWWWWWWWWWWoooooooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooo well done on the beading, and good luck with the roses sounds like its all going well, sounds like a fantastic run with tim`s dad. as for the food wellllllllllll theres always 2moro to start again on the good stuff lol no point being negative doesnt help anyone

Woo go you! Must be a big relief to finish the beading :D

Kazzy: *woot!* So pleased :D Especially as I hate sewing, my fingers felt like pincushions afterwards. You're right, there's always today to make up for Friday and Saturday, and at least I've only had two bad days, not the three there were last week.

abz: Yep, my wedding dress was made from scratch by my future MIL :) One of my future SIL sewed bead dragonflies on, and I've finished stitching the rest of the bead detail. Makes it feel so special :)

Ellie: YES!! Yes it is!!! Like I said, I hate sewing, the amount of times I stabbed myself over yesterday... luckily I didn't bleed, I don't think blood splatters would look too good on the white dress...

---------------------------

Well, sun's shining, weather is glorious, and I'm sat in the kitchen, in my Hull City shirt, listening to the Hull vs. Man U match. For anyone out of football loop - probably because they don't care, but I'll explain anyway :D - City is close to being knocked out of the Premiership league. If we win, we stay in. If we draw, we may survive, it depends on how Newcastle and Sunderland do too.

Anyway, having a better day today, and tea tonight is a buffet style thing, so I can serve myself, and avoid the quiches and coleslaw. If I eat vegan, then it'll be salad for me :D

Man U just scored :(

Got some more stuff to make bouquets with, so will get on with that while I listen.

Enjoy the long weekend!

Bron

Daft question and I'm sure you've told us... but when is the wedding?

How did City do?
I'm a rugby fan myself - Hull FC all the way!!!

Hope you enjoyed your weekend lovely.

I don't think I have said, Silence! It's 27th June :D Not long at all now! Wish it was 2010, could reeeeeeeeally do with more time to plan things!!

City itself lost, it was 1-0 to Man U :( *but* because Newcastle lost, we're still in the Premiership :D :D :D YAYS!!!!!!

Rugby does look a lot of fun, but I don't have a club what goes on with it! But FC is the way to go of the two, good choice :D

Tea was pretty good, had loooooads of salad, couple of bread rolls with olive oil, two leftover veggie sausages, salsa and raisens after. My biggest downfall was picking at the nachos, but it's been a spot on day aside from that, I feel.

Got a bouquet finished!!! I'll take a picture to show you all at some point, I am so proud of it :D

Bron

Oooooh wowzers, really not long to go until you're going to be a Mrs! Go you! :D Have you got a honeymoon planned as well?

Definitely want to see pics of the bouquet, and of the dress! In fact of all of it really....

You're quite the crafty person huh? It must be so nice to envisage something and then actually see it through to the final stages! Wedding in just over four weeks??? That's so exciting! Besides all the crazy planning and last minute things to do of course! lol

Good luck with the next month or so in the run up to the wedding Bron! I bet it's going to be hectic!

My friend is a big rugby fan and she sort of got me into it. She lives in Hull and so we go watch a match every now and again. My rugby education started with rule 1 - Hate Hull Kingston Rovers. lol.

Hope you're enjoying the bank hol!

Ellie: Nope, not long at all! Which is making it all the more stressful! It'll be worth it though, I know. We're honeymooning in Belgium; my family have a house there, and we love the area. And the ferry that we take to get there :D

Rori: Argh!! Don't say 4 weeks, that makes it too close ;) Hehe! I'm pretty crafty, but I'm also pretty... cheap!! Hahaha! :p I'm not so good with gluing though, I managed to superglue myself to a bead dragonfly :rolleyes: Which is why I like origami; no glue!

Silence: Ahahaha! Definitely the key rule! The town is completely spilt in two, the FC and Rovers supporting sides. Rovers tends to be the East Hull scab's team, though because I'm a "posh suburbian" from the West, I'm automatically an FC girl :D

----------------------------

Today going well so far, food as normal and a 6 mile run in the morning. I'm cooking tonight; spagetti with bolognese sauce, with mushrooms and tofu.

OK, here's my advise for anyone considering getting married. Don't invite anyone. No, not even them. Guests have been the biggest pain; I've had one throw a wobbly when I told her I wouldn't be able to spend time with just her on my wedding day, 3 guests try invite their own guests when we're already overpacked, people nagging that they haven't had invites (we made them, then ran out) when they're either a) best man or b) a sibling and when they're not doing all that, you know what else they aren't doing... RSVPing!!! BAH!

It'll be worth it, it'll be worth it, it'll be worth it... ;)

Anywho, back to the drawing board. Enjoy the Bank Holiday!

Bron

Last edited:
oh honey. i feel your pain :) i have about 8 weeks to go i believe and i'm already getting vexed with guests, ha. i have the danish contingent wanting to sing a song instead of say a speech (oh god!!) a large group of people who are apparently organising how to get there and back but haven't told me that they are coming yet, i've had to hear it through a grapevine and people STILL asking me to book hotels for them. i'm organising the sodding wedding!! all on my own!! book your own sodding hotel!! aaaaaargh!!

oh, and my mum, who has spent a fortune on a dress, refuses to try it on because 'she knows it will look fine' and wants me to say whether or not i think she should wear it... without seeing her in it... need i say more? :D

abz xx

Evening all!

Abz: Haha! Well, at least we're not alone in this venture and we understand each other's pain. Guests asking you to book their hotels!? Now that's not cool! We'll get there, and... *deep breath for the mantra* it'll all be worth it ;)

--------------------------------

Bigbigbigbigbigbig news!!!!!! I PASSED MY DRIVING TEST!!!! :D :D :D I'm so happy, this has been the biggest thing for me! It's so exciting and brilliant, it still doesn't quite feel real! Going to do my Pass Plus on monday, can't wait to drive again, as a proper driver :D

Tried on my wedding dress for the first time since before I went to the US. It was a tighter fit, but I got it on *relief*! Really need to make sure I drop a few before the big day...

Eating's been OK. Monday was spot on, yesterday had a pre and post run snack, and had a snack today to keep me going before tea. Went to Subway, and stuck to my guns and had the veggie delight - basically a salad sandwich! Passed on the cheese too, go me!

Have a great thursday!

Bron

Excellent news! Well done Bron!!!

Don't worry, you'll lose those few pounds before the big day, I'm sure!

Silence: Weeeeeee!!! Thank you :D :D :D I'm so happy, I'd been taking lessons for about 3/4 years on and off. My old instructor was, although a nice guy, a bit rubbish. My new one has been brilliant, I owe him such a debt of gratitude! I really hope you're right about those lbs!

-------------------------------

Went for a good 7 mile run today, and eating has been spot on so far. So far so good... But when I look at my body, I can see it's not the same size it was when I was 61/62kgs. So I'm not positive about dropping squatters this week. I don't think I've gone up, but if I've gone down, I don't think it'll be much of a drop.

Wedding shoes came today!!!!! :D All I need to shop for now is undies and dig out some of my mum's jewellry and I'm set! Ish...

Bron

bron, sorry i'm a bit late catching up but many many congrats on passing your driving test.

And, its a bit late for you but the while guest thing was exactly why we went away to get married. We had our nearest and dearest only with us for the big day, everyone there had a reason to be, bridemaids and spouses, best man and spouse , parents, 1 usher and his spouse, there were 14 in total at the ceremony. we had the big evening receiption when we got back from honeymoon, and tbh i didnt care much who was at that cos altho it was important it wasnt the big day if you know what i mean. It worked out well

congratulations on passing your driving test well done

mommyB: Thank you :D Thanks for the advice too. Sadly I don't think we could have afforded a wedding abroad. Deep down, I know it'll be wonderful sharing our day with our friends, but right now I'm tempted to tell them where to shove their extra guests!

Kazzy: Thanks babe :D So happy, it's been a long time coming!

------------------------------

Bah! Wedding underwear is rubbish! I can't find anything I like in my price range, very annoying. Considering buying a plain one and beading it myself. Or going commando :D

As my office is in the loft, I've been able to multitask and root through my mum's jewellry while sending work to client. Been difficult but successful, found some suitable pieces. Considering a particular piece which is in the possession of my brother at the moment, might ask him nicely later.

Absolutely starving, hope tea's not too late...

Good luck for tomorrow, friday girls!

Bron

Good luck to you too Bron!
Kick a*se lass!!!

Hey Bron,
Have just skimmed your diary at last. WOw, 40kg is amazing, and youre getting married in 4ish weeks!!!!!!!! Wow. Now Im going to get nosey here, what do you do for a living in a loft!!! Sorry, I just like building a picture of someone. Anyway, can now keep an eye on you!!!
xxx

congrats_2.gif

Well done on passing your driving test hun.

Good luck for tomorrow's weigh in. x x

Back