The Weekend: Diet Wrecker

LightRaven

What doesn't kill me.....
Alright, I am in need of some suport/advice. I am able to follow my diet all week with relatively small, if any, slip ups. The weekend is another story. I'm obviously not at work, where there is plenty to keep my mind off food... and also.. where there is not a stockpile of food!

Once it's the weekend, I crash! and BURN! LOL! My daughter is 2.. and eats.. and wants to share...and wants to eat stuff that I shouldn't... And then when she's napping.. I get bored! And boredom=eating. :sigh:... so.... any suggestions?! Thanks! :rolleyes:

hi lightraven, sorry i'm the same, any temptation and i cave in! when my kids are at school i'm fine, keeping busy but at the weekend, hubbys home cooking bacon sarnies or a french stick which is so hard to keep away from! i guess my will power is strong enough but hope it will kick in soon!

Hi lightraven I know how you feel, I work shifts but the days I am not at work are so much harder than the days I am! Maybe try going for a walk with your daughter to keep your mind off food and also burn calories?! Read/chat to a mate on the phone/go on the computer while she is napping??

Good luck and let us know how you get on!

Thanks guys...

You know, I would like going for walks with her except.. she's two and wants to pick up everything and is awfully pokey! lol.... no really, it's cute, but it's been VERY cold here this winter and because she may or maynot have asthma, I cannot take her out in the cold. We are pretty sure she has "allergy induced" asthma, but I cannot risk seeing if the cold air with affect her like it affected me when I had asthma as a child. It might warm up this weekend, so we'll see.. but there is still snow on the ground, so the playground is out to. I almost can't wait until spring just so we can go outside.. even though I love the cold.. but the spring will bring back her allergies! Not a win-win situation here! lol. :)

LR

Oi. I just weighed myself.. and I didn't loose any this week.:cry:

Course I didn't gain either so I guess that's the bright spot. I'll just have to try harder this week and not succumb to my temptations this weekend. :17729:

LR

Chin up, believe in urself!!
Try some Rowntrees sugar free jelly and instead of cold water use diet coke! It is sooo yummy and gives u a sugar fix! A cuppa with a rich tea, or a snack bar. You can snack and succumb to temptation but trade things in for healthier things! U need to retrain ur mind to believe u dont need crap!

Chin up, believe in urself!!
Try some Rowntrees sugar free jelly and instead of cold water use diet coke! It is sooo yummy and gives u a sugar fix! A cuppa with a rich tea, or a snack bar. You can snack and succumb to temptation but trade things in for healthier things! U need to retrain ur mind to believe u dont need crap!

You know.. I don't think I am a picky eater, but if I go through the things I'm either allergic to, or don't like.. it sure seems that way. I don't like jelly... coffee or tea, and I definitely don't like diet soda! LOL! I really should stay away from the soda anyway..I'm very prone to addiction to sugar. Mt. Dew used to be my significant other. It was really unhealthy between the sugar and the caffine. I could easily drink a 2 liter bottle of soda in one day.:(

But thank you for the suggestions.. I actually had a really good weekend! :D

Oh no, I am also dreading the weekend too, especially this weekend as H and I are going out on Saturday to watch the rugby. Wales v England. I know I can keep away from the bat snacks but the alcohol will be a problem. And then theres Sunday lunch to test my will power.

why o why do weekends really mess up mu diet.

Must keep strong and I'm sure you will do just fine LightRaven.
Hugz to you. you are doing so well.

xxxx

I'm going to the cinema tonight, we always go to Noodle bar to kill time before the movie... uh oh!

You know.. I was home with my daughter all day yesterday because her asthma kicked up and I am REALLY proud of myself. I didn't slip up once! I was really tempted with the cheese curls I gave her with her lunch, but I didn't touch not one! :D

Woo!

LR

I'm going to the cinema tonight, we always go to Noodle bar to kill time before the movie... uh oh!

What's a noodle bar? Sounds good!

I'm a bit anti-social however.. I don't go out often... So I don't have that problem.....

I'm a hermit :cool:

LR

I can spend alot of time at home with my daughter too LightRaven because she has asthma too. usually alot worse in the winter but can be tricky in the summer too :( I sympathise because I can be home indoors for about 3-4days at a time.

I LOVE NOODLES!

xxxx

I can spend alot of time at home with my daughter too LightRaven because she has asthma too. usually alot worse in the winter but can be tricky in the summer too :( I sympathise because I can be home indoors for about 3-4days at a time.

xxxx

That's strange. Ayleigh's asthma only acts up if she has a cold, if its spring, or fall. Shes good in the winter and summer. Different strokes.... but I do remember as a child, my mom kept me home on really really cold days because of my asthma. The cold air hasn't affected her like that so far.

LR

Oh no, I am also dreading the weekend too, especially this weekend as H and I are going out on Saturday to watch the rugby. Wales v England. I know I can keep away from the bat snacks but the alcohol will be a problem. And then theres Sunday lunch to test my will power.

why o why do weekends really mess up mu diet.

Must keep strong and I'm sure you will do just fine LightRaven.
Hugz to you. you are doing so well.

xxxx

i find weekends hard too with h at home and the kids eating all yummy things so i end up eating a chocolate snack instead of fruit which seems to help.

don't forget if you weighed out all your meat and eg you could still have a decent roast!

have fun at the rugby and if it helps i worked out 1/2 a lager is sort of equal to a snack. hopefully i worked it out right if not that might explain a few things :8855:

What's a noodle bar? Sounds good!

I'm a bit anti-social however.. I don't go out often... So I don't have that problem.....

I'm a hermit :cool:

LR

its a funky little funny looking old building with some benches and they do all sort of thai and noodles and stuff.

But I didn't go.

I HAD PIZZA HUT my faveeeeeee!!
oh :eek:(

I had pizza last night as well. In Philadelphia though, we don't do things like Pizza Hut or Dominos, because we have all these corner pizza places. I had a white pizza with Shrimp. Yum!

I'm not a Pizza Hut fan anyway.. their crusts have butter in them.... ew. lol

LR

Went to noodle bar last sat with my 2 year old, we loooovvvvveeeeee noodle bar yummo! Where abouts are you in Essex sacha?

I cope with the weekend in an odd way! I have my weekly treat on a saturday morning...A huge fry up!... after i've had that i'm full until 6 in the evening,I carry on drinking water all day and if I do get hungry before 6 i'll have one of my usual snacks. I seem to be able to cope ok on a sunday because it's only a day away from my treat day :)

I'm in Frinton Ugg, which is on the coast... near clacton... about 20 miles from Colchester?? I work in Colchester. And thats about 15-20 miles from Chelmsford! Lol

Lightraven u dunno how much I wanna try those corner pizza places! I LURVE pizza hut tho! My other half told me about this pizza place over the bridge in New York... its my hope to go there some day!

I'm having home made lasagne for my valentines meal tomoro.... uh oh!

Back