TheBonds - welcome to minimins

cah-ching

Gold Member
TheBonds,

Welcome to Minimins :welcome:. GOod luck with your low-calorie journey.

Be sure to post ... get to know us and we you. :D

Thanks. Am looking forward to being part of the group and gaining some helpful info.

My struggle started really in my teens and continues today. The most I have ever lost was 3 stone on Weight Watchers, but then put it back on and more. I have however in the last 3 months decided I need to seriously lose weight.

Have been going to GP's for regular weigh in's for last couple of months and have lost approx a stone and a half, but when you have a lot of weight to lose like I have it's very difficult to see the end goal. Have asked at GP's re prescribed drugs available but the practice nurse was quite keen for me not to go down this route even though I had done a lot of research and thought it would aid me in my journey. I have over Xmas done further research on Surgery and am looking for as much information as I can get. I know 1 member lives within my area (Preston) and I am keen for any other members from this area to give me some guidance as to how difficult it is to get funding from this PCT as I believe they do not perform the surgery at RPH.

Anyway thats my story so far. Looking forward to meeting many new friends.

Rachel
x

Thanks. Am looking forward to being part of the group and gaining some helpful info.

My struggle started really in my teens and continues today. The most I have ever lost was 3 stone on Weight Watchers, but then put it back on and more. I have however in the last 3 months decided I need to seriously lose weight.

Have been going to GP's for regular weigh in's for last couple of months and have lost approx a stone and a half, but when you have a lot of weight to lose like I have it's very difficult to see the end goal. Have asked at GP's re prescribed drugs available but the practice nurse was quite keen for me not to go down this route even though I had done a lot of research and thought it would aid me in my journey. I have over Xmas done further research on Surgery and am looking for as much information as I can get. I know 1 member lives within my area (Preston) and I am keen for any other members from this area to give me some guidance as to how difficult it is to get funding from this PCT as I believe they do not perform the surgery at RPH.

Anyway thats my story so far. Looking forward to meeting many new friends.

Rachel
x

We have a great weightloss surgery thread as well Rachel that I'm sure you will find helpful :)

Last edited:
Hi Rachel, welcome to minimins

Back