Thickening up Chillis?

skinnyminnycow

Half a pound at a time.
Obviously pre-SW I would use cornflour.

Any other idea on how to thicken chillis up from the chopped toms?

Let it simmer for a bit longer, it will thicken up.

My favorite way to make it is to use Tesco kidney beans in chili sauce (free!) and use a little passata to make it the consistancy you want. I add a little more chili and cumin, but its gorgeous as it is! And great cos you dont have to wait for it to thicken up!

I always use a bag of aunt bes swede and carrot mash, just throw in and let it "defrost" and it thickens it a your adding superfree :)

if you add some uncooked rice to your chilli the starches will release and thicken your sauce; just add it with your chopped tomatoes.

I like to add baked beans to chilli, it thickens it nicely and just the right amount of sweetness to take the bitter edge from the tinned tomatoes.

I hear that tomato purée works wonders for thickening (not sure why?! Lol). If not, let it simmer for a bit longer. I normally simmer the chilli for around an hour and its nice and thick then :).

I hear that tomato purée works wonders for thickening (not sure why?! Lol). If not, let it simmer for a bit longer. I normally simmer the chilli for around an hour and its nice and thick then :).

Tomato purée does seem to thicken stuff for some reason. Made a sausage casserole recently and forgot to put the tomato purée in and it made so much difference!!!!

It seems that this is the great debate at present. Yes it is free as base for pizza as it is how it is meant to be used when made up. My answer is make it up as pkt instructions then put in dish to thicken. Just like putting in potato. what does anyone think

It seems that this is the great debate at present. Yes it is free as base for pizza as it is how it is meant to be used when made up. My answer is make it up as pkt instructions then put in dish to thicken. Just like putting in potato. what does anyone think

Actually it's not free as a pizza base. There have been many threads about this and the faq's on the slimming world website specifically say that smash pizza isn't free.

Where are the faq`s please. Am still told the pizza base is free

Back