Things are looking up .....

sparkelwings

in my dreams!!!!!!
hi everyone, i've been having a rough time of it lately as my hubby was made redundant out of the blue which knocked me for six :wave_cry: but am coming out of the initial shock now and am trying to be more positive.

i'm not using the situation as an excuse but as i felt so low turned to food (naturally!) for comfort but still tried to diet, amazingly i've still lost but that is probably down to internal stress :eek: not what i've been eating.

i decided to help things along in the job front by applying and unbelieveably got one:eek:. its only part time but am so chuffed someone actually gave me a chance that the cloud has lifted slightly. its nowhere near enough to live on but will help enormously until hubby gets another one, fingers crossed.

i know i've been well stressed with this but my skin has erupted. i usually get a few spots at totm but this is like all the time and more:eek:. it seems that since i've been on sf my skin has deteriorated:wave_cry: is this just a coincidence or has anyone else experienced it. as first i thought as i was eating so healthy that my body was getting rid of all the toxins but surely not 3 months in and still the same:sigh:

sorry to ramble on but everyone one on here is so lovely and full of advice and kind words just wanted to say a huge thank you as coming on here is a lifesaver as it lets you say whats in your heart without seeming silly or worrying what others will think about you. i'd better go now before i say i love everyone! :8855: bigs hugs and kisses to everyone and hope you all have a lovely long weekend x

Hiya Sparkle,

I'm so pleased that things are looking brighter for you now, sounds like you and your hubby have had a rough time lately so its only fair you get dealt a fair set of cards for once :)

Luckily my oh seems safe at mo on the job front but my dad lost his courier job the other week, these jobs are hard to come by at the moment. So i know how its been for you because i talk to my poor mum daily about her problems with my dad being out of work and i can fully understand why you would seek some comfort from food. Its amazing that you have still been losing those pounds whilst going through all this.

I haven't had any problems with my skin since i started slim fast so i cant help you with that one, but i just wanted to say how happy i am for you.

Hey Girlfriend, congrats on the PT job! :0clapper:

As for your skin.... I don't think it's the SF. I do think it is from stress. I remember my last two years at college, and a year afterwards until I had gotten pregnant with Ayleigh, my skin was crazy. I was completely stressed out because I entirely burned myself out, and then when I didn't graduate because of the burn out and carpel tunnel, I continued to stress trying to find a way around my school's (stupid) policies...not only was my face constantly covered, but I developed a nervous "tick" constantly picking at it. It just made it so much worse!

Hopefully once your stress levels lower, your face will calm down.. (And don't pick either!!)

:heartpump:

LR

So please things are looking up sparkel! :gen126: My skin goes nuts when i'm stressed too,hate it!

hi my lovely ladies,thanks so much for your kind words, it really does help! haven't been on here for few days as we all went away for easter to a static caravan that we have at the coast and had a lovely time. ithink it helped hubby to relax away from the house and has perked up quite a bit. unfortunately though, came completely off the wagon but decided to go back on it again thursday and enjoy it until then! thanks once again x

Nice to hear you had a nice time over the easter hols, you deserve it sparkle. So when do you start this new fab job of yours ? I'm currently looking for work at the moment, need to bring more pennies in the house. Me and my OH are planning a great family holiday to florida in 2011 whilst the kids are still young enough to enjoy it.

Sparklewings, well done you on getting a job. Like you said some money coming in is better than none. My skin has gone a bit off balance since I have been on SF, I never used to get spots not even totm but now I get these funny big lumpy ones that don't really so anything. Don't know what it is but they are not attractive. lol
Glad you had a nice Easter too, we did aswell, had a picnic on the beach on Saturday and it was so nice, mind you it was followed by one or two Gin and tonics in the pub. lol

Nice to hear you had a nice time over the easter hols, you deserve it sparkle. So when do you start this new fab job of yours ? I'm currently looking for work at the moment, need to bring more pennies in the house. Me and my OH are planning a great family holiday to florida in 2011 whilst the kids are still young enough to enjoy it.

thanks hayley, it was lovely and the weather helped too. i do love the sun. i don't start work until the 2nd may which is great cos it means i've got the rest of the hols with the kids and then time to tidy up before i start lol! its only 13 hrs a week but it all helps and am so pleased to actually get a job, just need hubby to get one too!

we went to florida in 2005 and it was fab! it was so cheap when we were actually there but the cost of flights, villa and park tickets took the most money. especially as with the 3 kids couldn't find a hotel to fit us all in, hey ho and i don't think it matters what age the kids are i loved it and can't wait to go back, in fact i love anything to do with america and would love to see so many parts of it wuold take forever :eek:

lind, you're the 1st person who's also got skin probs, a lot have said it could be down to the stress which makes sense. hopefully it will start to clear up now if thats the case but there again i'm probably going to be stressing near my start date as its been quite a few years since i worked:eek:

hope you enjoyed your weekend in the sunshine too especially the gins:8855:

thanks for your kind words ladies, knew i could rely on you x

Me and my OH went to Los Angeles when we first got together which was great. We really would like to go to New York on an xmas shopping spree but the probs is we need the money first. :cry: we kinda thought that florida would be great for the kids and us of course but we need plenty of time to save so 2011 seems realistic, I want to redecorate the house and that cost money too :cry: so much to do but no money lol

That's a great time to be starting your job, after a nice holiday with the family, school hols out the way and then you get to get some time to get the house straight after your whirlwinds go back to school ( well that's what i call mine, they seem to trash everything as they go by ).

I worked at John Lewis for around the same hours as u a little while back in the call centre and though it was only a few hours being a mum is full time so your work will continue so never think 13hrs is nothing because being a working mum is hard work. I'm sending you some good luck down the wires of the net for your hubby, hope he manages to find some work soon.

hi colin, apparently not i can't get working tax credit as i'm only working 13 hrs a week but can receive child tax credits which is better than nothing. thanks for the link though x

Hey, yes i did enjoy the Gins. lol

Last year we tired a role reversal where I went out to work and my hubby stayed home and looked after Eddie. The only trouble was I still had to do the lions share of the housework!! lol
You'll have to make sure your OH knows that when you hoover you have to pick the toys up off the floor and not just go around them!! lol :8855:

hi hun, oh yeah, i'm ready for that! i'm not too worried about the house as i want him to concentrate on looking for a job ie papers, or the net first but he's pretty good at getting the children to help and will cook tea which is a huge plus as its the worst time for me.

i think the hardest part will be managing my time properly and getting myself organised and hopefully as away from the house should be fine with not eating bad things!

You sound like you have your head screwed on with the diet and with getting organised.

We've had a tight year but now my OH finally has a decent job we can relax a bit now. What does your OH do for a living? Will he be able to get back to work quickly?

Good luck my lovely!

You sound like you have your head screwed on with the diet and with getting organised.

We've had a tight year but now my OH finally has a decent job we can relax a bit now. What does your OH do for a living? Will he be able to get back to work quickly?

Good luck my lovely!

cheers hun, yeah i'm in that frame of mind where totally going for it! i want to be in your shoes 6 months from now really pleased with how i look :eek:

it does make all the diff if hubby has good job which mine has had in the past. he's usually had general manager type rolls in retail which isn't the best place to be right now so we can only hope.:wave_cry: unfortunately and i'll never say it to him, coupled with that and that he's 44 we need a huge amount of luck. x

cheers hun, yeah i'm in that frame of mind where totally going for it! i want to be in your shoes 6 months from now really pleased with how i look :eek:

it does make all the diff if hubby has good job which mine has had in the past. he's usually had general manager type rolls in retail which isn't the best place to be right now so we can only hope.:wave_cry: unfortunately and i'll never say it to him, coupled with that and that he's 44 we need a huge amount of luck. x

My OH is 44 too, he was offered about 3 jobs all in about a week of each other. He was saying that he thinks the employers are going for the more mature people with life experience as well as work experience.

You will get there, and in six months time you will be where you want to be because you will have worked toward it. You deserve all your successes. x

Back